Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 7:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 9:28 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 453post #6781 of 111214/29/14 at 1:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6782 of 111214/29/14 at 2:35pmpost #6783 of 111214/29/14 at 2:37pmpost #6784 of 111214/29/14 at 3:46pmpost #6785 of 111214/29/14 at 5:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by jeffd
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I see that Ben Silver has quite a few C&J models on sale right now. Good deals if you can find your size - sadly, I cannot...
I've generally found that Ben Silver sales price >= most other stockists' regular pricepost #6786 of 111214/29/14 at 10:12pmpost #6787 of 111214/29/14 at 10:17pmpost #6788 of 111214/29/14 at 10:42pmpost #6789 of 111214/29/14 at 11:49pmpost #6790 of 111214/30/14 at 8:16ampost #6791 of 111214/30/14 at 11:55ampost #6792 of 111214/30/14 at 11:05pmQuote:
The C&J's they carry in US D (normal) width are not on sale, suggesting there is more demand for D than E. it appears they have overstocked their E widths as they have been on sale for quite some time.post #6793 of 111215/1/14 at 7:25am
These are a good deal and someone should bid: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crockett-Jones-Westbourne-Brown-Leather-Lace-Up-Shoes-8-5E-BRAND-NEW-/281322034959?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item418019970f
They're my size and I like them, but don't need another C&J Chestnut at the moment.post #6794 of 111215/2/14 at 5:50amBought my first pair of C&J shoes yesterday, the Westbourne in black and Monkton in chestnut. Couple of questions, do you guys treat or condition your C&J's before wear and will the woodlore shoe trees work for these shoes? Thanks
Another interesting note, the gentleman that I bought the shoes from gave me a two jars of Meltonian cream, one in brown and one in red mahogany and told me to mix them to create the chestnut color.post #6795 of 111215/2/14 at 6:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Bought my first pair of C&J shoes yesterday, the Westbourne in black and Monkton in chestnut. Couple of questions, do you guys treat or condition your C&J's before wear and will the woodlore shoe trees work for these shoes? Thanks
Another interesting note, the gentleman that I bought the shoes from gave me a two jars of Meltonian cream, one in brown and one in red mahogany and told me to mix them to create the chestnut color.
For my chestnut Westbournes which are from the benchgrade collection I use Saphir cognac, both cream and wax. Sometimes I throw some Mahogany on the toe cap (1/4 of the time), but only the wax not the cream. For my Hangrade Somervilles, which are also called chestnut (but are a completely different color - much more red), I use Saphir mahogany cream and wax.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 40 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?