or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 653

post #9781 of 13203

Some love and littel care today.

 

.

post #9782 of 13203
Nice collection zapasman

CJ for black fleece chunky monkeys
These were a great deal at 349 and free shoprunner shipping
I got them in navy suede as well

post #9783 of 13203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemo79 View Post
 

.... Edgeware is a style by Crockett and Jones... Not a brand..?

 

They haven't doubled in price.

 

They certainly haven't, although they're pushing themselves out of good value range for me.  I think the only English maker that's come close to doubling is G&G, but as a new maker I imagine that's aligned with a strategy of operating at an early loss to build a footprint, and then leverage brand equity to boost prices later on.

post #9784 of 13203
Quote:
Originally Posted by adebisi View Post


Seems to be the Galway boots. In cordovan.

Hmm really? That doesn't look like cordovan to me. It looks like scotch grain calf or something? Like the leather looks too wrinkled near the vamp to be cordovan rolls. Am I wrong there?

 

Is the Galway a C&J model also? Or are you referring to an EG Galway?

post #9785 of 13203
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post

Hmm really? That doesn't look like cordovan to me. It looks like scotch grain calf or something? Like the leather looks too wrinkled near the vamp to be cordovan rolls. Am I wrong there?

Is the Galway a C&J model also? Or are you referring to an EG Galway?
I'm talking about the original one WHICH is in cordovan.
This is indeed not the case for this pair.
post #9786 of 13203
Quote:
Originally Posted by adebisi View Post


I'm talking about the original one WHICH is in cordovan.
This is indeed not the case for this pair.

Ah thanks, that makes sense. I'm relatively new in my understanding of quality shoe/leather so it is still a learning process in identifying things. I think this new boot is going to be really awesome :)

post #9787 of 13203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMC View Post
 

Yes, I have confirmed that it is indeed the new Galway model which will be available around Sept/Oct. Perhaps this will fill the gap left by the discontinuation of the RL Gianni. Thanks.

FYI, I'm not sure if you're on it or not, but there is a GMTO for a C&J boot that is basically the RL Gianni going on currently. Just wanted to throw that out there, as I know they are looking to fill the last few spots.

post #9788 of 13203
Focused PSA.

Mr Start (in store in London, UK), which I am strangely on the mailing list for is selling Conistons in brown and black for GBP 215 and GBP 210, respectively.

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/RdKY9MNcZ9wn7xStBr9N4apvJNk-xm4QONmSwWFuSvIGf7u7iUO2yXJBZow0A-eK4pJ_52E07aTbxplnTmIheK2iQpx3f1heM1STjUZY7gocUdFdzno=s0-d-e1-ft#https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/mrstart/SUITED+AND+BOOTED.jpg
post #9789 of 13203
Quote:
Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post


Yes thanks I do know that they are Cleverley and expected that they are by CJ as I have other Cleverleys which certainly are - but what I am saying is having got them in the flesh I am not sure that they are actually by CJ.
 

 

Ahh ok - is the insole embossed with a size and width number (4/5/6) below it (in the arch area)? that might be another clue.

 

Cleverley doesn't like disclosing who makes its rtw shoes (as several past threads might attest), so I imagine it'll be hard to find out by emailing them

post #9790 of 13203
No, I can't see the numbers there inside - that's one reason I didn't think they seemed like CJ made as seems to be the usual case for rtw Cleverleys.
post #9791 of 13203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post

Focused PSA.

Mr Start (in store in London, UK), which I am strangely on the mailing list for is selling Conistons in brown and black for GBP 215 and GBP 210, respectively.

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/RdKY9MNcZ9wn7xStBr9N4apvJNk-xm4QONmSwWFuSvIGf7u7iUO2yXJBZow0A-eK4pJ_52E07aTbxplnTmIheK2iQpx3f1heM1STjUZY7gocUdFdzno=s0-d-e1-ft#https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/mrstart/SUITED+AND+BOOTED.jpg

I missed this sale by a week. I was staying just up the street from this shop too. Well, if anyone in London would like to proxy me a pair (7.5E, tan colour), please PM me. I've been wanting to replace a pair of 7E that were too small.
post #9792 of 13203
Quote:
Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post

No, I can't see the numbers there inside - that's one reason I didn't think they seemed like CJ made as seems to be the usual case for rtw Cleverleys.

 

in that case based on the details/last shape etc my guess would be Alfred Sargent, perhaps some version of the AS Cambridge http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/alfred-sargent-country-collection-price-asc/products/alfred-sargent-country-cambridge

 

AS also does windows in the lining, but typically has more info in them than the "11E" on the kingsman boot

post #9793 of 13203
Quote:
Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post



Got my Mr Porter Kingsman boots, love them but not sure that they are CJ?
I never had Conistons etc but they fit firmer than any CJ 11E I ever had in fact I usually take 10.5 UK in CJ so lucky I went for 11
Anyone who knows their Conistons etc will probably be able to clarify but I never saw a CJ with size in a window a la EG?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post

in that case based on the details/last shape etc my guess would be Alfred Sargent, perhaps some version of the AS Cambridge http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/alfred-sargent-country-collection-price-asc/products/alfred-sargent-country-cambridge

AS also does windows in the lining, but typically has more info in them than the "11E" on the kingsman boot

+1

Never seen a C&J shoes with a size window.
Considering that the black Kingsman oxfords are AS and identical to AS exclusive in every details, these boots are almost certainly AS, a modified cambridge/ culford boot (the stitching pattern of the facings are identical and different from Coniston)
post #9794 of 13203

Today just a damped cloth and some brushing.  Love the thickness, the softness and the creasing of this leather.  Develops a beautiful natural patina over the years.

 

post #9795 of 13203
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)