or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 452

post #6766 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

today


Very nice combination...
post #6767 of 12763
Thank you Gianni
post #6768 of 12763

Dear All,

 

It has been a while since we last posted on SF. It's great to read so many positive comments and see some great photos from the last few months.

 

Which brings me to our Competition.

To enter: Send a worthy photo of your own Crockett & Jones shoes to facebook@crockettandjones.co.uk with 'Artwork Competition' in the subject line. 

The prize: We will not only put your photo on our website, we will include the style from your photo (E.g. Lowndes in Dark Brown burnished calf) in our forth coming Autumn Winter 2014 photo shoot, letting our photographer lose! We will also design and print a poster of the final photo and send you the 'one off' print.*

*Copy right for the image will remain with Crockett & Jones

 

Finally, I am sure most have you have seen/read our latest news articles on our website, but if not, here a short list of the latest posts:

 

Crockett & Jones' Export Sales Director, Peter Reed

 

A Crockett & Jones Repair

 

Crockett & Jones Spring Summer 2014 Collection

 

Crockett & Jones Spring Summer 2014 Velvet Slippers

 

An Article from 'The Northampton Independent', dated 12th Feb 1910

 

The Turner Twins, Question Greenland

 

GB Tax Free Shopping at Crockett & Jones

 

 

All the best and Good Luck in our competition. 

 

Crockett & Jones Online

post #6769 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandJONLINE View Post
 

Dear All,

 

It has been a while since we last posted on SF. It's great to read so many positive comments and see some great photos from the last few months.

 

Which brings me to our Competition.

To enter: Send a worthy photo of your own Crockett & Jones shoes to facebook@crockettandjones.co.uk with 'Artwork Competition' in the subject line. 

The prize: We will not only put your photo on our website, we will include the style from your photo (E.g. Lowndes in Dark Brown burnished calf) in our forth coming Autumn Winter 2014 photo shoot, letting our photographer lose! We will also design and print a poster of the final photo and send you the 'one off' print.*

*Copy right for the image will remain with Crockett & Jones

 

Finally, I am sure most have you have seen/read our latest news articles on our website, but if not, here a short list of the latest posts:

 

Crockett & Jones' Export Sales Director, Peter Reed

 

A Crockett & Jones Repair

 

Crockett & Jones Spring Summer 2014 Collection

 

Crockett & Jones Spring Summer 2014 Velvet Slippers

 

An Article from 'The Northampton Independent', dated 12th Feb 1910

 

The Turner Twins, Question Greenland

 

GB Tax Free Shopping at Crockett & Jones

 

 

All the best and Good Luck in our competition. 

 

Crockett & Jones Online


Dear C&J. I really love your shoes, and have couple of pairs.

May I suggest you to consider two very frustrating things for me as a buyer: 

English is not my first language, so my expression is somehow limited, but I do hope you will understand me.

1.) The photographs of your shoes on the official webpage doesn't represent the color of the leather quite well. The shoes look like they have been badly photoshopped, and the studio lighting where the photos were taken is just not good. The light reflection on the leather really makes the leather's shoe looks lifeless and dull.

2.) I think you should really open the the doors of your Factory Shop to the people who lives outside the UK.
For example, I bought several Rejected/Subs shoes from the John Lobb Factory Shop using the Bank Account Transfer/ Credit Card Phone Transfer without a single problem. When I phoned your Factory Shop, they told me such thing is not possible in C&J Factory Shop.

Your shoes does make a good value for money/quality. I hope you will carry on with this strategy without raising up the prices, as that's why your shoes are so popular among everything else ..

 

post #6770 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 


Dear C&J. I really love your shoes, and have couple of pairs.

May I suggest you to consider two very frustrating things for me as a buyer: 

English is not my first language, so my expression is somehow limited, but I do hope you will understand me.

1.) The photographs of your shoes on the official webpage doesn't represent the color of the leather quite well. The shoes look like they have been badly photoshopped, and the studio lighting where the photos were taken is just not good. The light reflection on the leather really makes the leather's shoe looks lifeless and dull.

2.) I think you should really open the the doors of your Factory Shop to the people who lives outside the UK.
For example, I bought several Rejected/Subs shoes from the John Lobb Factory Shop using the Bank Account Transfer/ Credit Card Phone Transfer without a single problem. When I phoned your Factory Shop, they told me such thing is not possible in C&J Factory Shop.

Your shoes does make a good value for money/quality. I hope you will carry on with this strategy without raising up the prices, as that's why your shoes are so popular among everything else ..

 

 

Dear Nikola,

 

Thank you for your feedback. It is always good to hear from a customer.

 

Indeed, the majority of the photography of our product on white background needs improving and is one that we have already taken steps to improve. If you look at our UK Mens Collection and select our 'New Season' filter, you will see that we are moving forward with better photography. Unfortunately, to accomplish the entire website is a rather large undertaking and Crockett & Jones are not quite as operationally sized as some people may think, but I am sure you will notice the difference, in time. 

 

I personally relaunched Crockett & Jones' website two years ago and we can of course always improve, but we feel that we have taken some really good steps forward from our old site. I am not sure if you ever visited the old site, but it was not a good reflection of our rich history and product.

 

The Factory Shop: This was originally set up to recover manufacturing cost from substandard shoes deemed not good enough to be sold under the Crockett & Jones brand at full retail value. The shop catered for staff, friends and family and people willing to travel to the shop. with the growth of the internet more and more people are finding out about it. I am afraid that we have stopped Mail Order from our factory shop for a couple of reasons:

 

1) As I mentioned above, the factory shop sells 'substandard shoes' from the previous week’s production. The severity of a defect is open to interpretation and therefore if you do not see the shoes first hand you cannot make a decision as to whether or not you are happy to live with that defect. A distance sale is putting that decision onto our staff and we found that occasionally shoes were being returned to the factory shop due to customers not being happy with a particular defect without really know what the factory shop was about.

 

2) Re-sell of our substandard shoes online. This unfortunately is something that is extremely difficult to control once the substandard shoes have left our doorstep. Our factory shop is extremely good value, and unfortunately, this lends itself to abuse that ultimately devalues Crockett & Jones. 

 

Kind regards,

James

post #6771 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandJONLINE View Post

2) Re-sell of our substandard shoes online. This unfortunately is something that is extremely difficult to control once the substandard shoes have left our doorstep. Our factory shop is extremely good value, and unfortunately, this lends itself to abuse that ultimately devalues Crockett & Jones. 

 


This is the one reason why I will never buy pre-owned shoes shoes on eBay. Too many people trying to pass off seconds as firsts...
post #6772 of 12763
[
2) Re-sell of our substandard shoes online. This unfortunately is something that is extremely difficult to control once the substandard shoes have left our doorstep. Our factory shop is extremely good value, and unfortunately, this lends itself to abuse that ultimately devalues Crockett & Jones. 

Kind regards,
James
[/quote]


I agree with this answer from James 100%

There was a time when Jl were selling more shoes bought from their factory shop on e-bay then from their main shop Jermyn street! LOL
post #6773 of 12763

There is no way to stop someone to re-sell the shoes anyway. That should not be the reason why CJ doesn't allow Credit Card/Phone purchases for their Rejects.

CJ rejects are marked as SUBS, no one can fool you on that.

Also, John Lobb FS is normally selling their rejects to me over the phone for a year now. The lady working there clearly says to me what the fault is, and usually those faults are a joke. Like a one stitch deformed, or some wax inside the shoe, or a small machine mark.. Things that you will pick up in the first one month of wearing shoes anyway ..

I guess that's just the policy who will be changed in the future, I am sure. This way all they do is saving their employees in the Shop from additional work. I understand how difficult for a lady in JL shop must be to track all the shipments and addresses/sizes/styles/color ... Not to mess something up, and she is doing a excellent job.

I just called the EG factory shop, they told me - Sir, by appointment only - I mean, what a Joke .. I feel like being a second row shopper, cut short from the opportunity of purchase, and my money should be good as British peoples I guess ..

 

post #6774 of 12763

My only problem with shopping at C&J is actually shipping. I have only received excellent service from Jermyn Street. But 35 punds for shipping to continental europe - wtf. At times a plane ticket to London costs less.

post #6775 of 12763

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I see that Ben Silver has quite a few C&J models on sale right now.  Good deals if you can find your size - sadly, I cannot...

 

http://www.bensilver.com/Sale-Shoes-and-Socks.html

post #6776 of 12763

Nice find...

 

Belgrave is my size and its a nice shoe...but I have too many shoes as is...

post #6777 of 12763
Are those sizes on Ben silver's website UK or US sizing?? I know it states E fitting.
post #6778 of 12763
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasymonkey View Post

Are those sizes on Ben silver's website UK or US sizing?? I know it states E fitting.

All C&J's on sale at BS are US E width (wide).
post #6779 of 12763
Thanks sevenfoldtieguy.
post #6780 of 12763
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)