or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 147

post #2191 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

Nice boots. By the way, how can you fit C&J 12E and also Santoni Euro 12 1/2F? There is a full size and a half difference (plus a 1/4) in the 2.

The CJ 348 last runs large unless you have a particularly wide foot. I take 1/2 down in the 348 from all my other UK sized shoes.
post #2192 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

The CJ 348 last runs large unless you have a particularly wide foot. I take 1/2 down in the 348 from all my other UK sized shoes.

That is correct. It is the only English shoe maker that I can wear in 12E (very close to US 13). Other 12E like EG and Lobb are too small, they are equal to a US 12.5. C&J is the only true 1 to 1 conversion 12 to 13 and so on (no half sizes).
post #2193 of 6686
I have recently bought 2 pairs of C&J in an attempt to up my shoe game: one pair of mink suede drummonds (348 last) and a pair of cottesmore (341 last)

The drummond are size 7.5 and fit perfectly, though I've decided that I'm not a huge fan of the long pointy toe (makes me look like a witch)
The cottesmore are size 8 and are just a little loose/wide, though I'm thinking this may be a function of the fact that they are boots and laceless rather than an incompatible last

Im currently looking for a pair of black captoes and maybe a pair of brown/chestnut/tan brogues to round out the selection.

Any suggestions?

Are there any models on a last that will fit like 348, but with a less exaggerated pointy toe?
Or would something similar to the 341 fit me better if it had laces



Edit: I have tried the Connaught on 236. The size 8 fit fairly well, but I thought they were very bulbous and ugly
Edited by skeen7908 - 9/28/12 at 7:49pm
post #2194 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

I have recently bought 2 pairs of C&J in an attempt to up my shoe game: one pair of mink suede drummonds (348 last) and a pair of cottesmore (341 last)
The drummond are size 7.5 and fit perfectly, though I've decided that I'm not a huge fan of the long pointy toe (makes me look like a witch)
The cottesmore are size 8 and are just a little loose/wide, though I'm thinking this may be a function of the fact that they are boots and laceless rather than an incompatible last
Im currently looking for a pair of black captoes and maybe a pair of brown/chestnut/tan brogues to round out the selection.
Any suggestions?
Are there any models on a last that will fit like 348, but with a less exaggerated pointy toe?
Or would something similar to the 341 fit me better if it had laces
Edit: I have tried the Connaught on 236. The size 8 fit fairly well, but I thought they were very bulbous and ugly

Try the Islay on last 365, Millbank on last 348, or the Coinston on last 325. They all have less "pointy nose" as you put it, but fit very close to the Northcote or Tetbury on last 348.

The Northcote and Tetbury are more pointy, but that is why I like them since I am a tall man in size UK 12E.
post #2195 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

That is correct. It is the only English shoe maker that I can wear in 12E (very close to US 13). Other 12E like EG and Lobb are too small, they are equal to a US 12.5. C&J is the only true 1 to 1 conversion 12 to 13 and so on (no half sizes).

But the Santoni Euro models run huge. They go up a minimum of 1.5 sizes. 12.5F is a roomy 14.
post #2196 of 6686
I found Santoni Shoes (goodyear line) to be half a size bigger than usual UK size.
1.5 Size seems to much or are you comparing them to us sizing?
post #2197 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

But the Santoni Euro models run huge. They go up a minimum of 1.5 sizes. 12.5F is a roomy 14.

Again, Santoni in US is marked for US sizes. I wear US 13 which is very close to UK 12-12.5.
post #2198 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

I found Santoni Shoes (goodyear line) to be half a size bigger than usual UK size.
1.5 Size seems to much or are you comparing them to us sizing?

I agree. The difference is 1/2 size which for me is perfect since I have a high instep and that extra 1/2 size makes all the difference. I normally do not worry about sizes and try to wear to fit. Different brands and lasts fit differently.
post #2199 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

I found Santoni Shoes (goodyear line) to be half a size bigger than usual UK size.
1.5 Size seems to much or are you comparing them to us sizing?

The "F" sized Santoni shoes are much larger than the US sized models. I have no experience with the Goodyear models, but all 12 pairs of "F" sized Santoni's I have handles are 1.5- 2 sizes up to US size. Not trying to be a wise-ass, just trying to research the sizing. Santoni Ltd Ed is my favorite RTW modern shoe.

Those 1998 Ltd Ed must be some exception to their regular sizing.
post #2200 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

But the Santoni Euro models run huge. They go up a minimum of 1.5 sizes. 12.5F is a roomy 14.

I agree. My Santoni double monks are marked 9.5, and they fit me fine.
My Tetbury's are an 11!
post #2201 of 6686
The new models are up on the website now, I haven't bothered to compare the website to the 2012 - 2013 catalogue, but I suspect that all the new models are on the website. I think the Skye 2 is the most interesting addition, I've already put aside the cash for a pair. http://crockettandjones.com/Product/Skye-2-DarkBrown-Cordovan
post #2202 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

The "F" sized Santoni shoes are much larger than the US sized models. I have no experience with the Goodyear models, but all 12 pairs of "F" sized Santoni's I have handles are 1.5- 2 sizes up to US size. Not trying to be a wise-ass, just trying to research the sizing. Santoni Ltd Ed is my favorite RTW modern shoe.
Those 1998 Ltd Ed must be some exception to their regular sizing.

I have all their LE shoes up to 2009 and they all are normal US sizes.
post #2203 of 6686

Guys, I just went to to NYC C&J store this afternoon and fell in love with their shoes. Their 348 last fits my feet perfectly, better than AE. The prices are a little too rich for my blood though so I've been researching for ways to get them cheaper. From what I've read, ordering oversea seems to be the way to go (Bodiley, PLAL, Pediwear) Is this correct? How about ordering seconds? I have relatives in UK who can order them for me. Thanks in advance.

post #2204 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post


The "F" sized Santoni shoes are much larger than the US sized models. I have no experience with the Goodyear models, but all 12 pairs of "F" sized Santoni's I have handles are 1.5- 2 sizes up to US size. Not trying to be a wise-ass, just trying to research the sizing. Santoni Ltd Ed is my favorite RTW modern shoe.
Those 1998 Ltd Ed must be some exception to their regular sizing.

 

yes, i would agree.  my experience with santoni FAMs in UK, F widths have also led me to size down 1.5 from my US size (i.e. US 11D = UK 9.5F) . . .

post #2205 of 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by heterophilous View Post

yes, i would agree.  my experience with santoni FAMs in UK, F widths have also led me to size down 1.5 from my US size (i.e. US 11D = UK 9.5F) . . .

There is no such a thing as an F size in the US market. Santonis are labeld according to US size standards and specifically the Limited Edition shoes are true to size. They are however about 1/2 a size larger than their regular line sold at many retailers in the US like Nordstrom. Santoni LE was a licsensed product in the US and the Manhattan NY (Madisn Ave.) store closed in Sep 2010. I acquired all their remaining size 13 and they are true to size. They are attemptting to come back to the market and buy their license from the current agent so they can conrtrol their stock and distribution better.

I am not sure why there will be such size discripancy within EU countries using what should be the same standards within minimal discripancy (Italian and English). Again, buy what fits your feet. Don't worry about what others wear and not wear. You all are making a big deal out of nothing. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **