The first sentence = My experience has been hit and miss, and nothing if not frustrating.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:16 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 548post #8206 of 1358011/26/14 at 6:53pmpost #8207 of 1358011/27/14 at 4:36ampost #8208 of 1358011/27/14 at 12:14pmHappy Thanksgiving to those in the US! I'm a longtime reader but first time poster. I'm planning on buying the Lowndes in dark brown burnished calf. I know my size as I was able to try it on in NYC. I have a couple questions:
1) I see they're $585 from skyvalet. Is that a good price during the holiday season, or do you expect them to go lower?
2) I'm sure some of you have ordered from sky valet--has your experience been a good one with them?
3) what do you love most about C & J?
Thanks everyone!post #8209 of 1358011/27/14 at 12:18pmCould you please identify the manufacturer and last for these BB shoes?
Thankspost #8210 of 1358011/28/14 at 8:59am
Looking for some help purchasing my second pair of C&J shoes. I recently purchased the Hallam (brown) on the 348 last in UK 11 and besides some dead air in the toe box they are the best fitting shoes I own.I am now looking to replace my current black cap toe and would like a slightly less aggressive last for a staple black cap toe. Could you gentlemen please enlighten me on the differences between the 348 and 337 last (Audley). Does the slightly less elongated toe on the 337 warrant sizing down 1/2 size if the 348 has 1.25 inches of dead air in the toe box? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am unable to try the shoes on in person.post #8211 of 1358011/29/14 at 2:24amI stumbled across the BB shell cordovan cap toe boot (burgundy) at the BB on 20th and Broadway last night (few blocks south of the Flatiron building). It is 50% off, $498. They have 9D and 10D in stock. Was tempted but the fit wasn't great for me. Labeled Peal & Co, but pretty sure they are C&J. They do have some shop wear on them. 9D is on double leather and the 10D is on dainite.post #8212 of 1358011/29/14 at 3:59ampost #8213 of 1358011/29/14 at 4:06ampost #8214 of 1358011/29/14 at 4:36ampost #8215 of 1358011/29/14 at 11:19amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Happy days! Great work Farhadpost #8216 of 1358011/29/14 at 11:42ampost #8217 of 1358011/29/14 at 11:48ampost #8218 of 1358011/29/14 at 12:03pmQuote:
To be honest I did look but found only one in my size 8 , there may well be doing a new run because I have not seen these shoes or many C&J made wit the ridgeway sole! They normally use dainite sole.post #8219 of 1358011/29/14 at 12:13pmQuote:
Farhad, you did well. Focused is all you can be in these dens of inequity!post #8220 of 1358011/30/14 at 11:02amQuote:Originally Posted by AldenLuver
I stumbled across the BB shell cordovan cap toe boot (burgundy) at the BB on 20th and Broadway last night (few blocks south of the Flatiron building). It is 50% off, $498. They have 9D and 10D in stock. Was tempted but the fit wasn't great for me. Labeled Peal & Co, but pretty sure they are C&J. They do have some shop wear on them. 9D is on double leather and the 10D is on dainite.
Fit on those never worked for me, either. Feels narrow. Beautiful boot, though! I am pretty sure it is C&J - Harlech on a different last?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 9 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 16 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 18 minutes ago
- › Quality shoes for under $250 23 minutes ago
- › Monk Strap Shoes - Brown or Black? 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...