I would keep them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 12:47 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 61
Styleforum Top Pickspost #902 of 110851/20/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
And how! My preference for long lasts and wingtip toe boxes has brought this to my attention most clearly. I can't take it when the first crease is anywhere into the wingtip - makes me very unhappy.post #903 of 110851/20/12 at 10:00pmpost #904 of 110851/21/12 at 12:32ampost #905 of 110851/21/12 at 12:54amQuote:
sure, would make me either. almost none of the people, who buy rtw have them individually fitted. probably because it seems that there are not too many places in the u.s., who are able to do it. working on the fit is a ongoing thing for me. it's essential imo. maybe, i'm to obsessed with it and am going to far, but i shake my head when peoplde do not understand why there shoes do not fit although it's totally obvious.
on the other hand some people here wear orthotics and i have seen pictures of them, oh well.post #906 of 110851/21/12 at 1:02amQuote:
congrats to the new wheels.
what does it mean? a low arch means flat feet for me, but there must be something else. thanks.post #907 of 110851/21/12 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Burton
I called the NYC store on Wed and my Drummonds arrived today. Fantastic shoe. Love the color and the look. I went with my same 341 last size (8.5) and they are working like a charm. They are longer but much of it is just cosmetic. They have quite the high instep--so if you don't have an arch, they are not for you. Thankful for me because low instep shoes are a pain in the foot.
Speaking on behalf of and to the low arch population, I have many pairs of 348/358 lasted shoes, and they are perfectly fine - don't be put off by the high brow high archers looking down at us!post #908 of 110851/21/12 at 6:09amQuote:Quote:
Thanks, Fritzl, I do mean flat footed --or low arch. Dandie, I am suprised they work as well for you--but that is really cool. In contrast, Aldens are made for low instep (I am guessing, flat-footed) Americans. It takes quite a bit more volume to fill up a C&J shoe. I like the high instep in the C&J, it makes for a very comfortable shoe for me.
In regard to fit, I think the 348 benchgrade last is not quite idetical to the 358 handgrade. The 358 appears just a skosh longer.post #909 of 110851/21/12 at 6:21ampost #910 of 110851/21/12 at 7:48am
In regard to fit, I think the 348 benchgrade last is not quite idetical to the 358 handgrade. The 358 appears just a skosh longer.
I just compared my 348 Lowndes and 358 Selbourne sole to sole, and if there is a difference, it is too small for me to see with the naked eye.
Safe to say you will be the same size in one as you are in the other, though I go down half a size if it is a derby (eg brunswick) compared to an oxford.post #911 of 110851/21/12 at 8:17amPosted this on quick questions but i should have put it here. Bought a pair of C&J Chelsea boots last Friday, they felt OK in the store but after wearing them a couple of days i have noticed a problem.
The left boot felt loose compared with the right, this was really odd to me as it's my left foot that is actually the bigger of the two so this side is usually a perfect fit. I had a look at them and placed two insoles which measure exactly the same into each boot and noticed there is a difference in size. The top area feels fine but around the heel it seems the left boot is longer, being chelsea boots this also throws off the fit of the shaft too. I tried an insole but it just makes the boot tight around my toe area and does little for the heal area. Do you think i have reason here for an exchange or repair if possible?
Would this be considered a manufacturing fault or do they have tolerance for this kind of issue? It doesn't feel right at all, wearing them now and its like two different boots although both are a 9E.post #912 of 110851/21/12 at 9:23ampost #913 of 110851/21/12 at 9:39ampost #914 of 110851/21/12 at 9:55am
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...