or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 108

post #1606 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post


I don't remember when I purchased them - I would like to say 3 years old, but I am unsure.


Interesting.  What color cream/polish did you use In caring for them?  I find your pair darkened quite dramatically.  Or maybe mine lightened over the course of 5 years...

post #1607 of 7799

Crockett and Jones for Peal and Co.:

 

1696037

post #1608 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Interesting.  What color cream/polish did you use In caring for them?  I find your pair darkened quite dramatically.  Or maybe mine lightened over the course of 5 years...

The darkening was somewhat deliberate. I used the Saphir Brown. Not the light brown or mid brown but the darker brown--not sure it has a name.
post #1609 of 7799

thumbs-up.gif

post #1610 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post


The darkening was somewhat deliberate. I used the Saphir Brown. Not the light brown or mid brown but the darker brown--not sure it has a name.

 

Gotcha.  They look beautiful by the way.  :)

post #1611 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Gotcha.  They look beautiful by the way.  smile.gif

Chogall, STOP!!!! My apologies. I looked at the wrong picture when replying. For the Selborne's I use the Saphir Mahogany. Sorry for the confusion - my bad. I have so many shoes I cannot remember the model names.

Here is my shoeshine program - this will let you know how I got the colour.

First, I wear my shoes no more than twice a month.
I polish each pair before each wearing.
Polish routine is as follows:

Hard Brush with a slight amount of distilled water - water dispensed from Japanese solvent dispenser.
Apply light coat of polish with round horsehide dauber.
Hard Brush (Similar to above in both cases using a horsehair brush reserved for that color)
Polish clothe - hard polish with soft polish clothe.
Apply additional coat of polish to toe caps and heel counters - I apply this coat with my fingers and really rub it in.
Let the polish dry
After polish is dry, take a section of a T-shirt and wrap it around two fingers and polish in circles. I use spots of water on the clothe from the solvent dispenser. I polish unti I get a high glassly gloss on the toe cap and heel counter.

I hope this helps and makes up fro my earlier confusion.
post #1612 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

And of course I must buy something little for myself...
350x263px-LL-11bb0f94_bild.jpeg

That's exactly what I bought at one of the Paris stores two weeks ago.

I was spending plenty on the vacation, so couldn't quite justify a pair of shoes on top of it (and the prices seemed higher than the UK, although I could be mistaken).
post #1613 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Essex View Post


That's exactly what I bought at one of the Paris stores two weeks ago.
I was spending plenty on the vacation, so couldn't quite justify a pair of shoes on top of it (and the prices seemed higher than the UK, although I could be mistaken).

 

This is so crazy, actually i'm in Paris right now! Were was this store? Maybe I could check it out.

post #1614 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirling View Post

^ Fit should take precedence over style imo.
I agree, and after wearing the shoes a few more times I have come to believe that there is slightly too much room at the vamp. To make things worse, I have rather high arches which causes the shoes to crease and bulge at the "waist" (is that the correct term?) as well. Is there any way to decrease the girth of the vamp, apart from adding an insole? Like, say, shrinking the shoes?
post #1615 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by riesenschnauser View Post


I agree, and after wearing the shoes a few more times I have come to believe that there is slightly too much room at the vamp. To make things worse, I have rather high arches which causes the shoes to crease and bulge at the "waist" (is that the correct term?) as well. Is there any way to decrease the girth of the vamp, apart from adding an insole? Like, say, shrinking the shoes?

 

I'm afraid on a pair of RTW shoes there aren't many options.

 

I'm sure you are doing this already to mitigate the creasing, ensure you use a well fitting pair of shoe trees whenever you are not wearing them. 

post #1616 of 7799
Alrighty, I can't believe its that time of year again folks! But, I have my C+J mark downs....

The following styles are going 40% off.


https://picasaweb.google.com/106271057632007245927/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6ErNnC47mqbQ#5743632807762135938


https://picasaweb.google.com/106271057632007245927/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6ErNnC47mqbQ#5743632991477522354

https://picasaweb.google.com/106271057632007245927/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6ErNnC47mqbQ#5743633288441193906

As always contact me at the store to reserve your size or any questions.

602.337.6155

or my barneys email address Rtischler@barneys.com, please leave a way to for me to contact you - email/phone/text and I will respond with in 24 hours.

I'm posting via my smart phone so hopefully the images show up, if not. I am sure you guys will let me know! Always fun helping you guys out!

Thanks, Ryan
post #1617 of 7799
Westfields in dark brown calf

7ca849e7-387e-3838.jpg
post #1618 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

This is so crazy, actually i'm in Paris right now! Were was this store? Maybe I could check it out.

The address is 14 Rue Chaveau-Lagarde - the closest Metro station is Madeleine. It's a bit tricky to find, on a side street. Make sure you have a map.
post #1619 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Essex View Post


The address is 14 Rue Chaveau-Lagarde - the closest Metro station is Madeleine. It's a bit tricky to find, on a side street. Make sure you have a map.

Thanks alot! Have my iPhone so there wont be any problem tongue.gif

post #1620 of 7799

 

Here's some plain toe shoes I polished yesterday (the tips already had a shine when I did them last night):

 

 

C&J Monkton (Click to show)

IMG_3936.JPG?gl=AUIMG_3945.JPG?gl=AU

 

 

 

 

C&J Weymouth (Click to show)

IMG_3939.JPG?gl=AUIMG_3940.JPG?gl=AUIMG_3941.JPG?gl=AU

 

 

Also some wingtips:

 

 

C&J Guildford (Click to show)

IMG_3932.JPG?gl=AUIMG_3933.JPG?gl=AU

 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **