or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 593

post #8881 of 12763

^ ChukkasonHudson, if your interested in getting a Snowdon for next winter, check out the http://www.styleforum.net/t/362536/crockett-jones-mto-central/2280#post_7648020

post #8882 of 12763

Thanks. Even more jealous now that they have the Ridgeway sole. How have you found them to perform, compared to the typical Dainite studded sole, in bad weather (rain, snow, slush)?


Edited by ChukkasOnHudson - 2/23/15 at 2:14pm
post #8883 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChukkasOnHudson View Post
 

Thanks. Even more jealous now. How do you find the Ridgeway compared to the typical Dainite studded sole in bad weather (rain, snow, slush)?


My experience with the standard dainite is not good in the snow at all, in the rain its okay. The ridgeway on the other hand is ideal for the snow, slush and ice.

 

The only other sole that compares is the full commando or vibram, but they look terrible imo.

 

Ridgeway is the way to go.

 

DL-

post #8884 of 12763

Whoa David,

Someone should buy those Tetburys from you. Thats a good price, especially with a best offer option.

I'm afraid we are dead in the water with the Snowdon project. Only about 5 out of 12 people wanted to join though they would be amazing Winter boots. We also planned adding a toe cap as a cool touch. 

post #8885 of 12763
Commando also has a tendency to pick up gravel and shit in the heel, which ridgeway does not.
post #8886 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChukkasOnHudson View Post
 

Thanks. Even more jealous now. How do you find the Ridgeway compared to the typical Dainite studded sole in bad weather (rain, snow, slush)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLane View Post
 


My experience with the standard dainite is not good in the snow at all, in the rain its okay. The ridgeway on the other hand is ideal for the snow, slush and ice.

 

The only other sole that compares is the full commando or vibram, but they look terrible imo.

 

Ridgeway is the way to go.

 

DL-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post

Commando also has a tendency to pick up gravel and shit in the heel, which ridgeway does not.

 

 

+1

Ridgeway/Medway soles are great for snow and slush. Makes the shoe/boot look decidedly country/casual though.

How you walk in the snow/hardened ice matters a lot as well (as I found out after several falls in snowy minneapolis) - the key is to take shorter strides and keep your center of gravity slightly forward (probably obvious to most, but I thought I should mention that!)

post #8887 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

I'm afraid we are dead in the water with the Snowdon project. Only about 5 out of 12 people wanted to join though they would be amazing Winter boots. We also planned adding a toe cap as a cool touch. 

I haven't given up yet. If we don't have a list filled and submitted to the factory by summer's end, I plan on just placing a single MTO with Lauren for this and figure out the reasoning why they won't add the shearling collar. I'd like to think that after seeing how much of my money they have taken, that they would oblige that request :lol: 

post #8888 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Bullitt View Post

I haven't given up yet. If we don't have a list filled and submitted to the factory by summer's end, I plan on just placing a single MTO with Lauren for this and figure out the reasoning why they won't add the shearling collar. I'd like to think that after seeing how much of my money they have taken, that they would oblige that request lol8%5B1%5D.gif 

Good shout 68B, I'd grant that in a flash!
post #8889 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

Whoa David,

Someone should buy those Tetburys from you. Thats a good price, especially with a best offer option.
 

Lots of good deals on C&J in B&S right now...

post #8890 of 12763
SOMEBODY BUY THESE BEFORE I SPEND MY MONEY!!!

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/barneys-new-york/men/shoes/?prefn1=designer&pagetype=designer&prefv1=Crockett%20%26%20Jones

(In all seriousness, tempted to pull trigger on the monks - Harrogate, but trying to save money).
post #8891 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

SOMEBODY BUY THESE BEFORE I SPEND MY MONEY!!!

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/barneys-new-york/men/shoes/?prefn1=designer&pagetype=designer&prefv1=Crockett%20%26%20Jones

(In all seriousness, tempted to pull trigger on the monks - Harrogate, but trying to save money).


Do it! I would if I live in the US. You will not save 300 bucks for anything smarter, I'm sure!

post #8892 of 12763
I'm really trying to save money! But at that price, it's crazy tempting.
post #8893 of 12763
post #8894 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChukkasOnHudson View Post

Thanks. Even more jealous now. How do you find the Ridgeway compared to the typical Dainite studded sole in bad weather (rain, snow, slush)?

I am afraid I only like ridgeway, Medway or commando sole , I am not a great fan of the Dainite sole!
post #8895 of 12763
So I spoke with C&J NYC today. Their resoling service costs $210, has no tax and includes shipping back and forth to the UK. Boots will be resoled on the original lasts and you can choose any sole you want. Sounds great to me, so I think I'm going to get my new (to me) dark brown Harlechs Ridgewayed!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)