here's mine - about 8 months old.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 4/11/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 9:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 144
Styleforum Top Picks
Does anybody have experience with the 325 last as well as with the 236 last? How do the compare with each other? Many thanks.
How would the C&J Cottesmores fit? They would be a pretty big stretch price-wise, but them's some nice boots.
As to general advice on the shoes: I'm no spring chicken, but not using a walker yet; I don't work in a highfalutin office, but I try to dress decently, and finally, since I have large-ish feet, would the Cottesmores look odd on me (I'm 6'1"and not as trim as I once was, but not totally gross either)?
I've looked at all kinds of shoes and boots on line, but I just keep coming back to the C & J website.
I bought a beautiful pair of Merton loafers this weekend while in Jermyn Street, London.
They are on the 348 last and in a gorgeous Beechnut colour.
When I went to pay I was told they are subs but with no sign of damage so I was chuffed to get the extra 10% off.
But when I got them home I found this mark on the heel.
Now I'm not so chuffed and am expecting to take a trip there again this weekend to exchange them for an unmarked pair.
This isn't a small journey for me, but I'm sure will be worth the effort once I get my unmarked pair home.
What a shop and what a beautiful shopping experience it is whenever I visit there.
I have no problem buying Subs so long as they are priced accordingly. Usually the reasons why shoes are marked subs are for small cosmetic blemishes similar to the mark on your shoes. Buying subs are a great way of sampling different lasts and styles without breaking the bank.
However did you only get 10% off the full price or were they already discounted and you got an additional 10% mark down?
If it's the latter I'd keep them but if the only discount you got was 10% of 320GBP I'd probably return.
I would expect to get more than 10% off a pair of Subs.
I would say rare for these to be found at discount. You occassionally see Subs on UK eBay sellers Salsalocut and Sausages234 lists but obviously sizes would be very limited. The above is the C&J regular Scotch grain version but it can also be gotten from James Purdery in a smooth leather version. Don't know if James Purdey ever discount their C&J makeups but it might be worth your while bookmarking their website.
BTW that picture is from Why you mad? blog http://why-youmad.com/. Some good stuff on that blog but I do wish the chap who runs could ease off on the smokes. You'll get what I mean if you visit it.
Do you mean the #8 / burgundy one? I've never seen a dark brown.
I have a pair and they are awesome. Great shell. Model is essentially the same I believe as the Coniston, pictured a few posts up.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 11 minutes ago
- › GRAY JACKETS? .. . PERFECT! . . IT'LL MATCH MY HAIR! .............. 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 24 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 25 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 39 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 50 minutes ago
- › WANTED: Billy Reid Helmet Bag 52 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 53 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan