So there's a chance they aren't C&J or is it basically a no brainer?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/20/16 at 7:38am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 556post #8327 of 1239412/17/14 at 8:34ampost #8328 of 1239412/17/14 at 8:49amQuote:
The hard part to fit for me, was the toe box.
I'm a 10.5 D US size. I wear 10 UK in the C&J 325 & 365 lasts.post #8329 of 1239412/17/14 at 11:53ampost #8330 of 1239412/17/14 at 12:03pmpost #8331 of 1239412/17/14 at 12:14pmpost #8332 of 1239412/17/14 at 1:40pmpost #8333 of 1239412/17/14 at 4:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
katch, if you see this chelsea boot there, can you peek in and see what's written on the inside?
I'm sort of guessing it's the Alfred Sargent Belgrave with an extra pull tab, but I'm just curious if there are any other clues in the inside markings or the sole.
Went to see the Islay today, did not see the belgrave. The Islay is a great boot. Nice and chunky for casual wear. I just pickdd up the BB Peal cordovan boot at a massive discount and I cant justify the islay purchase.....yetpost #8334 of 1239412/17/14 at 4:52pmQuote:
Oh well on the Belgrave, but the PS boot is definitely the C&J Islay right?post #8335 of 1239412/17/14 at 5:31pmpost #8336 of 1239412/17/14 at 5:43pmpost #8337 of 1239412/17/14 at 5:48pmpost #8338 of 1239412/17/14 at 5:50pmpost #8339 of 1239412/17/14 at 5:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
It doesn't look like the 325 last. The pics on the PS website look much more like the shape of the Islays on the C&J website (365). I called PS and the SA would not confirm who makes them. He did say that it could be C&J but it wasn't the store's policy to divulge the maker.
Damn you Von Franz! Why did you have to post this sale... not sure I need a wingtip boot, but not sure I can say no to this deal. It may lead to even more C&J!
In all seriousness, thanks for sharing the link! All the best to ya VF!
Any time, RTP, and thanks.
My rationale for thinking they're on the 325 has been two-fold.
1: The availability of a 325 Islay from Purdey and (unless I'm mistaken) Richard James suggests that it's an established private label option, better suited to a "modern" aesthetic like RJ's or Phineas Cole's (under whose name the boot's sold) than the more rustic 365 version.
2: Phineas Cole's stylist has, somewhat oddly, laced the boots in the photograph very loosely; this could be making the last look broader across the vamp and more banana-shaped than it may actually be. The toe looks a little less bulbous than the 365's, too, which could just be a function of the lacing config and its relative width. It occurs to me, too, that a storm welt can make any toe look wider, so I take that into account when judging.
To make a longish story short, I'm about 50% convinced that they are on the same last as my Purdeys, but wouldn't be too surprised if I were proven wrong.
You''d better get them, just to make sure.
[Edit: Okay, pretty sure you're right. The asymmetry of the wingtip detailing now has me thinking 365. Guess this proves that theory's no match for a good eye ]
Edited by Von Franz - 12/17/14 at 6:17pmpost #8340 of 1239412/17/14 at 5:59pmQuote:
Can you guys clarify the fit of these a bit further? I am usually a U.S. 10 C or 10 1/2 B. Could these boots possibly fit in the UK 9? Mainly it would be a matter of the boots being long enough and the heel being tight enough. I have high arches so can fill the mid-sole space with an insert.
For reference, here are examples of shoes that fit me:
Cheaney 9.5D UK A3485 last
Alden 598 10.5 AA/B modified last
Alden 905 10 A/C Hampton last
Grenson Masterpiece / Stuart's Choice wingtips 10.5C US 8005 last (not sure why these fit - no other 10.5C fit me)
The *only* boots I have that fit are a pair of Cheaney chukkas in 9.5D UK on the 5291 last
I have been looking for a more substantial pair of boots, but haven't been able to find much that will fit.
Edited by apack - 12/17/14 at 6:19pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1521 Active Users (350 Members and 1171 Guests)
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Vass R Last Scotch Grain Size 45 Used 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 10 minutes ago
- › [ WTB ] Alden LWB 10.5 E or EEE 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...