or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 482

post #7216 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by embromides View Post
 

Re. Pudey quality. Have no hesitation on Purdey quality. Their 325 last in dark brown is standing up well. Can recommend it without qualification.

 

Hey CTBrummie ! Your Pickering : a Coniston - but not as we now know it. This was the shade they were produced in some ten years ago. A great shade.

 

Couple of extra pairs of eyelets, too - so it's more of a 'high leg' boot than the Coniston, which is what I prefer.

 

I think the shade is the rather unappealing-sounding 'beige country calf' in C&J's sample book.

post #7217 of 12858

Are C&J's Benchgrade suede shoes made of "real" suede (reverse calf) or split suede?

post #7218 of 12858

Teign is a winner :)

 

I'm glad you pulled the trigger...you won't regret having those!

post #7219 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLane View Post
 

As promised the Teign unlined loafers...highly recommended.

 

 

 

 

 

Simply beautiful ... and very elegant.

post #7220 of 12858

It was really difficult to find these and to get them. But finally got the dark brown Hallams.

Cleav has suggested going "swade" for my next shoes but we were discussing whether it would be appropriate for CBDs. 

post #7221 of 12858

Color is superb, but the 348 is just too pointy and elongated for an Oxford shoe IMO.

post #7222 of 12858
How about some trees in them Hallams?
post #7223 of 12858

Ah, that is a must. Went out this past weekend and got an universal cedar shoe tree from Needless Markup.

post #7224 of 12858

Beautiful Hallams...and I respectfully disagree with Nikola...his style is perhaps 'older' or more 'traditional'...the 348 is perfect for the modern businessperson who wants the elegance of a classic oxford with a more fashionable, stylized, and contemporary last.

 

Are they leather or dainite soles?

post #7225 of 12858
Where is the best place to get the dark brown Hallams? That picture inspired me to consider a pair.
post #7226 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

Beautiful Hallams...and I respectfully disagree with Nikola...his style is perhaps 'older' or more 'traditional'...the 348 is perfect for the modern businessperson who wants the elegance of a classic oxford with a more fashionable, stylized, and contemporary last.

 

Are they leather or dainite soles?

Leather soles. But I asked them to put protective rubber on the front portion of the sole. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

Where is the best place to get the dark brown Hallams? That picture inspired me to consider a pair.
Depends on which side of the Atlantic Ocean you're on. 
If you're in the States, then just call up the NYC store. 
It was quick and good service. 
post #7227 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post


Beautiful Hallams... the 348 is perfect

This
post #7228 of 12858

Rudals...now you need to pick up some dark brown wax polish...and every few weeks give them a polishing. In time...those shoes will develop a beautiful dark brown patina...

post #7229 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

Rudals...now you need to pick up some dark brown wax polish...and every few weeks give them a polishing. In time...those shoes will develop a beautiful dark brown patina...

until I get some dark brown wax polish, can I use black?

post #7230 of 12858

If you like the color of your shoes, always choose a shade of cream slightly lighter.

I if were you, I wouldn't touch them with anything darker than Medium Brown Sapphire Cream ..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)