or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 177

post #2641 of 7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

What do you guys think is a reasonable price for a pair of NIB westbournes in chestnut?
thanks

 

They are ~270 pounds (no VAT) brand new at full price. Just go from there?

post #2642 of 7659

How much is it? And could it be bought online? It's awesome..

Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post

Saw this in the shop window the other day. Has anyone kopped?

post #2643 of 7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

How much is it? And could it be bought online? It's awesome..

 

I think it's on the C&J mail order price list for 95 GBP. uhoh.gif

post #2644 of 7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills View Post

 

I think it's on the C&J mail order price list for 95 GBP. uhoh.gif

Lol could get 2 new shoe horns for that. No thanks. I thought it would go for £20-30 maybe?

post #2645 of 7659
We finally got a "sunny" day over here in my part of Sweden, so I had the opportunity to take a few shots of my Skye 2. They've been worn around the house for a bit, so they aren't exactly pristine. No post editing except for cropping. Enjoy.









post #2646 of 7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

I was thinking about going with the Wembley on the 360 last (benchgrade) or the belgrave on the 337 last (handgrade)
I like both for your purposes, but lean towards the former. I think you can go dressier with the Wembley, but more casual with the Belgrave.
post #2647 of 7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post


I like both for your purposes, but lean towards the former. I think you can go dressier with the Wembley, but more casual with the Belgrave.

 thank you...  I suppose you could even wear the Wembley with a Tux? 

 

1 last question - handgrades worth the $150 approx premium?

post #2648 of 7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

 thank you...  I suppose you could even wear the Wembley with a Tux? 

1 last question - handgrades worth the $150 approx premium?

Some purists will say no, but IMO you could.

I personally don't have any handgrade C&Js so I will defer to others to comment.
post #2649 of 7659

Know this is the C&J thread but if you are in the market for solid Northampton made benchgrade business styles, Herring Shoes are selling off all of their Church 73 lasted shoes at a significant discount.

 

RRP of 355GBP (not a realistic price for these IMO) but with the code HSLAST73 a decent 45% off models like Brisbane (equivalent current 173 last model is called Chetwynd), and Perth (current model Diplomat).

 

There are some monks, balmorals and a loafer as well in different coloured regular calf, polished binder and suede. Availability in sizes and widths varies but you can search here:

 

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/search-results.php?sizeid=&fitid=3&styleid=&colourid=&search=Sale+Search

post #2650 of 7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Lol could get 2 new shoe horns for that. No thanks. I thought it would go for £20-30 maybe?

 

I know right? Decent money to put towards something you can wear, or at least get more use from. Maybe we're just not baller enough.

post #2651 of 7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Courtesy of Wikipedia: "the Balmoral is a particular type of Oxford where there are no seams (apart from the toe cap) descending to the welt, a style particularly common on boots"

 

Cheers for that, appreciate it.

 

One more question: is that specifically an American definition or a more general one? I've always used it to refer to any boot with closed lacing, irrespective of what the seams are doing. And the Balmoral model by Church's, mentioned above, is a regular oxford shoe.

post #2652 of 7659
Received today the Shipton & Heneage Wilton, they are very nice.

I went with 8.5 G, the toe is comfortable and the lenght is correct but I have a bit of heel slippage, do you think the shoes are too big in the heels area? should I exchange them for EX width?


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
3-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

heel.jpg

Thanks
Edited by alexSF - 11/7/12 at 1:18pm
post #2653 of 7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBrummie View Post

Cheers for that, appreciate it.

One more question: is that specifically an American definition or a more general one? I've always used it to refer to any boot with closed lacing, irrespective of what the seams are doing. And the Balmoral model by Church's, mentioned above, is a regular oxford shoe.

From what I have read some people will argue that balmoral is just the way the Brits refer to oxfords, but as you can see a balmoral specifically refers to a type of oxford and not just oxfords in general. It's akin to Americans calling any type of lace up shoe an oxford.

Even well known American shoe makers will do the same, which does not help the situation:

http://www.aldenshoe.com/cat_ane2_932.htm
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/cati2_Shoes_1_40000000001_-1_1_image_0_N_120552_120552_130245_subcategory
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF270_1_40000000001_-1
Quote:
Guaranteed to make a dramatic impression, this cap-toe balmoral combines a classic silhouette with unsurpassed craftsmanship to convey the serious presence necessary for anyone who leads by example and ensures the Park Avenue will perfectly suit all the most important moments in your life.
post #2654 of 7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

Received today the Shipton & Heneage Wilton, they are very nice.
I went with 8.5 G, the toe is comfortable and the lenght is correct but I have a bit of heel slippage, do you think the shoes are too big in the heels area? should I exchange them for EX width?
1-4.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2-3.jpg
3-3.jpg
4-2.jpg
heel.jpg
Thanks

Nice loafers Alex. Great colour aswell.

I think though of all various shoe types, loafers are the hardest to buy without trying on. I do believe a loafer should be tight to begin with as it will expand with your foot, I also find that suede is softer than full grain leather or shell and has a bit more give.

Based on my experience I think if you are experiencing heal slippage now it will only get worse as you wear in. My own experience of c&j g width shoes are that they are very wide. Hope they work out for you.
post #2655 of 7659
Thanks

I went with G width because I bought the Marlow Penny in 9 D and it was so small and narrow that I couldn't insert my foot inside, also last 325 in E widht was a bit narrow for my feet.

I don't found this pair too wide for my feet, they are perfect in the toe area but too large in the heel and waist, considering the gap between width there is also a chance that EX would be too narrow shog[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **