Cognac is more brown- a bit orange like the original color of my westborne. You could always go with middle brown if you're looking for a true brown.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 9:28 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 459post #6871 of 111145/8/14 at 4:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6872 of 111145/8/14 at 5:40pmpost #6873 of 111145/8/14 at 11:30pmpost #6874 of 111145/9/14 at 4:03am
Crockett & Jones - Artwork Competition
We see so many great shots from SF members of our shoes that would certainly have a shot of winning the competition. At very least, we would love to post some of these photos on our Facebook and Twitter feeds. I remember one photo from, I think, CTBrummie of his Islays after a hard days paint-balling. Our production director particularly enjoyed that one! Send it in and we'll judge away!
Send your entries to email@example.com
Kind regards, and good luck to those who enter.
Crockett & Jones Online.post #6875 of 111145/9/14 at 5:27amQuote:
As I stated in a previous post, the owner of the store where I bought the Monkton's indicated that I could mix mahogany and dark brown to create chestnut but I'm thinking of mixing Cognac and Mahogany instead. Does anyone do this and if so, what's the best way to do it?post #6876 of 111145/9/14 at 9:18ampost #6877 of 111145/9/14 at 9:47ampost #6878 of 111145/9/14 at 9:50ampost #6879 of 111145/9/14 at 9:53ampost #6880 of 111145/9/14 at 9:56amQuote:
I'm in hot, icky Florida U.S. and as a rabid boot afficianado - 70% of my shoes are boots! - I wear them year round.
I both endlessly fight with as well as make a lot of concessions to the heat but my boots are non-negotiable. Even if it's 100 degrees out, my Lindricks, Ludlows, etc. are all still in rotation.
heat be damned!!!post #6881 of 111145/9/14 at 10:38am
Had to go to Northampton this afternoon (to drop a pair of shoes off in Edward Green) so popped into the Crockett & Jones Factory store as it is closeby.
Found a pair of Tetbury boots in my size, so added it to my previous factory store purchases.
Previous purchases were
Grasmerepost #6882 of 111145/9/14 at 11:11ampost #6883 of 111145/9/14 at 1:10pmpost #6884 of 111145/9/14 at 1:14pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 16 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 18 seconds ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 44 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 4 minutes ago
- › New clothing catalog - cobalt2carbon.com 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?