or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 633

post #9481 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post


No handgrade in FS in general - but given there are lots if GMTO going on you may be lucky.

I once saw a few pairs of skye in shell cordovan as well, shame that they were not my size

On that note, that could be the difference between FS and london shop sale then. I definitely saw handgrade on sale in their store in CW (10% only though)

May i know what is GMTO?
Sounds like they don't have many sizes in FS
Guess it will be better to just shop the london sale then :/

post #9482 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKong View Post
 

May i know what is GMTO?
Sounds like they don't have many sizes in FS
Guess it will be better to just shop the london sale then :/


Group Made To Order

Its basically a Made to Order (MTO) with a group in order to get a discount compared to doing an individual MTO

post #9483 of 12842

The London sale in January was actually pretty good - the HG's I looked at were I think £350 including VAT, so given the VAT rebate and FX of the time about $450.  And I'm a UK8 or 8.5 depending on last so not just the odd sizes.

post #9484 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKong View Post

May i know what is GMTO?

Sounds like they don't have many sizes in FS

Guess it will be better to just shop the london sale then :/
Picture taken a while back, best to visit Northampton on a Friday. Most of the factories are open on Friday
post #9485 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post


Picture taken a while back, best to visit Northampton on a Friday. Most of the factories are open on Friday

Wow, i did not know they actually do white monks shoes 

post #9486 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post
 

The London sale in January was actually pretty good - the HG's I looked at were I think £350 including VAT, so given the VAT rebate and FX of the time about $450.  And I'm a UK8 or 8.5 depending on last so not just the odd sizes.

Yea, The most eye catching handgrade shoes which were on sale last time were Audley and Lonsdale.. They were seconds though

post #9487 of 12842
The factory shop at Northampton is only open Friday afternoon from 2pm until 5.30pm and on a Saturday Morning from 9.30am to 12.00.
post #9488 of 12842

Unlined Whiskey Harvard, possibly my favorite shoe all time....
post #9489 of 12842
Can anyone identify the last of the below shoe? I've done my homework, but I have not been able to figure it out on my own.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Double-Monk-Strap/FH00031,default,pd.html







Thanks,
post #9490 of 12842

Was going to look this up for you and cross-reference against the C&J site, as these are similar to a pair that @Cleav has, but for some reason C&J is turning up on the UAE list of blocked websites.  From memory, however, that looks like the 341, and C&J's own version is similar but in golf grain rather than regular calf and doesn't have the exposed heel counters.  Nice shoes for $350.

post #9491 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

Can anyone identify the last of the below shoe? I've done my homework, but I have not been able to figure it out on my own.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Double-Monk-Strap/FH00031,default,pd.html

Thanks,

Look like the classic 325 last shape (and toe), used also by other BF models

These are the monks on 341

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Double-Monk-Strap-Shoes/MH00231,default,pd.html
post #9492 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

Look like the classic 325 last shape (and toe), used also by other BF models

These are the monks on 341

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Double-Monk-Strap-Shoes/MH00231,default,pd.html

I agree with you that it looks like 325 based on shape and toe. Any way to confirm with the pictures/numbers I provided?
post #9493 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

I agree with you that it looks like 325 based on shape and toe. Any way to confirm with the pictures/numbers I provided?
Only asking C&J, those numbers are similar to the writing on RL Marlows etc shoes with no last number clearly written.
post #9494 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

Only asking C&J, those numbers are similar to the writing on RL Marlows etc shoes with no last number clearly written.

Thanks. I'll stop by the NY store in the next few weeks. The semi-annual sale should be coming up soon, I'll try to time it with that event.
post #9495 of 12842
Hi

Just curious. How much should a pair of Coniston subs go for? They're slightly used but I'm not even sure how much a "new" pair of subs would be.


Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)