Thanks nikola. I think I prefer the hand stitched toe on the alden version, and the ben silver price tag is kinda crazy. Decisions, decisions.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:26 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 564post #8446 of 1285412/23/14 at 5:57ampost #8447 of 1285412/23/14 at 6:56ampost #8448 of 1285412/23/14 at 7:14amQuote:Originally Posted by movoblast
Dude those look so badass. I really wish they had my size. I would wear those with thicker boot socks since they weren't meant to be worn with dainty/thin dress socks.
But if your gut is telling you that it is too big, it probably is.
Happens to me pretty often. I'm so infatuated by the shoe that I try to convince myself that I could make it work.Quote:
Thanks all. I was wearing them around the house this morning before leaving for work with thick socks and they fit fine albeit slightly large in the toe box. I love the boots.
I bet 12/11 would be too small, while the 12.5/11.5 would probably be a better fit however I don't recall Paul Stuart having this size. I'll give them a call to inquire, otherwise I'm sticking with these. Doubt I'd find 12.5/11.5 anywhere near the price I paid.
Separate question, mine are labeled 13E on the inside. C&J only goes up to UK 12 in the Islays so doubt these are UK 13, and iirc labels their UK shoes with an E but I thought labeled their Barney shoes with the US size and a D. So I would have guessed it to say "13D." Can anyone else confirm they have the US size with an "E" next to it?post #8449 of 1285412/23/14 at 7:16ampost #8450 of 1285412/23/14 at 10:18amJust got the C&J news letter. Looks like it's C&J Winter Sale time gents, time to email your local C&J store to see what they will have in your size.
http://www.crockettandjones.com/news/index/crockett-and-jones-retail-winter-salepost #8451 of 1285412/23/14 at 11:19amQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
Just got the C&J news letter. Looks like it's C&J Winter Sale time gents, time to email your local C&J store to see what they will have in your size.
As an fyi, here are some of the prices from last summer's sale:
Brunswick - wingtip derby in Black Calf (Last 358) - $675 (from $825)
Crawford - loafer in Black Calf (Last 363) - $585 (from $795 - sample)
Elvaston - slip on in Black Calf (Last 358) - $645 (from $800)
Lonsdale - cap toe oxford in Dark Brown Calf (Last 363) - $640 (from $795)
Mitchell - single monkstrap in Tobacco Suede (Last 363) - $585 (from $845 - sample)
Randolph - oxford in Black Calf (Last 358) - $660 (from $810)
Rosemoor - oxford in Black Calf (Last 358) - $670 (from $820)
Selbourne - cap toe oxford in Chestnut Antique Calf (Last 358) - $670 (from $820)
Tavistock - austere wingtip in Black Calf (Last 337) - $585 (from $820 - sample)
Arden - punch cap toe in Mahogany Burnished Calf (Last 341) - $475 (from $595)
Ashdown - plain derby in Burgundy Shell Cordovan (Last 341) - $695 (from $895)
Chelsea 5 - chelsea boot in Black Calf (Last 335) - $490 (from $640)
Dover 2 - oxford in Beige Calfskin (Last 348) - $490 (from $610)
Finsbury 2 - wingtip oxford in Dark Brown Shell Cordovan (Last 341) - $715 (from $915)
Grasmere - plain derby in Black Grain with Dainite rubber sole (Last 325) - $445 (from $600)
Hardwick - derby in White Nubuck with red crepe sole (Last 341) $415 (from $570)
Hartland - chukka boot is Charcoal Suede with single Dainite rubber sole (Last 359) - $390 (from $525)
Poole - loafer in Black Suede (Last 366) - $450 (from $570)
Sydney - loafer in Mahogany Calf (Last 341) - $475 (from $595)
Wimborne - plain derby ion Espresso Suede (Last 341) - $485 (from $605)post #8452 of 1285412/23/14 at 2:03pmpost #8453 of 1285412/23/14 at 2:27pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by MickeyPunch
Got the Islays from Robert Old, love them. I'm a true 41 according to most charts I've seen (my feet are exactly 26 centimeters long) although due to my feet being on the wide side sometimes I've had to size up to a 41.5 or 42. The size 7 in the Islays fit perfectly.
Mickey, well played. Love to see 'empost #8454 of 1285412/23/14 at 3:46pmpost #8455 of 1285412/23/14 at 4:32pmpost #8456 of 1285412/23/14 at 6:24pmQuote:
Thanks, just saw that. It says email us for further details, althought with duties and taxes plus shipping costs it will end up there with C&J price.
Recently I saw a pair of Lanvin shoes at Barneys for just 199, but with taxes and duties BUT free delivery still came at about 340.
I dont get it why ordering from Europe to ship to america the shoes come minus the VAT, but when I try to buy from America the price is even bigger than the retail, and no VAT is being reduced. :(post #8457 of 1285412/23/14 at 7:58pmQuote:
I've been out-of-touch with SF for the past couple of weeks and missed it too. Have been on the fence between the Purdey model's last and the traditional Islay but would have jumped on these and not looked back at that price.post #8458 of 1285412/24/14 at 5:09amThese came from James Purdey yesterday, they indeed seem to be on 325 last which fits me well.
They seem to have passed the first test because the box and paper was drenched in water or rain whichever it was, thes boots have gotten a little bit wet too. .
It probably happened during the transport. @CTBrummie seems to be impressed by nu-buck leather. Any recommendations on caring for these?post #8459 of 1285412/24/14 at 5:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Shouldaville
I picked up the Barney's Cardigan. Wasn't sure what I would think about it, but it is a great shoe (especially for $270!). With the Dainite, pebble grain and some Nano, it should be good for some light weather. My usual US 10D was fine on the 335, but a little on the roomy side if I was only using thin socks.
8.5 US Cardigan back in stock. Highly recommend...post #8460 of 1285412/24/14 at 6:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Shouldaville
8.5 US Cardigan back in stock. Highly recommend...
[head scratch] why is that called a Cardigan? Is it just a name that a marketeer labelled the shoe or is there actually a shoe type called "cardigan" that I've missed all these years; maybe for the mix of suede and leather?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › JOHN LOBB 11E Bordor (like EG Dovers) tried on once like new w bags... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › GEORGE Cleverley double monks in very good condition 8E box bags trees 12 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 15 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 16 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 17 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...