or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 154

post #2296 of 7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap10046 View Post

Just bought 2 pairs of Tetburys from Plal. They still have considerable stock available. For how much longer?...I don't know.
But they are great to deal with and fast on shipping!

Agree. I bought from P.Lal as well.stock is vanishig, but they still have some nice shoes & boots left.
post #2297 of 7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

Agree. I bought from P.Lal as well.stock is vanishig, but they still have some nice shoes & boots left.

I've bought two pairs from Plal in the last year. Always had a good experience. Basically nothing left in my size .......
post #2298 of 7445

Is it cheaper to order directly from C&J UK than to buy them in store in NYC? Would they even ship here knowing that the store is here? News that Daniel Craig is wearing Tetbury's in Skyfall has jonesing for a pair but $595 + tax in the store is more than I'm in for right now.

post #2299 of 7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMarce21 View Post

Is it cheaper to order directly from C&J UK than to buy them in store in NYC? Would they even ship here knowing that the store is here? News that Daniel Craig is wearing Tetbury's in Skyfall has jonesing for a pair but $595 + tax in the store is more than I'm in for right now.

Based on my experience a year ago, yes to both questions.
post #2300 of 7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post


Based on my experience a year ago, yes to both questions.

splendid! by how much are we talking?

post #2301 of 7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMarce21 View Post

splendid! by how much are we talking?

I'm interested in going this route so would appreciate others' feedbacks. Based from what I've seen, looks like the price for the Tetbury would be 275 GBP + shipping.

 

Also, which color is more versatile? Black or brown? I want to wear the Tetbury with jeans also

post #2302 of 7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMarce21 View Post

splendid! by how much are we talking?

I just bought two pairs of C&J Tetbury boots from Chistopher Forbes for about $395 (241 GBP) each + shipping. Also bought a Northcote for around $465 (305 GBP). Also, P.Lal has the Tetbury (limited selection) for the same price.
post #2303 of 7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post

I'm interested in going this route so would appreciate others' feedbacks. Based from what I've seen, looks like the price for the Tetbury would be 275 GBP + shipping.

Also, which color is more versatile? Black or brown? I want to wear the Tetbury with jeans also

Brown is more versatile. I have one in Black suede as well, but it is more special and less versatile. I love it.
post #2304 of 7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post


I just bought two pairs of C&J Tetbury boots from Chistopher Forbes for about $395 (241 GBP) each + shipping. Also bought a Northcote for around $465 (305 GBP). Also, P.Lal has the Tetbury (limited selection) for the same price.

Is the stock on Christopher Forbes website reliable? Plal pricing on the Tetbury seems to be on the more expensive side. 1299 MYR + 115 MYR shipping 

post #2305 of 7445
you have to generally add 30GBP to Satorial_Splender's price for shipping to the states.. all in all, PLAL is definitely cheaper
post #2306 of 7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post

Is the stock on Christopher Forbes website reliable? Plal pricing on the Tetbury seems to be on the more expensive side. 1299 MYR + 115 MYR shipping 

Chirstopher Forbes will get you one in less than a week if they do not have your size. I used them for 12E and received them in less than 10 days. They are reliable. email Alastair Ramsden at alastair.ramsden@googlemail.com; He is a joy to work with and very reliable.

P.Lal is more expensive, but they have few in stock. If they have your size, it is faster.
Edited by Saratorial_Splender - 10/7/12 at 6:05pm
post #2307 of 7445

Thanks guys for the quick replies. I'm trying to get a hands on the Tetbury before the 007 craze takes over in a month :)

post #2308 of 7445

i just got some brown calf tetburys from robert old! :) I'll likely need the black and the suede... soon...

post #2309 of 7445

a 9.5US in a pair of westbourne (348 last) bought from Barneys would be the same size at 8.5uk on northcotes (also 348 last), correct? It seems like barneys sizes up by one, but it seems like I save a ton of money buying from christopher forbes instead of direct from the US store and returns are much harder if the size isn't right. I know the westbournes fit well, so I just need to figure out what size they're equivalent to.
 


Edited by JackHunter - 10/7/12 at 7:11pm
post #2310 of 7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMarce21 View Post

i just got some brown calf tetburys from robert old! :) I'll likely need the black and the suede... soon...

How's robert old? I haven't ordered from them before. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **