or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 165

post #2461 of 7804
duplicate post
Edited by CrackedCrab - 10/15/12 at 4:24pm
post #2462 of 7804
lol thanks guys for the comments. the socks are Falke shadows I got on sale at STP and yes the're a little off, think I will relegate them to boots only foo.gif
post #2463 of 7804
^ I have the same socks lol8[1].gif
post #2464 of 7804
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ I have the same socks lol8[1].gif

I agree with Mr. Liverano, socks should always be Nany, period.
post #2465 of 7804

Guys, I need some assistance. I ordered a pair of Westbourne from Christopher Forbes and was just notified by the seller that Fedex has requested form 5106 from them. What do I do in this case? Should I provide my SSN? :( If Fedex needs info, shouldn't they contact me instead of doing through the seller?

post #2466 of 7804
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post

Guys, I need some assistance. I ordered a pair of Westbourne from Christopher Forbes and was just notified by the seller that Fedex has requested form 5106 from them. What do I do in this case? Should I provide my SSN? frown.gif If Fedex needs info, shouldn't they contact me instead of doing through the seller?

Let the seller handle it. It may be to your advantage. Do not wise up a dummy.
I ordered from Forbes before, it is better to use Royal Mail.
post #2467 of 7804

Yeah, I learned about Royal Mail too late.

post #2468 of 7804
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post

Guys, I need some assistance. I ordered a pair of Westbourne from Christopher Forbes and was just notified by the seller that Fedex has requested form 5106 from them. What do I do in this case? Should I provide my SSN? frown.gif If Fedex needs info, shouldn't they contact me instead of doing through the seller?

You are the importer and value is over $250 so you'll have to give your SSN if you want your shoes. It's the law for "importing" anything over $250
post #2469 of 7804
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post

Guys, I need some assistance. I ordered a pair of Westbourne from Christopher Forbes and was just notified by the seller that Fedex has requested form 5106 from them. What do I do in this case? Should I provide my SSN? frown.gif If Fedex needs info, shouldn't they contact me instead of doing through the seller?

Find the 800 number for Fedex Trade Network (not the normal fedex number) and call them.
if you have the tracking number, hopefully they can tell you the person who is handling your package. There are several offices all over the country.
Then you can play phone tag with that person. I've had to fill that form out a few times.
Seems odd that the shipper is asking for it. I was contacted by a fedex person asking for it.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/170611/fedex-customs-query
post #2470 of 7804

Thanks guys. I've done some reading and apparently it's perfectly legitimate for the seller to submit the form for you. This is my first time buying stuff from oversea so it might be the reason why I got hit with the form. 

post #2471 of 7804
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post

Thanks guys. I've done some reading and apparently it's perfectly legitimate for the seller to submit the form for you. This is my first time buying stuff from oversea so it might be the reason why I got hit with the form. 

Refuse delivery from FedEx, have it go back to CF and then ask them to use Royal mail to send it again. In the long run, it will be cheaper and faster.
post #2472 of 7804
I'm curious as to why CF would want to have anything further to do with a customer who refused delivery on an international package just to save a few bucks on fees.
CF is going to have to eat the cost of shipping.

Also, as rapey as the Fedex brokerage fees are, once that 5106 form is filed, future packages sail through customs real fast.
post #2473 of 7804
It is unusual that CF uses FedEx. I think unless the customer requests so, they always use Royal Mail. Perhaps they made a mistake. Also, I am not suggesting they eat the charges, you do to save the customs hassle, not the cost of shipping. If this is too much, then just pay the custome fees on this one and use Royal Mail in the future.
post #2474 of 7804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

It is unusual that CF uses FedEx. I think unless the customer requests so, they always use Royal Mail. Perhaps they made a mistake. Also, I am not suggesting they eat the charges, you do to save the customs hassle, not the cost of shipping. If this is too much, then just pay the custome fees on this one and use Royal Mail in the future.

I could be wrong, but I have been told that Fedex offers a higher amount of insurance. I bought some JM Weston Chasse from France and used a proxy in the UK. To insure the high dollar value we used Fedex (and got hit with the big customs charge as well).
post #2475 of 7804

What is the recommendation for sizeing for the 314 last do you have to size down a full size or half a size or?? from your normal US size.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **