or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 525

post #7861 of 12842

Just went through this myself and I am the exact same size as you. You are a 10UK. I have 3 pairs of 325 lasted shoes, including the Conniston and it is a little roomier than the others. Thicker socks and tongue pads are the answer if you are a D.

post #7862 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-works View Post
 

Just went through this myself and I am the exact same size as you. You are a 10UK. I have 3 pairs of 325 lasted shoes, including the Conniston and it is a little roomier than the others. Thicker socks and tongue pads are the answer if you are a D.

 

I'm a 10E on the brannock, would you say that a 10D Conniston is roomy enough for me? It seems that most sizing advice was to size down 1/2 a size, so normally if I was a 10D, I would have gone down to a 9.5D Conniston.  

post #7863 of 12842
@patrick_b, I agree. I would go with a 10E UK to be safe. Having said that, I went a full size down from my normal US size for both my Harlechs and Coniston. The 341 last is pointier so the Harlechs are perfect. The Conistons with rounder 325 toe, are roomier so I might have been able to go down a half size further. But I just wear thicker socks.
post #7864 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Seeking sizing advice on the Coniston. I'm a measured 11D US, Barrie 10.5D US and picked up the Islay in 11D US from Barneys. They are plenty roomy, perhaps a touch long. I normally suffer from toe box tightness and these work well. My Islay are stamped in US size but I'd like to know the UK equivalent.

RE: the Coniston, can anyone help with a UK size recommendation? I'm planning to purchase from BSA Ltd and therefore need to know my UK size. BSA recommended a 10.5E UK but I'm thinking I'd be a 10E UK. Appreciate your help and apologize for yet another sizing question.

I am a U.S. 12D on a brannock and take 11.5 D in Barrie (although that is a touch loose). I got my Coniston's from BSA, and UK 10.5 E is a great fit. I'd go 10E if I were you. If they don't fit you can send them back and swap out for a different size. The folks at BSA were very kind with me when I needed to do so with my Conistons. I first ordered 10E and the were too tight. Hope that helps!
post #7865 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

@patrick_b, I agree. I would go with a 10E UK to be safe. Having said that, I went a full size down from my normal US size for both my Harlechs and Coniston. The 341 last is pointier so the Harlechs are perfect. The Conistons with rounder 325 toe, are roomier so I might have been able to go down a half size further. But I just wear thicker socks.
Where did you get your Harlechs? I recently called the C&J store in NYC - they wanted $1100 for them. Too rich for my blood. Anywhere else I can get them for better price?
post #7866 of 12842
I got one pair from the C&J store when I was in London. The other was a GMTO organized by Hoit.


If you want the stock brown shell, you can call or email one of the c&j stores on Jermyn st and they'll ship to you excluding vat. Prices have gone up since I got mine but I paid less than $800 for the brown ones, plus about $40 shipping.
post #7867 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

I got one pair from the C&J store when I was in London. The other was a GMTO

If you want the stock brown shell, you can call or email one of the c&j stores on Jermyn st and they'll ship to you excluding vat. Prices have gone up since I got mine but I paid less than $800 for the brown ones, plus about $40 shipping.

Thanks much!
post #7868 of 12842
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyoung View Post
 

 

I'm a 10E on the brannock, would you say that a 10D Conniston is roomy enough for me? It seems that most sizing advice was to size down 1/2 a size, so normally if I was a 10D, I would have gone down to a 9.5D Conniston.  


If you're a 10E on the brannock, that is a US size. I'd go 9Uk  fitting G but the E may work as well, depends on how you want them to fit. I'm loving the extra room of the 325 and I'm a C/D with a low instep. I really dont feel its as generous as everyone says but I guess it depends on what you're comparing the fit to.

post #7869 of 12842

glyoung. The pictures of the Navy Coniston boots I posted awhile back are U.S. size 11D, U.K. size 10 and they fit my size 11 foot perfectly...Some dimensions of my feet: 11" tip of big toe to heel. 41/8" wide at ball of feet and about 2 3/4" wide at the heel...Hope that helps!

post #7870 of 12842

Thanks guys.  I normally would get a wide fitting, but I was hoping to cop a pair from bsaltd or ebay for relatively cheap, and they only have D sizes.  Thinking I can just go 1/2 size up to make sure I'm not getting my toes crushed.

post #7871 of 12842

anybody have the cheviot II woud like to see it on foot. thx.

post #7872 of 12842

All  cheviot longwings are still in the factory; just got a confirmation from Jermyn Street flagship store.

post #7873 of 12842

thx man! You are going to buy one i hope you will post a pic.

post #7874 of 12842

Still debating as the Carmina  Longwing is also a contender and its in brown which is my first preference.

post #7875 of 12842
Thanks for the help gents. Much appreciated.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)