Interesting. What color cream/polish did you use In caring for them? I find your pair darkened quite dramatically. Or maybe mine lightened over the course of 5 years...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 8/31/14 at 11:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 4:51 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 108
Styleforum Top Picks
The darkening was somewhat deliberate. I used the Saphir Brown. Not the light brown or mid brown but the darker brown--not sure it has a name.
Chogall, STOP!!!! My apologies. I looked at the wrong picture when replying. For the Selborne's I use the Saphir Mahogany. Sorry for the confusion - my bad. I have so many shoes I cannot remember the model names.
Here is my shoeshine program - this will let you know how I got the colour.
First, I wear my shoes no more than twice a month.
I polish each pair before each wearing.
Polish routine is as follows:
Hard Brush with a slight amount of distilled water - water dispensed from Japanese solvent dispenser.
Apply light coat of polish with round horsehide dauber.
Hard Brush (Similar to above in both cases using a horsehair brush reserved for that color)
Polish clothe - hard polish with soft polish clothe.
Apply additional coat of polish to toe caps and heel counters - I apply this coat with my fingers and really rub it in.
Let the polish dry
After polish is dry, take a section of a T-shirt and wrap it around two fingers and polish in circles. I use spots of water on the clothe from the solvent dispenser. I polish unti I get a high glassly gloss on the toe cap and heel counter.
I hope this helps and makes up fro my earlier confusion.
That's exactly what I bought at one of the Paris stores two weeks ago.
I was spending plenty on the vacation, so couldn't quite justify a pair of shoes on top of it (and the prices seemed higher than the UK, although I could be mistaken).
This is so crazy, actually i'm in Paris right now! Were was this store? Maybe I could check it out.
I agree, and after wearing the shoes a few more times I have come to believe that there is slightly too much room at the vamp. To make things worse, I have rather high arches which causes the shoes to crease and bulge at the "waist" (is that the correct term?) as well. Is there any way to decrease the girth of the vamp, apart from adding an insole? Like, say, shrinking the shoes?
I'm afraid on a pair of RTW shoes there aren't many options.
I'm sure you are doing this already to mitigate the creasing, ensure you use a well fitting pair of shoe trees whenever you are not wearing them.
The following styles are going 40% off.
As always contact me at the store to reserve your size or any questions.
or my barneys email address Rtischler@barneys.com, please leave a way to for me to contact you - email/phone/text and I will respond with in 24 hours.
I'm posting via my smart phone so hopefully the images show up, if not. I am sure you guys will let me know! Always fun helping you guys out!
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 44 seconds ago
- › Momotaro x Blue in Green 0705BIG 29/30 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 9 minutes ago
- › Levi's Made & Crafted Leather Varsity Bomber Jacket - Navy/Sand 14 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 14 minutes ago
- › Houndstooth suit 16 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 19 minutes ago
- › You Won't Believe The One Trick This Man Used to Get a ToJ 19 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)