I would keep them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:43 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 61post #902 of 124051/20/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
And how! My preference for long lasts and wingtip toe boxes has brought this to my attention most clearly. I can't take it when the first crease is anywhere into the wingtip - makes me very unhappy.post #903 of 124051/20/12 at 10:00pmpost #904 of 124051/21/12 at 12:32ampost #905 of 124051/21/12 at 12:54amQuote:
sure, would make me either. almost none of the people, who buy rtw have them individually fitted. probably because it seems that there are not too many places in the u.s., who are able to do it. working on the fit is a ongoing thing for me. it's essential imo. maybe, i'm to obsessed with it and am going to far, but i shake my head when peoplde do not understand why there shoes do not fit although it's totally obvious.
on the other hand some people here wear orthotics and i have seen pictures of them, oh well.post #906 of 124051/21/12 at 1:02amQuote:
congrats to the new wheels.
what does it mean? a low arch means flat feet for me, but there must be something else. thanks.post #907 of 124051/21/12 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Burton
I called the NYC store on Wed and my Drummonds arrived today. Fantastic shoe. Love the color and the look. I went with my same 341 last size (8.5) and they are working like a charm. They are longer but much of it is just cosmetic. They have quite the high instep--so if you don't have an arch, they are not for you. Thankful for me because low instep shoes are a pain in the foot.
Speaking on behalf of and to the low arch population, I have many pairs of 348/358 lasted shoes, and they are perfectly fine - don't be put off by the high brow high archers looking down at us!post #908 of 124051/21/12 at 6:09amQuote:Quote:
Thanks, Fritzl, I do mean flat footed --or low arch. Dandie, I am suprised they work as well for you--but that is really cool. In contrast, Aldens are made for low instep (I am guessing, flat-footed) Americans. It takes quite a bit more volume to fill up a C&J shoe. I like the high instep in the C&J, it makes for a very comfortable shoe for me.
In regard to fit, I think the 348 benchgrade last is not quite idetical to the 358 handgrade. The 358 appears just a skosh longer.post #909 of 124051/21/12 at 6:21ampost #910 of 124051/21/12 at 7:48am
In regard to fit, I think the 348 benchgrade last is not quite idetical to the 358 handgrade. The 358 appears just a skosh longer.
I just compared my 348 Lowndes and 358 Selbourne sole to sole, and if there is a difference, it is too small for me to see with the naked eye.
Safe to say you will be the same size in one as you are in the other, though I go down half a size if it is a derby (eg brunswick) compared to an oxford.post #911 of 124051/21/12 at 8:17amPosted this on quick questions but i should have put it here. Bought a pair of C&J Chelsea boots last Friday, they felt OK in the store but after wearing them a couple of days i have noticed a problem.
The left boot felt loose compared with the right, this was really odd to me as it's my left foot that is actually the bigger of the two so this side is usually a perfect fit. I had a look at them and placed two insoles which measure exactly the same into each boot and noticed there is a difference in size. The top area feels fine but around the heel it seems the left boot is longer, being chelsea boots this also throws off the fit of the shaft too. I tried an insole but it just makes the boot tight around my toe area and does little for the heal area. Do you think i have reason here for an exchange or repair if possible?
Would this be considered a manufacturing fault or do they have tolerance for this kind of issue? It doesn't feel right at all, wearing them now and its like two different boots although both are a 9E.post #912 of 124051/21/12 at 9:23ampost #913 of 124051/21/12 at 9:39ampost #914 of 124051/21/12 at 9:55ampost #915 of 124051/21/12 at 10:02am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 46 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...