I think it would be a brave man that bought a 348 without trying it on and seeing it on your foot first. 348 can look very elongated and pointed depending on your foot size and the model of shoe. People say it's the 337 equivalent, I own a lot of 337's and the 348 is similar I'll admit but it looks much more pointed in the flesh.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/20/17 at 10:45pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 648post #9707 of 132036/30/15 at 11:07am
Data for Sizing C&J 348 Last (especially for Barney’s customers)
With hopes that this will help folks in the thread for future reference (especially when buying from Barneys). These are heel to toe measurements. Certainly, folks buying from Barneys are welcome to take measurements before returning them (because you know the sizing is going to be off). Manufacturing allowances should be made for slight variance between measured sizes.
308 mm (12 1/8 inches 8UK Hallam purchsed from UK)
From @wes bourne
308 mm (12 1/8 inches 8UK purchased from UK C&J Westbourne)
12.5 inches heel to toe for UK purchased 348s for 9UK.
From Fred G. Unn
12 3/8 inches heel to toe for UK purchased 348s for 9UK
From @Churchill W
C&J Drummond UK 8.5E bought from Burlington Arcade store in London:
Length: 12 7/16" or 316mm
Width: 4 3/16" or 107mm
Insole marking: 8.5/5
Others from Fred:
If you're collating data, here are some measurements from shoes I've previously owned but have now sold (most to people here). I no longer have them so I can't double check measurements, but this is what I put in the listings [note not 348s].
Malton - Barney's version, US10D, 12 1/2" x 4 3/8"
Clifford - Barney's version, US10D, 12 3/8" x 4 1/4"
Winchester - C&J for Shipton & Heneage, UK9, 12 1/8" x 4 1/4"
Coniston - BB Black Fleece version, US10D, 12 3/8" x 4 1/4"
Dainite soles might increase the size of sole measurement. E.g. from @ Zippyh
A size 10US measures 12.75 inches. They're suede George style boots.
A size 10.5US measures 12.875 inches. They're suede Tetburys.
Both are on dainite soles. They also both fit pretty much the same.
Mine which are Barneys sold 9D (presumably US) are 12.25 inch heel to toe. Marked 9/4 in the footbed.
On internal footbed markings, there’s a slight difference in opinion.
Some (most) think that it is the uk size and width, so 9/4 is US 10/narrow (C?); 9/5 would be US 10D.
Others think that it is marked for the market. I will update as needed if more data comes in.
Edited by TweedyProf - 7/1/15 at 11:21ampost #9708 of 132036/30/15 at 9:35pmpost #9709 of 132037/1/15 at 4:26amQuote:
I was considering it in black as a winter work office shoe, give me a memory jog as will be in their shop in mid July and I'll see them in the flesh - photos can be quite deceptive for the better or worse.post #9710 of 132037/1/15 at 9:24ampost #9711 of 132037/1/15 at 11:05ampost #9712 of 132037/1/15 at 11:12ampost #9713 of 132037/1/15 at 11:14amQuote:Made in the U.S., so no.
Probably Allen Edmonds.post #9714 of 132037/1/15 at 11:14ampost #9715 of 132037/1/15 at 11:18ampost #9716 of 132037/1/15 at 11:21ampost #9717 of 132037/1/15 at 11:29amQuote:
that's the AE randolph with foxing on the heel. AE for RL are much better finished that AE's regular line imo.post #9718 of 132037/1/15 at 11:46ampost #9719 of 132037/1/15 at 11:50ampost #9720 of 132037/2/15 at 4:05pm
Anyone knows whether C&J at Barneys offer sizes in UK or US format?
Which last is it? Do they run small or big typically?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II just now
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 16 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 19 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 20 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 37 minutes ago
- › Frank Clegg Briefcases 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...