Interesting. What color cream/polish did you use In caring for them? I find your pair darkened quite dramatically. Or maybe mine lightened over the course of 5 years...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- C&J- dark brown Audley or chestnut Belgrave? Last post on 9/11/12 at 4:26pm in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 108
Styleforum Top Picks
The darkening was somewhat deliberate. I used the Saphir Brown. Not the light brown or mid brown but the darker brown--not sure it has a name.
Chogall, STOP!!!! My apologies. I looked at the wrong picture when replying. For the Selborne's I use the Saphir Mahogany. Sorry for the confusion - my bad. I have so many shoes I cannot remember the model names.
Here is my shoeshine program - this will let you know how I got the colour.
First, I wear my shoes no more than twice a month.
I polish each pair before each wearing.
Polish routine is as follows:
Hard Brush with a slight amount of distilled water - water dispensed from Japanese solvent dispenser.
Apply light coat of polish with round horsehide dauber.
Hard Brush (Similar to above in both cases using a horsehair brush reserved for that color)
Polish clothe - hard polish with soft polish clothe.
Apply additional coat of polish to toe caps and heel counters - I apply this coat with my fingers and really rub it in.
Let the polish dry
After polish is dry, take a section of a T-shirt and wrap it around two fingers and polish in circles. I use spots of water on the clothe from the solvent dispenser. I polish unti I get a high glassly gloss on the toe cap and heel counter.
I hope this helps and makes up fro my earlier confusion.
That's exactly what I bought at one of the Paris stores two weeks ago.
I was spending plenty on the vacation, so couldn't quite justify a pair of shoes on top of it (and the prices seemed higher than the UK, although I could be mistaken).
This is so crazy, actually i'm in Paris right now! Were was this store? Maybe I could check it out.
I agree, and after wearing the shoes a few more times I have come to believe that there is slightly too much room at the vamp. To make things worse, I have rather high arches which causes the shoes to crease and bulge at the "waist" (is that the correct term?) as well. Is there any way to decrease the girth of the vamp, apart from adding an insole? Like, say, shrinking the shoes?
I'm afraid on a pair of RTW shoes there aren't many options.
I'm sure you are doing this already to mitigate the creasing, ensure you use a well fitting pair of shoe trees whenever you are not wearing them.
The following styles are going 40% off.
As always contact me at the store to reserve your size or any questions.
or my barneys email address Rtischler@barneys.com, please leave a way to for me to contact you - email/phone/text and I will respond with in 24 hours.
I'm posting via my smart phone so hopefully the images show up, if not. I am sure you guys will let me know! Always fun helping you guys out!
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Need help with Kahki Suit 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20140307: DocHolliday's White Shirt Blues 11 minutes ago
- › leather jacket -- difference in quality... 12 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw