Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 12/31/16 at 9:37am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/13/17 at 1:54pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 557post #8342 of 1315112/17/14 at 6:30pmpost #8343 of 1315112/17/14 at 6:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
katch, if you see this chelsea boot there, can you peek in and see what's written on the inside?
I'm sort of guessing it's the Alfred Sargent Belgrave with an extra pull tab, but I'm just curious if there are any other clues in the inside markings or the sole.
GMPpost #8344 of 1315112/17/14 at 6:49pmpost #8345 of 1315112/17/14 at 6:53pmpost #8346 of 1315112/17/14 at 7:04pmpost #8347 of 1315112/17/14 at 7:13pmpost #8348 of 1315112/17/14 at 7:23pmpost #8349 of 1315112/17/14 at 9:40pmWell Von Franz, hoit1981, and others; thank you for the tips and advice as I have gone ahead and ordered the CJ Islays in 13/12!!! These will be my first Crockett & Jones shoes/boots, can't wait to try them on.
The EXPRESS14 discount works on the fed ex 1-3 days by crediting it $22. That shipping is $22+10 so not free shipping, but still saved some money there too. All in was like $460 since Illinois pays tax.
I really hope these fit well. As boots I'm more flexible using thicker socks if needed. Worst case I head into a Chicago store and return.
Signs were pointing to buy, including my wife buying pot pie for dinner today haha! Made In England. Not to mention looking at some more pictures of them in this thread and online. It was an easy decision haha now I have my Xmas gift.post #8350 of 1315112/17/14 at 9:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Von Franz
Any time, RTP, and thanks.
My rationale for thinking they're on the 325 has been two-fold.
1: The availability of a 325 Islay from Purdey and (unless I'm mistaken) Richard James suggests that it's an established private label option, better suited to a "modern" aesthetic like RJ's or Phineas Cole's (under whose name the boot's sold) than the more rustic 365 version.
2: Phineas Cole's stylist has, somewhat oddly, laced the boots in the photograph very loosely; this could be making the last look broader across the vamp and more banana-shaped than it may actually be. The toe looks a little less bulbous than the 365's, too, which could just be a function of the lacing config and its relative width. It occurs to me, too, that a storm welt can make any toe look wider, so I take that into account when judging.
To make a longish story short, I'm about 50% convinced that they are on the same last as my Purdeys, but wouldn't be too surprised if I were proven wrong.
You''d better get them, just to make sure.
[Edit: Okay, pretty sure you're right. The asymmetry of the wingtip detailing now has me thinking 365. Guess this proves that theory's no match for a good eye ]
I didn't mean to call you out/challenge you on the last. Just trying to figure out what I would be getting into if I bought these boots. The 325 is problematic for me, and since this is a sale item, they will not do refunds if the sizing is off. I do appreciate your time and help.
All the best...
RTPpost #8351 of 1315112/17/14 at 10:27pm
Oh, hey, no offense taken, RTP.
Sorry if I seemed defensive. I'm not sure why I didn't just edit that post down to the belief that they are, in fact, on the 365 last once I spotted the asymmetry, to be honest.
At any rate, I understand your concern, and it's a valid one. These types of things can be a real gamble if all the info's not pinned down.
On the bright side, should you decide to spring for them and find that the last isn't correct, you may find that the resale value on here or eBay is equal to or higher than what PS is charging now.
(BTW, that devil smiley looks awfully mean in hindsight. Meant it much more lightly, as in "devilish grin." Sorry 'bout that.)post #8352 of 1315112/17/14 at 10:40pmpost #8353 of 1315112/17/14 at 10:45pmpost #8354 of 1315112/18/14 at 1:03ampost #8355 of 1315112/18/14 at 1:56am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 25 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Ray-Ban Polarized Aviator Sunglasses $200 Retail 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...