or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 135

post #2011 of 8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2007 View Post


This is great advice, thank you.
Any specific leather condition I should use? What about other wax than C&J so I dont have to order it and wait?

Lexol and Saphir Renovateur are both good conditioners.

 

I only know C&J wax because it's what I have always used, but i'm sure there are plenty of decent waxes around. Cream polish (Saphir Pommadier, par example) is another option; it is quick and easy to achieve a soft polish, but you won't get the shine of a wax.

post #2012 of 8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

I am looking for a Crockett & Jones Northcote boots in brown size UK12 or US 13. Anyone has one for sale or knows where I can get one. Will consider gently worn pair as well.
Thanks,

Check w/ Christopher Forbes. I've purchased C&J shoes from them, the shoes were in stock and ready to ship, and it was easy peasy - Alastair was the SA w/ whom I corresponded. VAT deducted if outside UK and Euro land.
post #2013 of 8084

Shell cordovan lovers might be interested in one of the new season's models - the 'Skye 2' brogue boot in dark brown shell with a studded Dainite sole, retailing at £595. The 'Wicklow' boot (an apron-fronted derby boot) looks good, too. They're due in the shops in the next few weeks...

post #2014 of 8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBrummie View Post

Shell cordovan lovers might be interested in one of the new season's models - the 'Skye 2' brogue boot in dark brown shell with a studded Dainite sole, retailing at £595. The 'Wicklow' boot (an apron-fronted derby boot) looks good, too. They're due in the shops in the next few weeks...

Any pics of the Skye 2? sounds like it would be the Lindrick's twin from the description
post #2015 of 8084
...
post #2016 of 8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachoo View Post


Any pics of the Skye 2? sounds like it would be the Lindrick's twin from the description

 

I don't, I'm afraid. Saw it in the new catalogue yesterday in the local Crockett shop when I dropped in for a coffee. To all intents and purposes, it's exactly the same as the Skye model (same detailing and I think same last), bar the sole, that's been around for some time.

 

The Wicklow model looks to have a natural-coloured welt, which I don't think I've seen C&J do before.

post #2017 of 8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBrummie View Post

I don't, I'm afraid. Saw it in the new catalogue yesterday in the local Crockett shop when I dropped in for a coffee. To all intents and purposes, it's exactly the same as the Skye model (same detailing and I think same last), bar the sole, that's been around for some time.

The Wicklow model looks to have a natural-coloured welt, which I don't think I've seen C&J do before.

Skye picture from the C&J site: http://www.crockettandjones.com/Product/Skye-Chestnut

post #2018 of 8084

Sorry, this is what the 'normal' Skye boots look like:

 

post #2019 of 8084
How well have they held up? The chestnut colour is lovely. Too good for heavy use.

I'm after an Oxford chestnut brogue, really. I don't fit their 341 last (e.g. Westfield) or the 202 last (e.g. Edward Green Malvern).

You know, saved up, money in my pocket and no quality maker sells something that fits!

Criteria:

- Brogue (wingtip)
- Chestnut/oxblood/burgundy/cherry
- round toe
- traditional last
post #2020 of 8084

Hello, can you C&J experts give me a bit of sizing advice?

 

I'm a 8.5 in Loake shoes on the capital last (UK sizes, F fitting). I'm thinking of buying a pair of the fantastic C&J Westbourne (348 last, E fitting). I've been recommended to go a half-size down to 8. Is anyone around my shoe size (even better if you wear Loake) doing this? I know individual variance in foot size might make online advice unreliable, but I can't try them on locally. If other people are sizing down for this shoe then I can feel safe of avoiding the international returns headache.

 

Thanks.

post #2021 of 8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance View Post

How well have they held up? The chestnut colour is lovely. Too good for heavy use.
I'm after an Oxford chestnut brogue, really. I don't fit their 341 last (e.g. Westfield) or the 202 last (e.g. Edward Green Malvern).
You know, saved up, money in my pocket and no quality maker sells something that fits!
Criteria:
- Brogue (wingtip)
- Chestnut/oxblood/burgundy/cherry
- round toe
- traditional last

 

They're only a few months old but I 'commute' to work on foot (a six-mile round trip) and they're part of my Mon-Thurs loose rotation along with the Islay, Coniston and a few pairs of Tricker's brogues. I wouldn't buy anything that couldn't withstand relatively 'heavy' use, apart from a few pairs of dress shoes that are worn very sparingly throughout the year. For Fridays and weekends, it'll tend to be a pair of older, sturdier Tricker's or a pair of veldtschoen boots as I'm not convinced that many of C&J's boots look as good with denim.

 

The only other shoe I can think of that might fit the bill for you is Cheaney's Hythe model although it's more brown than chestnut:

 

post #2022 of 8084

I have the last 348 in UK10E and it fit very firmly on the side, should I size up to 10.5E for 337 and 341? I tried on 10.5F, but it was too wide (sorry I only have a limited selction of shoes I can try on)

 

Thanks in advance.

post #2023 of 8084
Any thoughts on what model this is:

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp/dept/men/tskay/3FD17CD7/cod10/44438191DP/sts/sr_men80

I'm surprised to see a full-strap from C&J.
post #2024 of 8084

Looks like a full strap version of the Merton to me. FWIW, the Marlow penny loafer, although on a different last, is also full strap.

post #2025 of 8084

My first pair of good quality dress shoes (sorry for the laces showing)! Fits like a glove ;) First polish took a while but I'm pretty pleased with the result. 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **