I don't have a beechnut pair but from what I've seen, the Saphir Cognac looks very similar
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 5/1/15 at 8:12pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 4/28/15 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 180
Styleforum Top Picks
My C&J Brunswick's from Robert Olde arrived today (they got them in on Fri morning and DHL'd them from UK to Florida and - viola! - Monday morning by 8a).
I was able to swing by the house at lunch and quickly check them out and try them on. Beeeeeaaaauuutiful. And they feel like a good fit - a touch of slippage in the heel but the front half and toe box feels spot on. Especially in my right foot where the width is a bit bigger than the left and my little toe tends to get crammed. All that feels good, really good, so a pad for the heel area is about all I need.
I have to say these are almost exquisite to handle, certainly my highest quality shoes yet. And, I'm not regretting the purchase in regards to overlapping responsibilities with the Marlow, they'll play two different roles.
I leave on a trip tomorrow but when I get back in a week I'll drop some pics and especially some side by sides with the Marlows. And then, into the rotation!!!
I was assuming the trousers were being lifted up to show more of the boot. That can't possibly be where the trouser leg sits at full extension.
Pick a color that's close, but a bit lighter and you're fine. If you feel ambitious, go a shade darker every once in a while. You will build a nice patina. Shoe leather is not like an automobile. No "manual" that tells one the Single proper way to maintain.
This is what all the fashionistas want to sell the buyer on now-a-days. High hems, short sleeves... I am dubious. In a year or two, they will tell us the traditional break of fabric is "back" and anyone who followed the trend is F@#KED!
Nice shoes, though!
Could you chaps recommend me a good C&J black dress shoe that could be worn with a suit and smart/casually (jeans/SC)? I'm still working on my staples (navy and charcoal suits on the way, got a decent pair of brown oxfords and need some black shoes). Is it worth going with a dainite rubber sole given that the UK is cold, wet and miserable a lot of the time or would this be a waste for a first C&J buy? I quite like the look of the Talbot and Aintree.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › things that are making you happy 22 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 26 seconds ago
- › Galleries Contest - Streetwear & Denim score keeper thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Demise of RL Yarmouth 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 12 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...