Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:33 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:32 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/21/17 at 6:21pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 617post #9242 of 138024/15/15 at 5:37pmpost #9243 of 138024/15/15 at 8:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonRaphael
I need some fitting advice, gentlemen. I wear size UK7,5E in 348 (Westbourne/Hallam) and 337 (Belgrave) lasts. I'm thinking of picking up a pair of loafers on the 314 last (Boston). Should I size down 1/2 a size to ensure a snug fit? My Westbourn/Hallam fit snugly in size UK7,5. Thanks.
some info about your foot shapew ould help us guess better :)
ime the 314 last already accounts for the fact that its a loafer and should fit snugger, and sizing down would make them too small. But again - more info about about your foot shape would be useful I think
Also i've found my worst sizing mistakes have come from buying loafers without trying them on...post #9244 of 138024/15/15 at 11:28pmpost #9245 of 138024/16/15 at 11:55ampost #9246 of 138024/16/15 at 12:25pmpost #9247 of 138024/16/15 at 2:36pmDoes anybody own this boot (which I understand is made exclusively for Farfetch):
If yes, which last is it made on, and what is the suede color? Thanks.post #9248 of 138024/17/15 at 5:47amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
Does anybody own this boot (which I understand is made exclusively for Farfetch):
If yes, which last is it made on, and what is the suede color? Thanks.
I know nothing of that boot, however I do own a boot by Ron Rider in a similar shade that is, hands down, the single most versatile casual shoe I own. I only mention it because I suspect you'd get the same range of use out of the CJs.post #9249 of 138024/17/15 at 7:15ampost #9250 of 138024/17/15 at 10:52ampost #9251 of 138024/17/15 at 2:04pmpost #9252 of 138024/17/15 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by KPDarb
Does anyone know if these boots are made by C&J? They look like suede conistons but maybe on a different last.
Just catching up on this. I have had mine since the holidays, and I really like them. The suede is wonderful and soft. They are a bit narrow, and do lack some toe shape, but a wonderful boot all around. Not my best pic sorry. I did swap out the laces for some Alden flat waxed ones.post #9253 of 138024/17/15 at 8:44pm
Just got delivery of Harlechs after 2 months of waiting. I really like these boots and construction is rock solid. Fit is perfect as well. i will be getting the flush metal toe taps installed on these by B. Nelson in NYC.
I use Dasco Knightbridge shoe trees on most of the C&J shoes for which picture is shown here as well and they fit great on most of the lasts like 348/337/341/335/358.
Can anyone suggest me good options for summer loafers as i don't currently have any from C&J. thankspost #9254 of 138024/18/15 at 2:10am
End up on these at 50% off the current price list, but the classically rounded toe and comfy last get me into purchase .. Always pleasantly surprised how the Crockett Jones fit my feet better than any JL and EG last combined ..
Anyway, nothing much to see here, just a working horse pair of Oxfords for everyday use..
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #9255 of 138024/18/15 at 4:27amQuote:Originally Posted by DavidLane
Just catching up on this. I have had mine since the holidays, and I really like them. The suede is wonderful and soft. They are a bit narrow, and do lack some toe shape, but a wonderful boot all around. Not my best pic sorry. I did swap out the laces for some Alden flat waxed ones.
Thanks for this, David. I really wanted to see some real life pictures. Great looking boots.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 57 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 7 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...