or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 155

post #2311 of 6695
Robert Old is great, I definitely recommend them. I recently inquired about a pair of Westbournes, they said they would reserve me a pair in their next order due for November 1 delivery from C&J. They emailed me a week later and said that stock arrived earlier than anticipated, product was shipped same day and arrived 4 days later, not sure of the carrier offhand but no duties were charged.
post #2312 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHunter View Post

a 9.5US in a pair of westbourne (348 last) bought from Barneys would be the same size at 8.5uk on northcotes (also 348 last), correct? It seems like barneys sizes up by one, but it seems like I save a ton of money buying from christopher forbes instead of direct from the US store and returns are much harder if the size isn't right. I know the westbournes fit well, so I just need to figure out what size they're equivalent to.

 

All is correct US sizes are up 1. C&J are correctly sized to correspond to -1 of US size.
post #2313 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

All is correct US sizes are up 1. C&J are correctly sized to correspond to -1 of US size.

I would disagree. I own two pairs of Westbournes. One purchased from C&J directly sized 7.5UK, and one purchased from barneys size US8. The shoes are exactly the same, and so from my experience, C&J only sizes down 1/2.
post #2314 of 6695

I think sizing is last dependent to a degree. From my own experience with the Westbourne, the UK size is 1/2 down from the US size.

post #2315 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by billionaireboy View Post

I would disagree. I own two pairs of Westbournes. One purchased from C&J directly sized 7.5UK, and one purchased from barneys size US8. The shoes are exactly the same, and so from my experience, C&J only sizes down 1/2.


You have small feet. I have large ones, agree to disagree. I have over 200 pairs.

post #2316 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

All is correct US sizes are up 1. C&J are correctly sized to correspond to -1 of US size.

Sorry but you are wrong. Crockett & Jones customer service informed me a couple of years ago that shoes marked with a US size are 1/2 size more than if the shoes were marked with a UK size. C&J specifically stated that a UK 11.5E is a US 12D.
post #2317 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

All is correct US sizes are up 1. C&J are correctly sized to correspond to -1 of US size.

My experience with C&J's puts me in Sartorial's camp on this one.

I am TTS US9.5D. I have various C&J's on various lasts, some calf and some shell, some tie and some monks, and I wear UK8.5E in them all. And the US-sized C&J's from BB I own are US9.5D.
post #2318 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgreen View Post

Sorry but you are wrong. Crockett & Jones customer service informed me a couple of years ago that shoes marked with a US size are 1/2 size more than if the shoes were marked with a UK size. C&J specifically stated that a UK 11.5E is a US 12D.

and did you buy the shoe to confirm?
post #2319 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgreen View Post


Sorry but you are wrong. Crockett & Jones customer service informed me a couple of years ago that shoes marked with a US size are 1/2 size more than if the shoes were marked with a UK size. C&J specifically stated that a UK 11.5E is a US 12D.

 

The shoes and boots in the factory shop are arranged so that, for example, a boot marked 10 destined for the American market is on the rack with the UK 9.5 models. The half-size down seemed to be right when I tried on a couple of models marked as a US 10 for my UK 9.5 feet...

post #2320 of 6695

My RJ C&Js marked US10D fit my UK9.5 feet and are marked as UK9.5.

post #2321 of 6695
How do so many SF-ers have such small feet??
post #2322 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap10046 View Post

How do so many SF-ers have such small feet??

I have such small feet. 7.5UK for my Westbournes.

I tried the Drummond in navy at Barneys and it fit as an 8.5US the same as my Westbourne. Didn't buy, because the broguing's off color just didn't work for me. Had it been the same blue, I would have been in.
post #2323 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBrummie View Post

 

The shoes and boots in the factory shop are arranged so that, for example, a boot marked 10 destined for the American market is on the rack with the UK 9.5 models. The half-size down seemed to be right when I tried on a couple of models marked as a US 10 for my UK 9.5 feet...

 

And to back up this categorisation by C&J, all of my UK sized C&J 8 cordovans have an 8.5 stamped on the insole. I have always taken this to be the US size.
 
I do think though C&J are at odds with other Northampton manufacturers, Church's recommend a full size up from the UK size to get the US size.

post #2324 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap10046 View Post

How do so many SF-ers have such small feet??

with a few notable exceptions (IE: Namor, Sartorial, etc), men with smaller feet have better taste.teacha.gif
post #2325 of 6695
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap10046 View Post

How do so many SF-ers have such small feet??

with a few notable exceptions (IE: Namor, Sartorial, etc), men with smaller feet have better taste.teacha.gif

+1 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **