I also want to enter this secret treasure chest!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/20/17 at 10:45pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 426post #6376 of 132033/24/14 at 1:21ampost #6377 of 132033/24/14 at 8:45ampost #6378 of 132033/24/14 at 10:34amQuote:
Sorry RC didn't notice. Anyone can ring, up when the FS is open, to check on what is available so plainly that will cover widths as well. Obviously, mistakes are made when they are making different shoes so pot luck really.
That scenario is tough for someone making a special journey from afar, luckier if you happen to be able to drop in reasonably often.post #6379 of 132033/24/14 at 1:16pmpost #6380 of 132033/24/14 at 1:25pm
Just curious if anyone else has seen anything like this with C&J shell, http://www.styleforum.net/t/166941/whats-up-with-my-shell-cordovan . I have a pair of shells that I haven't treated or done much more than wear around the house and noticed a couple little patches like the ones pictured in the link (though mine aren't as pronounced). I emailed the Jermyn street store to get there thoughts but figured I would tap this well of information as well.post #6381 of 132033/24/14 at 3:05pmpost #6382 of 132033/24/14 at 3:19pmpost #6383 of 132033/24/14 at 3:26pmpost #6384 of 132033/24/14 at 3:30pmQuote:
Not C&J related, but did you go to another other factory stores while in Northampton (eg. EG, Lobb)? If so, what were prices like there?post #6385 of 132033/24/14 at 3:32pmQuote:
I've called up factory store a few times. Seldom have any widths other than E.
If it's any indication, the C&J website lists very few models in F and G widths.post #6386 of 132033/24/14 at 4:44pmpost #6387 of 132033/24/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
I got my Coniston's from Barneys during a sale December 2013 at 40% off. I consider myself to have really lucked out. They were a special Barneys makeup in brown wax calf rather than the tan scotch grain but I'm still quite happy with them and it gives me an excuse to get the tan scotch grain ones at some point.post #6388 of 132033/24/14 at 8:42pmWhat are peoples' experiences with pebble-grain leather from C&J? I had a pair of Allen Edmonds pebble-grain leather bluchers in black. Picked up from eBay and eventually decided to let them go. Ever since I have been looking for a replacement.
I need a simple PTB (rubber sole would be an extra) for bad weather wear. Pros v. cons on pebble-grain to smooth finish leather? I think the former provided a bit more texture, visual interest if you will, compared to PTB. And the pebble-grain will not crease as much if not quickly versus smooth calf.
Or is it all personal preference? I don't see a lot of talk about a pebble-grain PTB shoe around these parts of CM.
Edited by gettoasty - 3/24/14 at 9:53pmpost #6389 of 132033/24/14 at 8:51pm
I'm curious if anyone has any specific information about these. They appear to be C&J Handgrade for RL, meaning they're several years old at least.
The interior serial numbers read 1051331/60805 on one side and 815976820123 12D on the other
This was taken in the shade.
But the calf shows amazing colour and marbling in sunlight.post #6390 of 132033/24/14 at 9:12pmQuote:
Same as their usual sale schedule. End of May and end of November.
Look for their "designer" sale.
Search for posts from user tacobender. He is/was an SA at Barney's in Arizona. Haven't seen him around in a while but you can figure out the past dates of sales. He's sold a lot of C&J as well as other brands to SF peeps.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II just now
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 16 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 19 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 20 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 37 minutes ago
- › Frank Clegg Briefcases 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...