or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 486

post #7276 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

What a shock. How can they use the same name? Thought Brits would devastate them in court or something .. !?
I think they sold them a license to use the name when C&J had financial problems in the 70s or 80s, so it's legal.
post #7277 of 12855
trickers made the same mistake as well. oooof
post #7278 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


And this website... which I'm assuming are SA C&J models.

The Barkers on that site look pretty hideous as well. I wonder if they did the same thing.
post #7279 of 12855
Anyone else receive the summer sale email from the NY store? Here we go again... smile.gif
post #7280 of 12855
Yep, just got off the phone for details.

20-30% off, including handgrade and possible rare Japanese models.
post #7281 of 12855
When does sale start?
post #7282 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Yep, just got off the phone for details.

20-30% off, including handgrade and possible rare Japanese models.

Do tell, because the email just said the sale starts on the 21st.

Is it discounted & specific models only, as usual?
post #7283 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Do tell, because the email just said the sale starts on the 21st.

Is it discounted & specific models only, as usual?

They said they'd email available sizes and styles the day before the sale.
post #7284 of 12855

For those of you who own the harlech, how do you like them? How casually can they be worn given the narrower and sleeker last? I'd like to purchase a pair in the future but not sure how well they'd fit into a wardrobe of only chinos and jeans.

post #7285 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1891 View Post

For those of you who own the harlech, how do you like them? How casually can they be worn given the narrower and sleeker last? I'd like to purchase a pair in the future but not sure how well they'd fit into a wardrobe of only chinos and jeans.

I wear my Whiskey Harlechs with jeans and chinos only. Never had an issue.
post #7286 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1891 View Post
 

For those of you who own the harlech, how do you like them? How casually can they be worn given the narrower and sleeker last? I'd like to purchase a pair in the future but not sure how well they'd fit into a wardrobe of only chinos and jeans.

 

I have two Harlech boots and wear them with both chinos and denim.  The whiskey shell boots go especially well with dark denim.

post #7287 of 12855
They go best with jeans & chino's. Also good with casual suits like tweed.

Just polished mine the other day.


900x900px-LL-d5305ee4_image.jpeg
post #7288 of 12855

^Fantastic shine on your Harlechs, @Crat

 

@hoit1981 @BootSpell I'm roughly two months from taking delivery of my own whiskey Harlechs; any recent pics to demonstrate how they age?

post #7289 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by wklq76a View Post
 

^Fantastic shine on your Harlechs, @Crat

 

@hoit1981 @BootSpell I'm roughly two months from taking delivery of my own whiskey Harlechs; any recent pics to demonstrate how they age?

 

I'll take some pics in the next few days (house is in disarray due to carpet cleaning) but Hoit might have better wear on his whiskey Harlechs.  Disappointingly, I haven't worn mine as much as I've wanted as I've been forced to wear some newer acquisitions for urgent OCD break-in purposes.

post #7290 of 12855
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

...I've been forced to wear some newer acquisitions for urgent OCD break-in purposes.

Sounds like a tough life...:lol:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)