Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:13pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 6:18 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 155post #2311 of 989810/7/12 at 7:25pmRobert Old is great, I definitely recommend them. I recently inquired about a pair of Westbournes, they said they would reserve me a pair in their next order due for November 1 delivery from C&J. They emailed me a week later and said that stock arrived earlier than anticipated, product was shipped same day and arrived 4 days later, not sure of the carrier offhand but no duties were charged.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2312 of 989810/7/12 at 7:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by JackHunter
a 9.5US in a pair of westbourne (348 last) bought from Barneys would be the same size at 8.5uk on northcotes (also 348 last), correct? It seems like barneys sizes up by one, but it seems like I save a ton of money buying from christopher forbes instead of direct from the US store and returns are much harder if the size isn't right. I know the westbournes fit well, so I just need to figure out what size they're equivalent to.
All is correct US sizes are up 1. C&J are correctly sized to correspond to -1 of US size.post #2313 of 989810/7/12 at 7:30pmQuote:
I would disagree. I own two pairs of Westbournes. One purchased from C&J directly sized 7.5UK, and one purchased from barneys size US8. The shoes are exactly the same, and so from my experience, C&J only sizes down 1/2.post #2314 of 989810/7/12 at 7:38pmpost #2315 of 989810/7/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
You have small feet. I have large ones, agree to disagree. I have over 200 pairs.post #2316 of 989810/7/12 at 9:15pmQuote:
Sorry but you are wrong. Crockett & Jones customer service informed me a couple of years ago that shoes marked with a US size are 1/2 size more than if the shoes were marked with a UK size. C&J specifically stated that a UK 11.5E is a US 12D.post #2317 of 989810/7/12 at 10:12pmQuote:
My experience with C&J's puts me in Sartorial's camp on this one.
I am TTS US9.5D. I have various C&J's on various lasts, some calf and some shell, some tie and some monks, and I wear UK8.5E in them all. And the US-sized C&J's from BB I own are US9.5D.post #2318 of 989810/7/12 at 10:15pmQuote:
and did you buy the shoe to confirm?post #2319 of 989810/7/12 at 10:21pmQuote:
The shoes and boots in the factory shop are arranged so that, for example, a boot marked 10 destined for the American market is on the rack with the UK 9.5 models. The half-size down seemed to be right when I tried on a couple of models marked as a US 10 for my UK 9.5 feet...post #2320 of 989810/7/12 at 10:34pmpost #2321 of 989810/7/12 at 10:35pmpost #2322 of 989810/7/12 at 10:45pm
I have such small feet. 7.5UK for my Westbournes.
I tried the Drummond in navy at Barneys and it fit as an 8.5US the same as my Westbourne. Didn't buy, because the broguing's off color just didn't work for me. Had it been the same blue, I would have been in.post #2323 of 989810/8/12 at 3:41amQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
The shoes and boots in the factory shop are arranged so that, for example, a boot marked 10 destined for the American market is on the rack with the UK 9.5 models. The half-size down seemed to be right when I tried on a couple of models marked as a US 10 for my UK 9.5 feet...
And to back up this categorisation by C&J, all of my UK sized C&J 8 cordovans have an 8.5 stamped on the insole. I have always taken this to be the US size.
I do think though C&J are at odds with other Northampton manufacturers, Church's recommend a full size up from the UK size to get the US size.post #2324 of 989810/8/12 at 4:06ampost #2325 of 989810/8/12 at 4:18am
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › GAY? 6 minutes ago
- › BNWT Naked & Famous Weird Guy Size 30 Green 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...