or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 446

post #6676 of 12795

Lowndes...348...dark brown golf grain...dainite soles...this shoe was designed to make you look classy even in the nastiest of weather...my favorite type of shoe :)

 

post #6677 of 12795
Simply put, those Lowndes are stunning. They just catapulted to the top of my must-kop list. How long have you had them?
post #6678 of 12795
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post
 

People say that on SF but it's honestly never occurred to me outside the context of this forum.

 

Really?  It occurred to me the first time I saw them in the flesh... the one and only reason I didn't buy them, actually, because I otherwise love the look of that shoe.  Once you see that shape in the medallion it's hard to want to buy them, though.

 

Not the only shoe which a dumb medallion has caused me to not buy.  Ah, shoemakers and their bad medallions.

post #6679 of 12795
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldwinP View Post
 

 

Really?  It occurred to me the first time I saw them in the flesh... the one and only reason I didn't buy them, actually, because I otherwise love the look of that shoe.  Once you see that shape in the medallion it's hard to want to buy them, though.

 

Not the only shoe which a dumb medallion has caused me to not buy.  Ah, shoemakers and their bad medallions.

So true. Even the phallic Selbourne medallion is better than the stuff Carmina puts on their shoes. 

post #6680 of 12795
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanielca View Post

Hey guys so I've been eyeing a pair of handgrade that is only available in France cowdray 2.

I am also eyeing a pair of suedes thinking of something very comfy so cranford 3, now here is the thing in UK the have soft rubber soles and in France they come with single leather soles.

I assume soft rubber would be super comfy, but how do they feel compared to danite and how do they hold up?

Thanks

Is no one gonna help me with some info and opinions on the soft rubber sole? frown.gif
post #6681 of 12795
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90shilling View Post

Simply put, those Lowndes are stunning. They just catapulted to the top of my must-kop list. How long have you had them?


I have had them about 4 months. They were a new design this past winter with the golf grain calf and the dainite soles. The normal Lowndes are plain calf or suede and leather soles.

 

@jdanielca - sorry I can't help...the only rubber soles from C&J I have ever owned are dainite and commando. However, as far as single leather goes...I have a bunch of these and like them very much from C&J.

post #6682 of 12795

Look for some fit suggestions on Peal and Co. from BB which I believe is C&J.

 

I wanted the following shoes, but I am concerned about width. I have a C&J Belgrave in 9.5 UK which fits well in the width and length.

 

 

 

Anyone know what these from BB will fit like?

 

Thank you,

 

DL-

post #6683 of 12795
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldwinP View Post

Really?  It occurred to me the first time I saw them in the flesh... the one and only reason I didn't buy them, actually, because I otherwise love the look of that shoe.  Once you see that shape in the medallion it's hard to want to buy them, though.

Not the only shoe which a dumb medallion has caused me to not buy.  Ah, shoemakers and their bad medallions.

Therapy works rotflmao.gif
post #6684 of 12795
In case anyone is interested, just called CJ midtown asking for resole pricing, it's $210 these days (drop off in store and pick up in store), takes 8 weeks though...
post #6685 of 12795

Out of curiosity, is that "recrafting" (whatever additional steps that may entail) or did you specifically ask for just a resole?  

post #6686 of 12795
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post

Out of curiosity, is that "recrafting" (whatever additional steps that may entail) or did you specifically ask for just a resole?  

that's recrafting
post #6687 of 12795

Thanks for the input - was just trying to understand the incremental value vs. BNelson or similar.

post #6688 of 12795
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post

Thanks for the input - was just trying to understand the incremental value vs. BNelson or similar.

I think B. Nelson is $95 and 2 weeks?
post #6689 of 12795
But of course B Nelson won't have the original last
post #6690 of 12795
Is there a major advantage to using the proper last when resoling? I figure going through Nelson is good enough for any type of recrafting....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)