Not quite right. You can have them sent from France if you purchase from Upper Shoes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:45 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 47post #692 of 1202412/25/11 at 5:48pmpost #693 of 1202412/25/11 at 8:41pmpost #694 of 1202412/26/11 at 8:27pm
After significant saving, I'm about to pick up my first pair of C+J's this week, in NYC. Should I put taps on them or leave them as is? If so, should I get it done with the in-house cobbler? In my office, I do have someone who comes twice a week to shine shoes and is also able to put taps on for 3 dollars. Seems like a no brainer, but maybe I'm wrong.post #695 of 1202412/26/11 at 10:26pmpost #696 of 1202412/26/11 at 10:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by msart84
After significant saving, I'm about to pick up my first pair of C+J's this week, in NYC. Should I put taps on them or leave them as is? If so, should I get it done with the in-house cobbler? In my office, I do have someone who comes twice a week to shine shoes and is also able to put taps on for 3 dollars. Seems like a no brainer, but maybe I'm wrong.
I actually haven't done that with any of my shoes but I am considering it for my next pairs.
I'd recommend B. Nelson on 55th between Lexington and 3rd for your taps. I use them for resoling and they've done an excellent job.
On a side note, does anyone own the C&J Wembleys? If so, thoughts?post #697 of 1202412/26/11 at 10:50pmQuote:
heel or toe?
heel taps should definitly be installed flush, while toe isn't necessarily the case. if the shoe shine guy does flushed heel taps for three bucks it's a no brainer...post #698 of 1202412/26/11 at 11:04pmpost #699 of 1202412/27/11 at 7:31ampost #700 of 1202412/27/11 at 10:58amFlush heel taps? That's interesting. I doubt they would be that cheap.
Fritzl means flush as in it doesn't add to the height of the heel where the tap is placed. If that is the case then you most likely don't need to get them done if that is what you want, as they will probably come like that unless you are getting rubber soled shoes.
I get non-flush heel taps added so that the rubber part of the heel doesn't wear away.post #701 of 1202412/27/11 at 11:59ampost #702 of 1202412/27/11 at 12:05pmpost #703 of 1202412/27/11 at 12:12pmpost #704 of 1202412/27/11 at 12:52pmpost #705 of 1202412/27/11 at 1:18pmQuote:
EDIT: I don't see the point of getting rubber ones or maybe we are talking about different things?
Most shoes already come with rubber inserts in the heels.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 40 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 10 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli Navy Donegal Double Breasted Sport coat 11 minutes ago
- › Petar Petrov AW12 Burgundy Jacket 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 18 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding