here's mine - about 8 months old.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 11:54 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 144post #2146 of 98799/18/12 at 3:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2147 of 98799/18/12 at 8:28pmpost #2148 of 98799/18/12 at 8:44pmpost #2149 of 98799/18/12 at 10:51pmGood morning!Forgive for my English :-)Who can will prompt.Length ногb 26.6 cm, the maximum width 9.5 see.Thus the foot very thin, but sharply extends around a little finger.Is Crockett in 341 last and width Е.As a result the size 7 long wore in, everything is smart, but the little finger on the former presses and long to go or even to sit not comfortably. When were new very hard put on.the size 7.5 didn't wear in, but few times dressed. While sit well, but on Ghana (it seems that a little more and will fall down in a heel) and the little finger all the same draws in. Such impression that after разноски will be slightly big, and here to a little finger will be not comfortable.It would not be desirable to be mistaken once again. Can take completeness of F? Or last another? What? Or to take in suede?By the way, about suede. There are such pairs of shoes. It seems also are positioned equally and the description too, but the price strongly differs. It is interesting, why?http://www.shoes.shoppingsection.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=002&Category_Code=post #2150 of 98799/19/12 at 1:08ampost #2151 of 98799/19/12 at 1:10ampost #2152 of 98799/19/12 at 3:10ampost #2153 of 98799/19/12 at 9:28amI'd like to buy the "Cavendish" tassel loafer on the 325 last. I was wondering about the fit. I own a pair of CJs on the 236 last, which I really like. I also own a pair on the 341 last, which is much less comfortable in the toe area, as I have rather wide feet.
Does anybody have experience with the 325 last as well as with the 236 last? How do the compare with each other? Many thanks.post #2154 of 98799/19/12 at 9:44ampost #2155 of 98799/19/12 at 9:54ampost #2156 of 98799/19/12 at 8:22pmHelp! I'm still pretty new to quality English footwear, and I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a pair of C& J Cottesmores. I've always been partial to boots ( the Beatles did it to me in my formative years), but in brown hues. My best fitting English shoes are a pair of size 11 Tricker's Epsoms (6038 last - 6 fitting). Those feel pretty good, and I wore them for 8 hours my first wearing with no blisters or pain, but I had to fit them with a double thickness foam pad under the tongue to compensate for pretty major heel slippage. I wear a US size 12, usually in a "D" width.
How would the C&J Cottesmores fit? They would be a pretty big stretch price-wise, but them's some nice boots.
As to general advice on the shoes: I'm no spring chicken, but not using a walker yet; I don't work in a highfalutin office, but I try to dress decently, and finally, since I have large-ish feet, would the Cottesmores look odd on me (I'm 6'1"and not as trim as I once was, but not totally gross either)?
I've looked at all kinds of shoes and boots on line, but I just keep coming back to the C & J website.post #2157 of 98799/20/12 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by powenb
I bought a beautiful pair of Merton loafers this weekend while in Jermyn Street, London.
They are on the 348 last and in a gorgeous Beechnut colour.
When I went to pay I was told they are subs but with no sign of damage so I was chuffed to get the extra 10% off.
But when I got them home I found this mark on the heel.
Now I'm not so chuffed and am expecting to take a trip there again this weekend to exchange them for an unmarked pair.
This isn't a small journey for me, but I'm sure will be worth the effort once I get my unmarked pair home.
What a shop and what a beautiful shopping experience it is whenever I visit there.
I have no problem buying Subs so long as they are priced accordingly. Usually the reasons why shoes are marked subs are for small cosmetic blemishes similar to the mark on your shoes. Buying subs are a great way of sampling different lasts and styles without breaking the bank.
However did you only get 10% off the full price or were they already discounted and you got an additional 10% mark down?
If it's the latter I'd keep them but if the only discount you got was 10% of 320GBP I'd probably return.
I would expect to get more than 10% off a pair of Subs.post #2158 of 98799/20/12 at 3:42amQuote:
I would say rare for these to be found at discount. You occassionally see Subs on UK eBay sellers Salsalocut and Sausages234 lists but obviously sizes would be very limited. The above is the C&J regular Scotch grain version but it can also be gotten from James Purdery in a smooth leather version. Don't know if James Purdey ever discount their C&J makeups but it might be worth your while bookmarking their website.
BTW that picture is from Why you mad? blog http://why-youmad.com/. Some good stuff on that blog but I do wish the chap who runs could ease off on the smokes. You'll get what I mean if you visit it.post #2159 of 98799/24/12 at 12:41pmpost #2160 of 98799/24/12 at 1:07pmQuote:
Do you mean the #8 / burgundy one? I've never seen a dark brown.
I have a pair and they are awesome. Great shell. Model is essentially the same I believe as the Coniston, pictured a few posts up.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Chelsea boots, black calf size 9.5 UK 1 minute ago
- › Help Needed to Properly Describe a Corneliani Overcoat 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Enzo Bonafe Wingtip Adelaides, Manolo x Skoaktiebolaget UK 9.5 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...