Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 491post #7351 of 110686/25/14 at 4:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7352 of 110686/25/14 at 5:42ampost #7353 of 110686/25/14 at 5:49ampost #7354 of 110686/25/14 at 6:16am
Just to let you know, when I ordered a Polo shirt from Mr. Porter at 80 GBP, DHL quoted me 25 GBP just for their administration costs + custom + tax of my state .. The shipment was made outside of EU countries in this case so I have refused to accept the package and told DHL to return it to MrPorter, after which I informed Mr Porter tha I would like a refund which they provided.post #7355 of 110686/25/14 at 6:20ampost #7356 of 110686/25/14 at 6:23amQuote:
C&J has been "customer friendly" in their declaration in the past and they used Royal Mail.
From other DHL shipments I've received, they typically charge about $12 brokerage plus the shoes will be about 8.5% for duty.post #7357 of 110686/25/14 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Nikola
Just to let you know, when I ordered a Polo shirt from Mr. Porter at 80 GBP, DHL quoted me 25 GBP just for their administration costs + custom + tax of my state .. The shipment was made outside of EU countries in this case so I have refused to accept the package and told DHL to return it to MrPorter, after which I informed Mr Porter tha I would like a refund which they provided.
Yeah DHL are the worst (alongside FedEx) in my experience. I would call C&J and see if they can mail via Parcelforce, as with them you're unlikely to have any fees at all.post #7358 of 110686/25/14 at 6:36ampost #7359 of 110686/25/14 at 7:03amQuote:
My apologies, i miss remembered the email, they mentioned shipping with Parcel Force. It did not know it was a service from Royal Mail in the UK, so i'm a little more comfortable with ordering now. Thanks everyone...post #7360 of 110686/25/14 at 1:03pmpost #7361 of 110686/27/14 at 4:22ampost #7362 of 110686/27/14 at 4:57ampost #7363 of 110686/27/14 at 5:42ampost #7364 of 110686/27/14 at 11:16am
^ Funnily enough, I was just getting ready to list these on eBay: the Argyll longwing model that C&J made for Fife back in the day. Never seen another pair of these, although a leather-soled single shoe sample of this is held at the Birmingham C&J shop.
On either the 240 or 248 last, so one of the earlier ones. Leather is the same as the Islay, with a slightly flatter last and with an EE width:
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 second ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 1 second ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 44 seconds ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 minute ago
- › LEMAIRE 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...