I don't have a beechnut pair but from what I've seen, the Saphir Cognac looks very similar
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 12/16/14 at 9:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Yesterday at 9:05 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central Last post on 11/29/14 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 180
Styleforum Top Picks
My C&J Brunswick's from Robert Olde arrived today (they got them in on Fri morning and DHL'd them from UK to Florida and - viola! - Monday morning by 8a).
I was able to swing by the house at lunch and quickly check them out and try them on. Beeeeeaaaauuutiful. And they feel like a good fit - a touch of slippage in the heel but the front half and toe box feels spot on. Especially in my right foot where the width is a bit bigger than the left and my little toe tends to get crammed. All that feels good, really good, so a pad for the heel area is about all I need.
I have to say these are almost exquisite to handle, certainly my highest quality shoes yet. And, I'm not regretting the purchase in regards to overlapping responsibilities with the Marlow, they'll play two different roles.
I leave on a trip tomorrow but when I get back in a week I'll drop some pics and especially some side by sides with the Marlows. And then, into the rotation!!!
I was assuming the trousers were being lifted up to show more of the boot. That can't possibly be where the trouser leg sits at full extension.
Pick a color that's close, but a bit lighter and you're fine. If you feel ambitious, go a shade darker every once in a while. You will build a nice patina. Shoe leather is not like an automobile. No "manual" that tells one the Single proper way to maintain.
This is what all the fashionistas want to sell the buyer on now-a-days. High hems, short sleeves... I am dubious. In a year or two, they will tell us the traditional break of fabric is "back" and anyone who followed the trend is F@#KED!
Nice shoes, though!
Could you chaps recommend me a good C&J black dress shoe that could be worn with a suit and smart/casually (jeans/SC)? I'm still working on my staples (navy and charcoal suits on the way, got a decent pair of brown oxfords and need some black shoes). Is it worth going with a dainite rubber sole given that the UK is cold, wet and miserable a lot of the time or would this be a waste for a first C&J buy? I quite like the look of the Talbot and Aintree.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › Thomas Riemer Gloves 2 seconds ago
- › Conrad Wu - Official Affiliate Thread 37 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 42 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › lasts and bespoke shoe makers 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sole Welting 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...