or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 490

post #7336 of 12828
C&J wide footed gent PSA. From the current sale, the Jermyn Street store has the following models in wide G width sizes-

Boston in burgundy
Draycott in black and chestnut calf
Grasmere in black grain
Monkton in chestnut
Dartmouth in black calf (H width only)

On that note, can someone re-confirm for me if C&J is a full or a half size difference? C&J SA from NY said it was a full size, but i recall talk about a half size difference. My luck has been horrible with uncharted brands as of late, so i am tentative. My plan was to order a full price model from the NY store, but maybe the UK stores accept exchanges on sales models.
post #7337 of 12828

@JubeiSpiegel - C&J sizing varies from last to last...

 

 

the NYC manager called me yesterday...sounds like the sale going on has some good models...a bunch of stuff on the 348 last....people should get down there before I do :devil:

post #7338 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

@JubeiSpiegel
- C&J sizing varies from last to last...

Well the models i am interested in are on the 341 last, would you have a recommendation on sizing on that last by chance?
post #7339 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

C&J wide footed gent PSA. From the current sale, the Jermyn Street store has the following models in wide G width sizes-

Boston in burgundy
Draycott in black and chestnut calf
Grasmere in black grain
Monkton in chestnut
Dartmouth in black calf (H width only)

On that note, can someone re-confirm for me if C&J is a full or a half size difference? C&J SA from NY said it was a full size, but i recall talk about a half size difference. My luck has been horrible with uncharted brands as of late, so i am tentative. My plan was to order a full price model from the NY store, but maybe the UK stores accept exchanges on sales models.

 Boston in Burgundy, Garsmere and Darycot not on sale. Just spoke with the 92 Jermyn Street .. Though, I asked for size E ..

Only interesting shoe I could find on sale would be Handgrade Somerville Boot from 525 GBP to 445 GBP.

post #7340 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

 Boston in Burgundy, Garsmere and Darycot not on sale. Just spoke with the 92 Jermyn Street .. Though, I asked for size E ..

Just relaying info from the SA from Jermyn Street, so do what you will with the information, i did state that my info was for wide shoes only...
post #7341 of 12828

So did I with the E shoes .. I forgot to ask them about the wide ones, but since the discount was only around 10%, I didn't want to go any further .. They did have one pair of Boston Loafers in Brown at 305gbp, marked down from 350 gbp ..

post #7342 of 12828
You know, i was not too impressed with the sales prices as well, not too much difference from retail. I will probably just stay the course and get that Brecon i wanted at retail from the NY store, and assess size from there...
post #7343 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Well the models i am interested in are on the 341 last, would you have a recommendation on sizing on that last by chance?

My experience with the 341 (Harlech boot) is to size down a full size from my US size. I'm a 13D on the Brannock and took a 12E in the Harlech.
post #7344 of 12828

SALE review from London UK stores: went to four shops. Save ~£100-130ish on handgrades, few seconds e.g. Tetbury where the brown has gone a funny colour, creases in loafers. Red Chukkas. Odd sizes etc.

 

Probably better to go for what you really want and pay full whack and aim to claim back the VAT.

post #7345 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

You know, i was not too impressed with the sales prices as well, not too much difference from retail. I will probably just stay the course and get that Brecon i wanted at retail from the NY store, and assess size from there...

It's not that great, imo. The best deal is definitely Barney's. C&J's can go as low as 60% off.
post #7346 of 12828
I was wondering why there were no sales talk, now i know. Meh... confused.gif
post #7347 of 12828
I went to C&J NYC this weekend. Discounts not impressive and barely anything for me in 8E UK. On the plus side, the sales reps were very polite, in stark contrast to an earlier negative experience I had last year.
post #7348 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

@JubeiSpiegel
- C&J sizing varies from last to last...

Well the models i am interested in are on the 341 last, would you have a recommendation on sizing on that last by chance?

Full size down for 341. The 341 is great.
post #7349 of 12828

Agreed...341 is a very nice last.

 

@JubeiSpiegel...in US shoes i am a US12D....in G&G TG73/DG70 I wear a UK11.5E....in C&J 341 I wear a UK11E.

 

Hopefully that is of some help to you since you wear G&G too...

post #7350 of 12828
Just in case anyone is interested, here's the email I got from the NYC store for UK9E sale shoes:

Hand Grade Collection

Audley – oxford in Black Calf (Last 337) - $600 (from $830 – sample)
Audley – oxford in Dark Brown Calf (Last 337) - $600 (from $830 – sample)
Barrington - semi-brogue cap toe oxford in Tan Antique Calf (Last 363) - $600 (from $850 - sample)
Lonsdale - cap toe oxford in Dark Brown Suede (Last 363) - $600 (from $830 - sample)
Maddox - stitched oxford in Tan Antique Calf (Last 337) - $600 (from $900)
Marston – loafer in Black Calf (Last 337) - $690 (from $850)
Rosemoor - oxford in Black Calf (Last 358) - $695 (from $850)
Selbourne - semi-brogue cap toe oxford in Black Calf (Last 358) - $710 (from $860)

Main Collection

Chukka - unlined chukka boot in Nut Suede (Last 200) - $440 (from $540)
Exmoor - full brogue wingtip derby in Dark Brown Grain (Last 348) - $560 (from $690)
Exmoor - full brogue wingtip derby in Rough Out Suede (Last 348) - $490 (from $610)
Finsbury - full brogue wingtip oxford in Black Calf (Last 341) - $500 (from $650)
Grasmere - plain derby in Black Grain with Dainite rubber sole (Last 325) - $490 (from $645)
Lulworth - saddle oxford in White Nubuck with Navy Grain (Last 325) - $470 (from $605)
Teign - loafer in Bottle Green Suede (Last 341) - $385 (from $535)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)