Agree. I bought from P.Lal as well.stock is vanishig, but they still have some nice shoes & boots left.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 154post #2296 of 987210/6/12 at 10:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2297 of 987210/6/12 at 11:14pmpost #2298 of 987210/7/12 at 1:04pmpost #2299 of 987210/7/12 at 1:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by JBMarce21
Is it cheaper to order directly from C&J UK than to buy them in store in NYC? Would they even ship here knowing that the store is here? News that Daniel Craig is wearing Tetbury's in Skyfall has jonesing for a pair but $595 + tax in the store is more than I'm in for right now.
Based on my experience a year ago, yes to both questions.post #2300 of 987210/7/12 at 3:00pmpost #2301 of 987210/7/12 at 4:56pm
I'm interested in going this route so would appreciate others' feedbacks. Based from what I've seen, looks like the price for the Tetbury would be 275 GBP + shipping.
Also, which color is more versatile? Black or brown? I want to wear the Tetbury with jeans alsopost #2302 of 987210/7/12 at 5:00pm
I just bought two pairs of C&J Tetbury boots from Chistopher Forbes for about $395 (241 GBP) each + shipping. Also bought a Northcote for around $465 (305 GBP). Also, P.Lal has the Tetbury (limited selection) for the same price.post #2303 of 987210/7/12 at 5:02pmQuote:
Brown is more versatile. I have one in Black suede as well, but it is more special and less versatile. I love it.post #2304 of 987210/7/12 at 5:12pmQuote:
Is the stock on Christopher Forbes website reliable? Plal pricing on the Tetbury seems to be on the more expensive side. 1299 MYR + 115 MYR shippingpost #2305 of 987210/7/12 at 5:13pmpost #2306 of 987210/7/12 at 5:15pmQuote:
Chirstopher Forbes will get you one in less than a week if they do not have your size. I used them for 12E and received them in less than 10 days. They are reliable. email Alastair Ramsden at firstname.lastname@example.org; He is a joy to work with and very reliable.
P.Lal is more expensive, but they have few in stock. If they have your size, it is faster.
Edited by Saratorial_Splender - 10/7/12 at 6:05pmpost #2307 of 987210/7/12 at 5:25pmpost #2308 of 987210/7/12 at 5:35pmpost #2309 of 987210/7/12 at 7:00pm
a 9.5US in a pair of westbourne (348 last) bought from Barneys would be the same size at 8.5uk on northcotes (also 348 last), correct? It seems like barneys sizes up by one, but it seems like I save a ton of money buying from christopher forbes instead of direct from the US store and returns are much harder if the size isn't right. I know the westbournes fit well, so I just need to figure out what size they're equivalent to.
Edited by JackHunter - 10/7/12 at 7:11pmpost #2310 of 987210/7/12 at 7:02pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › GATS German army trainers (Original, New/Unissued/Unworn) All... 18 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 28 seconds ago
- › Alden Color 8 Burgundy Shell Cordovan Shortwing Balmoral Brooks... 30 seconds ago
- › GATS GERMAN ARMY TRAINERS NEW / ALL SIZES 1 minute ago
- › German Army trainers - GATS/ NEW / ALL SIZES / Wordwide Shipping 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › German Army Trainers Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...