or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 640

post #9586 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post

I'd be kopping those severns if I ever-so-slightly needed another suede boot!

Me too! I even had them in my cart at one point. I really don't need another suede boot though, and Barney's sizing can be so erratic. (Although unlike Barney's Warehouse, these aren't final sale.)

Free shipping and free return made me throw the dice on the 10us hoping they're actually 9.5uk.

I don't *need* them either but I left need in the rear view mirror a long time ago.
post #9587 of 12786
great prices / slim pickings on whatever is left in Barneys. Only experience I have with CJ right now is my RL marlow wing tip in a US8 and aI tried on a pair of BB Algonquin Split-Toes in a US 8. Guessing both is 325 so guessing I would need a US 8
post #9588 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I don't *need* them either but I left need in the rear view mirror a long time ago.
LOL! I know what you mean. BTW, the last time I was in Paul Stuart they had their version of that boot on sale too. Not as cheap as Barney's but at least their sizing is standard.
post #9589 of 12786

Hello

Is there any difference between C&J and C&J (Barneys NY) shoes?
 

post #9590 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKong View Post

Hello


Is there any difference between C&J and C&J (Barneys NY) shoes?

 

No, but Barney's sizing conversions aren't consistent between different models of C&J, and are somewhat of a mystery. Same quality shoe though.
post #9591 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post


LOL! I know what you mean. BTW, the last time I was in Paul Stuart they had their version of that boot on sale too. Not as cheap as Barney's but at least their sizing is standard.

 

Are Paul Stuart's C&J in US or UK sizing?

post #9592 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCarraway View Post

Are Paul Stuart's C&J in US or UK sizing?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the UK size is printed inside the shoe for the Paul Stuart C&Js. For Barney's it is definitely the US size.
post #9593 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

For Barney's it is definitely the US size.
or a half size difference...or the actual UK size...
post #9594 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKong View Post

Hello


Is there any difference between C&J and C&J (Barneys NY) shoes?

 

No, but Barney's sizing conversions aren't consistent between different models of C&J, and are somewhat of a mystery. Same quality shoe though.

In my experience, sizing at Barney's is a complete crapshoot.
post #9595 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljimberino View Post
 

My first foray in C&J. 

 

Millbank Chukka handgrade. 

 

Bad iphone photos:

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Where'd you find these?

post #9596 of 12786

Barney's Suede Cavendish in 10 & 10.5 popped up again (likely returns), $259.

post #9597 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

For Barney's it is definitely the US size.

I think there's debate on this.
post #9598 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post

I'd be kopping those severns if I ever-so-slightly needed another suede boot!

Me too! I even had them in my cart at one point. I really don't need another suede boot though, and Barney's sizing can be so erratic. (Although unlike Barney's Warehouse, these aren't final sale.)

Free shipping and free return made me throw the dice on the 10us hoping they're actually 9.5uk.

I don't *need* them either but I left need in the rear view mirror a long time ago.

ffffuuuu.gif
Funky ass Barney's Crockett & Jones sizing strikes again.
Received Severns in 10US 359 last.. They fit way tighter than some 348 size 10US I got previous sale season.
(Which in turn felt about the same as some 348 size 10.5US I got a couple years ago.)
post #9599 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post



For Barney's it is definitely the US size.

 



Yup, similar to my experience; I wear 9 in my OK sized C&J boots, just bought a Barneys C&J 10 which fits well.
post #9600 of 12786
PSA: The navy Severns are on sale on Paul Stuart's site now. They had brown suede and calf on sale too last time I was in the store. (I think the store price was sub-$400, but I can't remember exactly)
https://www.paulstuart.com/men-s/sale-1/shoes/suede-cap-toe-boot.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)