Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 10:25 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/20/17 at 10:45pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 521post #7802 of 132039/19/14 at 7:59amQuote:
Well keep in mind that unless your foot gets really narrow at the front, there's no way you can fit it in at the end. But if you can, try to try on a half size smaller.post #7803 of 132039/19/14 at 12:05pmpost #7804 of 132039/20/14 at 1:49ampost #7805 of 132039/21/14 at 2:26ampost #7806 of 132039/21/14 at 3:20ampost #7807 of 132039/21/14 at 3:39ampost #7808 of 132039/21/14 at 4:49ampost #7809 of 132039/21/14 at 6:51ampost #7810 of 132039/21/14 at 11:09ampost #7811 of 132039/21/14 at 11:37ampost #7812 of 132039/21/14 at 5:10pmpost #7813 of 132039/21/14 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by PCK1
I put them on a lot of my shoes...but I only do it with the following pre-requisites:
1. they are done by the manufacturer of the shoe or "an extremely talented" cobbler that I know will do it properly and not ruin the shoe
2. they are cut flush with the sole
If they are done properly...you are not ruining the shoe...you are actually helping to preserve the sole by preventing the toe wearing out too quickly requiring a re-sole.
Edited by BespokeKiwi - 9/21/14 at 11:03pmpost #7814 of 132039/21/14 at 6:27pmpost #7815 of 132039/21/14 at 8:47pm
I would appreciate your advice to round off my growing C&J collection. Advice from everyone else is most welcome too, of course. Thank you!
I work in the ICT industry, about as far away from CBD as white collar work permits. However, I'm trying to find my way back home to classic menswear from the ICT sartorial wilderness. I started my working life in the military officer, where military/semi-formal dress ruled. So, my civilian working life began with bespoke civilian lounge suits in the wardrobe but I gradually lost my way, as the ICT industry became progressively more casual in recent decades. Joining SF recently was a last ditch effort on my part to arrest my sartorial decline.
Being over 50 now, my plan is to wear mainly odd jacket ensembles in solid colours, perhaps with a bit of texture too. However, I'm not big on the bold patterns that are popular nowadays. Fabrics preferred are medium weight wool blends/worsteds/linens for summer/tropics and heavy weight wool blends/worstead/cashmere/tweed for winter/three season. My modest new lounge suit collection will be limited to basic solids and PoW checks in various cuts.
C&J Footwear Plan
Given the above, I favour low cut ankle boots, specifically Chukka/Desert boots as they can pull double duty either casual/country and or semi-formal/town. If I was more CBD, then I would go for Chelsea boots rather than Chukka, as slightly more formal. Presently, my Oxfords are all semi brogue (both blind and medallion style). Again, so they can pull double duty (casual/country and semi-formal/town) at a stretch.
My C&J Collection
Below is a picture of my growing C&J collection today, in the shape of an upside down triangle. Arranged from the most frequently worn footwear in the top row to the least frequently worn in the bottom row. From the more formal on the left to the least formal on the right. I would appreciate you advice to fill in the gaps, as I notice from your pictures that my C&J preferences are similar to your own. Obviously, making appropriate allowances for different locations and working environments.
Anyway, what say you mate? Again, thanks.
Top Row: [1C] 348 Milton boots in ocean blue suede? [1E] 359 Hartland boots in ocean blue suede or special order in antique dark brown?
Middle Row: [2B] 348 Westbourn in chestnut brown or special order in dark brown antique calf? [2D] 363 Barrington 2 special order in dark brown antique calf.
Bottom Row: [3A] Plain capped Oxfords in black or whole cuts for semi-formal/DJ use? [3B] 341 Sydney in snuff suede? [3C] Driving slippers in suede?
Note: I do have other non-C&J footwear that covers off the rugged country footwear side, i.e. black and dark brown leather Chukka boots with commando soles) and black leather Chelsea boots with double leather soles.
Edited by BespokeKiwi - 9/24/14 at 6:29pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...