or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 424

post #6346 of 12785

Hello, I would like to order online some Coniston as I have no C&J dealer close to where I live.

But I am having a hard time to figure out the right size I should order. I hope you guys can help me.

One shop online told me to go for UK 8 and another one UK 8.5. Some guy who seams to have a foot about same size as me told me go for UK 7.

I'm kind of confuse here.
 

The shoes : Coniston in last 325.
My foot : 26,3cm (10.354inch) long, 10cm (3.937inch) at largest.

 

Thanks.

post #6347 of 12785
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomfr View Post

Hello, I would like to order online some Coniston as I have no C&J dealer close to where I live.
But I am having a hard time to figure out the right size I should order. I hope you guys can help me.
One shop online told me to go for UK 8 and another one UK 8.5. Some guy who seams to have a foot about same size as me told me go for UK 7.
I'm kind of confuse here.

 
The shoes : Coniston in last 325.

My foot : 26,3cm (10.354inch) long, 10cm (3.937inch) at largest.

Thanks.

Email the Jermyn street stores with your foot measurement and they can let you know the appropriate fit. I've done this in the past and had a pleasant experience.
post #6348 of 12785
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomfr View Post

Hello, I would like to order online some Coniston as I have no C&J dealer close to where I live.
But I am having a hard time to figure out the right size I should order. I hope you guys can help me.
One shop online told me to go for UK 8 and another one UK 8.5. Some guy who seams to have a foot about same size as me told me go for UK 7.
I'm kind of confuse here.

 
The shoes : Coniston in last 325.

My foot : 26,3cm (10.354inch) long, 10cm (3.937inch) at largest.

Thanks.

What other shoes/sizes do you wear?
post #6349 of 12785

I live in NY, where we have a local C&J retailer in downtown Manhattan.

 

Length of my foot = 27.3cm (or thereabout), and the widest width is about 10.8cm. I own 6 pairs of C&J, all bought at this local C&J store, and all of which are UK 9.5E (or size 10.5 in US terms).

 

Your size may well be a UK 9E, but please don't take my word for it ! Hope this helps.

post #6350 of 12785
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleamie View Post

I live in NY, where we have a local C&J retailer in downtown Manhattan.

Length of my foot = 27.3cm (or thereabout), and the widest width is about 10.8cm. I own 6 pairs of C&J, all bought at this local C&J store, and all of which are UK 9.5E (or size 10.5 in US terms).

Your size may well be a UK 9E, but please don't take my word for it ! Hope this helps.

Where are you getting C&J downtown?
post #6351 of 12785

Actually, I should have said midtown, not downtown . . . off 56th between 5th and 6th, but more toward 5th, to be precise, and next to Suarez. Ask for a Kevin or a Rene, these guys help me with the fittings usually. 

post #6352 of 12785
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLex View Post


Email the Jermyn street stores with your foot measurement and they can let you know the appropriate fit. I've done this in the past and had a pleasant experience.

 

I just sent an email, thank you.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


What other shoes/sizes do you wear?

 

Well, the truth is that it is the first "real" shoes I want to buy. Until know I only had poor leather quality shoes or sneakers. I looked to others : Alfred Sargent Selkirk, Barker Lambourn because they were less expansive but finaly decided for the Coniston even if they cost more money because I had a flash when I saw them first time. My casual shoes are usually  41 / 42 (french size). So I can't really compare with other quality shoes sizes.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleamie View Post
 

Your size may well be a UK 9E, but please don't take my word for it ! Hope this helps.


My foot is 26.3 cm, not 27.3cm, so I believe UK 9E is way too big for me.

post #6353 of 12785
Posted this on the MTO thread, but thought they deserved to be here too. Damn I love these boots!

post #6354 of 12785
^^Understandable. They're like… drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif
post #6355 of 12785
^^ wow wow wow
post #6356 of 12785
cool.gif
post #6357 of 12785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

THanks PCK1 and jssdc. Will follow your suggestions and polish them off.

What's the next step down from the 348 last in terms of slightly less tapering/elongated toe but still with an elegant profile? The 348 is growing on me as I see more pics of it (e.g. above from Cleav and Steffanbp), but my brain is going to have to get used to that extra 1/4 inch in the toe relative to other shoes lest I stub my toe on steps, which would be a disaster. I like the Carmina Rain last, if that provides a reference point.

The Rain and 348 lasts are very different. If the 348 fits you well, the Rain won't likely fit well.

Rain is similar to the 320 last, in that they accommodate high insteps. The 348 is a low instep last.
post #6358 of 12785
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Posted this on the MTO thread, but thought they deserved to be here too. Damn I love these boots!
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

For me the superb finish work of the shell and perfection of the construction on things like the welt stitching are what really take the boot up to another level.

post #6359 of 12785

Hoit,

 

Those boots look amazing! I'm a bit bummed that I missed out on the MTO. So I plan on ordering the Harlech later this year and will switch out the leather sole for a Ridgeway sole. Btw, thank you for your sizing advice regarding the Marlow.

post #6360 of 12785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Bullitt View Post

Hoit,

Those boots look amazing! I'm a bit bummed that I missed out on the MTO. So I plan on ordering the Harlech later this year and will switch out the leather sole for a Ridgeway sole. Btw, thank you for your sizing advice regarding the Marlow.

No worries - I hope the sizing helped? I highly recommend C&J whiskey. It is incredible in the sunlight - like you've dipped your feet in molten gold.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)