or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 510

post #7636 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorHolliday View Post

You think this is an exclusive makeup for Frans Boone?
Can't say. I can say that this is in my view the perfect Coniston and that while it seems a no-brainer that this -- or something like it -- should be easy to find, it definitely isn't.
post #7637 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Can't say. I can say that this is in my view the perfect Coniston and that while it seems a no-brainer that this -- or something like it -- should be easy to find, it definitely isn't.


That is odd, because you would certainly think that this version would be a good seller for them.

 

I purchased the Islay in Brown Scotch Grain awhile ago, and I've been getting more and more shoes and boots in this kind of leather ever since.

post #7638 of 12763

Frans Boone store version of Coniston:



and Crockett Jones web page:

post #7639 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Frans Boone store version of Coniston:






and Crockett Jones web page:



Frans Boone's version is spectacular. I would not purchase though due to the lack of speedhooks. Also there is no size 12 so even if I wanted them, I would not be able to get them plain.gif
post #7640 of 12763

I'd actually prefer the Tan grain of the normal Coniston, coupled with the all eyelets of the Frans boone version.

post #7641 of 12763
This version it's very very nice,

Although I always thought 325 last isn't the best choice with cap toe, I found it perfect for a wingtip but with toe cap in my opinion it looks too bulbous.

I really prefer for example AS Cambridge on Last 87
post #7642 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Frans Boone's version is spectacular. I would not purchase though due to the lack of speedhooks.

Purdey have a brown grain Coniston version with speed hooks.
post #7643 of 12763

Purdey's version has it all! Yet, the price is outrageous. 475 GBP + shipping / around 800 $ + shipping

post #7644 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Purdey's version has it all! Yet, the price is outrageous. 475 GBP + shipping / around 800 $ + shipping

A small price to pay, to look dapper and get compliments from the ladies.
post #7645 of 12763

I have the Coniston in dark brown calf (makeup for Barney's) which I got on sale for a steal and I really enjoy them.  At some point, I wouldn't mind getting the tan scotch grain version. I do really like the 325 last although I prefer the 341 slightly.

post #7646 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Purdey's version has it all! Yet, the price is outrageous. 475 GBP + shipping / around 800 $ + shipping
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Actually more like 400GBP once you take off VAT for non EU people.
Still quite a bit of a premium over the standard model.
post #7647 of 12763

Does the non EU people always manage to get away with no additional custom/import charges in their countries? Would like to know what it's like in the US. As I understood it's like lottery .. Sometimes you end up paying like 20% and completely cancel the EU VAT deduction, yet sometimes you get away with almost nothing ..

post #7648 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Does the non EU people always manage to get away with no additional custom/import charges in their countries? Would like to know what it's like in the US. As I understood it's like lottery .. Sometimes you end up paying like 20% and completely cancel the EU VAT deduction, yet sometimes you get away with almost nothing ..

Depends which service is used. If FedEx, UPS, DHL etc. I always get stung. If a local carrier is used and the package handed to the USPS I have yet to get stung. For reference I'm in NYC.
post #7649 of 12763
.
post #7650 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Does the non EU people always manage to get away with no additional custom/import charges in their countries? Would like to know what it's like in the US. As I understood it's like lottery .. Sometimes you end up paying like 20% and completely cancel the EU VAT deduction, yet sometimes you get away with almost nothing ..

For USAns, it all depends on the courier used.
With postal service there's little chance of having to pay anything.
Fedex/DHL/UPS you'll usually get hit with 8.5% assuming the sender filled out the forms correctly plus the courier's own fees which range from $0 to $30.
Local state taxes are on the honor system.

I think Canadians almost always get hit with customs plus local taxes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)