or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 166

post #2476 of 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour View Post

What is the recommendation for sizeing for the 314 last do you have to size down a full size or half a size or?? from your normal US size.

which model are you considering? is it shell or calf?
post #2477 of 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

which model are you considering? is it shell or calf?

I was looking at Harvard shell.
post #2478 of 8074
Question for the experts, if i am a 9uk in chiltern, would I be same in Islay?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2479 of 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post

Question for the experts, if i am a 9uk in chiltern, would I be same in Islay?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so.
Islay is on the 365 last while the Chiltren is on the 224 last. The 365 last is more generous in the toe however.
post #2480 of 8074
I have the Chalfont in black calf (single monk strap; shortwing blucher). I have some squeaking that doesn't seem to go away (particularly the right shoe). Have been worn probably 6 times. Any suggestions? Anyone have similar problems with C&J monks? Thanks Gents.
post #2481 of 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

It is unusual that CF uses FedEx. I think unless the customer requests so, they always use Royal Mail. Perhaps they made a mistake. Also, I am not suggesting they eat the charges, you do to save the customs hassle, not the cost of shipping. If this is too much, then just pay the custome fees on this one and use Royal Mail in the future.

I disagree. CF defaults to (or defaulted to) FedEx. Mainly because it picks up from the shop; I don't think Royal Mail does. Royal Mail also has a 2 kilo weight limit. If you're buying two or more pairs the FedEx shipping is much cheaper since it can be sent together. In my correspondence w/ Alastair I had to request Royal Mail because it wasn't an option on the website. FedEx doesn't deliver where my mailbox was located at the time, but I also knew I'd be less likely to incur hefty customs and agent fees. FedEx collects a nice fee for its agent service, so it's inclined to present everything to the customs agent.
post #2482 of 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by curzon View Post

I disagree. CF defaults to (or defaulted to) FedEx. Mainly because it picks up from the shop; I don't think Royal Mail does. Royal Mail also has a 2 kilo weight limit. If you're buying two or more pairs the FedEx shipping is much cheaper since it can be sent together. In my correspondence w/ Alastair I had to request Royal Mail because it wasn't an option on the website. FedEx doesn't deliver where my mailbox was located at the time, but I also knew I'd be less likely to incur hefty customs and agent fees. FedEx collects a nice fee for its agent service, so it's inclined to present everything to the customs agent.

post #2483 of 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post

Question for the experts, if i am a 9uk in chiltern, would I be same in Islay?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so.
Islay is on the 365 last while the Chiltren is on the 224 last. The 365 last is more generous in the toe however.


Thanks so much!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2484 of 8074
Got my 240 last 11C, definitely TTS, a bit narrow for me
post #2485 of 8074
Browsing the shoe scene (as usual). Checked out a pair of C&J Connaught in London.

Quite low cut, so didn't fit that nicely around my ankle, plus the leather's quite soft and supple. Didn't feel very substantial. Prefer a 'tougher' leather, say the stuff that Church's used on the old 100 last.
post #2486 of 8074

About to buy some C&J Hallams. A question regarding fit:
On an oxford, should the two sides of the shoe (where the lace holes are) come together to cover the entire tongue? Or is a bit of a V common?

post #2487 of 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by espa View Post

About to buy some C&J Hallams. A question regarding fit:

On an oxford, should the two sides of the shoe (where the lace holes are) come together to cover the entire tongue? Or is a bit of a V common?

If they come together and feel loose I think the width of the shoe may be too wide, but if they make a large V gap than it is too narrow. This will also depend on how high of an instep you have. People with high insteps will have a hard time getting the two to come together. I don't mind a little V gap on mine.
post #2488 of 8074
Didn't know C&J was or had been offering a string loafer, what's the name of it?

post #2489 of 8074

^^^those look really nice. never seen those before.

post #2490 of 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Didn't know C&J was or had been offering a string loafer, what's the name of it?
[IMG ALT=""] Hide (Click to show)

Not sure about that particular one, but C&J's has another by the name of Hayling and they sell the leather version of it at Brooks Brothers. The last may be different from the one that you posted though.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo360/theyare/theyare2/hayley.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.styleforum.net/t/227575/quintessential-crockett-jones-thread/1575&h=768&w=1024&sz=165&tbnid=OFSVlqZMivqAdM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&zoom=1&usg=__GAiTpMgxyqa1M1NXLz08F9h6KVI=&docid=h8iuuvMPX-SEmM&sa=X&ei=g6WBUJqbKI-k8gTJzIGQAw&ved=0CCsQ9QEwAQ&dur=333

It's actually posted earlier in this thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **