or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 584

post #8746 of 12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by atia2 View Post




New Somerville boots purchased last week, just before the end of the winter sale. Black calf with charcoal suede on the 363 last. The contrast works extremely well with darker, more understated trousers (I was just trying them on in this photo).

Beautiful .....................lurker[1].gif
post #8747 of 12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey guys,

Can somebody post the lasts that are best for a low instep?

I own the 348, which fits great, but wanted to know other low instep options for C&J.

Help is appreciated!

I have a very shallow foot and the 363 worked well for me recently (see the boot above). The Jermyn Street staff kindly added full leather insoles, which helped a lot.
post #8748 of 12796

One of the top speed hooks in my otherwise brand new Islays (3 wears) just came off while I was driving. It seems broken and I don't think it can be reattached.

 

Should I email C&J to see if they can send me a replacement? Or should I try and go to a local cobbler. It won't be identical I guess and I live in a small town where I'm pretty sure cobblers don't usually deal with 450 pound boots.

post #8749 of 12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey guys,

Can somebody post the lasts that are best for a low instep?

I own the 348, which fits great, but wanted to know other low instep options for C&J.

Help is appreciated!
 

 

The 360-handgrade last. Comes with full insoles standard. 

post #8750 of 12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

One of the top speed hooks in my otherwise brand new Islays (3 wears) just came off while I was driving. It seems broken and I don't think it can be reattached.

Should I email C&J to see if they can send me a replacement? Or should I try and go to a local cobbler. It won't be identical I guess and I live in a small town where I'm pretty sure cobblers don't usually deal with 450 pound boots.

If happened to mine Mickey I would ring or email Crockett and Jones to complete repair under warranty.
post #8751 of 12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfell View Post


If happened to mine Mickey I would ring or email Crockett and Jones to complete repair under warranty.

 

Thank you, I just used the contact form in their website.

 

These are the pictures I linked:

 

 

 

 

I'm a bit puzzled this happened to essentially brand new boots, especially at this price. I didn't feel I was wearing them too tightly laced or anything.

post #8752 of 12796
I own a pair of northcote since 2010 and the dainite sole on one of the shoe is damaged (on the toe, no idea what I kicked). Should I send back to CJ, no idea how much recrafting is, but upper is in good condition that I feel its a waste of money.

My other alternative is B. Nelson, though probably not that cheap either? Any of you guys would suggest some other rubber sole other than dainite?

My Nothcote has been my go to bad weather boots for years
post #8753 of 12796
Shoe Shine Shunday! (x post apols)

Stable for the week, Duchess dropped a pair in on the sly!

post #8754 of 12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

Thank you, I just used the contact form in their website.

These are the pictures I linked:








I'm a bit puzzled this happened to essentially brand new boots, especially at this price. I didn't feel I was wearing them too tightly laced or anything.

That happened to a pair of brand new AS; didn't even get to try them on; the top one just popped off. Get it warrantied.
post #8755 of 12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Shoe Shine Shunday! (x post apols)

Stable for the week, Duchess dropped a pair in on the sly!


Beat me Cleav, only five pairs today
post #8756 of 12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfell View Post

Beat me Cleav, only five pairs today

rotflmao.gif

But I only got the EG cloth there, you got a cleaning rug, No contest!

nice work Sky nod[1].gif
post #8757 of 12796
Thanks Cleav,

Life wouldn't be worth living if Mrs Sky caught me getting polish on carpet
nest.gif

mwink[1].gif
post #8758 of 12796
I get that!

Suppose the Duchess throws in a pair of her C & Js to give me license! Clever gal!
post #8759 of 12796
Gulp......There's only one thing for it,

I'll have to get Mrs Sky some boots!!thumbs-up.gif




mwink[1].gif
post #8760 of 12796

Recently, I received a couple of new pairs of C&J shoes:  341 Sydney 9.5E loafers in dark brown burnished calf (on left) and 348 Edgeware 10E oxfords in dark brown burnished calf (on right).  (@Cleav agreed, the dark brown burnished calf are great, mate.  Thanks for the earlier advice!) 

 

The new Sydney loafers will join my earlier ones in black calf, to form a mated pair.

 

The Edgeware oxfords are my alternative to MTO Westbourne in dark brown burnished calf.  However, I may end up getting both.  Hmm.

 

I sent a pair of Sydney loafers in snuff suede back for exchange for MTO Teign loafers in snuff suede, i.e. exactly the same as the stock model available from C&J France.  Alas, I tried unsuccessfully to source a pair via C&J UK.   So, I will be forced to go down the MTO route, if I can't source a pair directly from C&J France presently.  

 

@PCK1 again, thanks for recommending the sleeker Teign loafers to me, which I prefer over the more chunky Sydney loafers as my preferred C&J suede loafers.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)