Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 9:28 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 419
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6272 of 111163/15/14 at 2:48pmQuote:
I'm just amazed that it worked so well. I might have to spit shine some black cap toes that have similar abrasions. So you did pretty much what you would do on a non-damaged shoe (e.g. no extra wax was needed?).post #6273 of 111163/15/14 at 3:09pmpost #6274 of 111163/15/14 at 3:16pmQuote:
I have ordered from one of the stores on Jermyn St in London directly. On both those occasions, they deducted the VAT and shipped via Parcel Force (UK mail) which was transferred to the USPS and I paid no customs fees. The shipping was about £30 each time. I have never ordered from or priced at the New York store but compared to Barneys prices, you save money by going direct to C&J.post #6275 of 111163/15/14 at 3:26pmpost #6276 of 111163/15/14 at 4:22pmQuote:
From recent experience, I ordered a pair of Skye II's from Jermyn street. Including shipping and a pair of shoe trees it came out to be $100 less than what the NY store quoted me for the boots alone.
I plan to go this route on future orders based off this experience. I also received better customer service from the Jermyn street shop than the NY shop (though I only communicated via email).post #6277 of 111163/16/14 at 10:29ampost #6278 of 111163/16/14 at 10:53amQuote:Originally Posted by BootSpell
I have ordered from one of the stores on Jermyn St in London directly. On both those occasions, they deducted the VAT and shipped via Parcel Force (UK mail) which was transferred to the USPS and I paid no customs fees. The shipping was about £30 each time. I have never ordered from or priced at the New York store but compared to Barneys prices, you save money by going direct to C&J.
Let's say you get hit by customs, would you at least break even with the price at the New York store?post #6279 of 111163/16/14 at 9:00pmQuote:
We'll need to get someone else to answer as I've never been dinged by customs so not sure what the charge or percentage is. My guess is it's going to be pretty close.post #6280 of 111163/16/14 at 9:09pmQuote:
Charges should be about 8.5% plus $12 to $30 or so fees depending on courier.
That's assuming the sender fills out the customs form correctly and the courier's agent enters in the right tariff code.post #6281 of 111163/17/14 at 4:09ampost #6282 of 111163/17/14 at 6:35amQuote:
Never dealt with the Jermyn Street shop but I placed an order from the NY shop ~6 weeks ago and they get an F for communication. Can't wait to get my shoes as I know I'll love them but doubt I ever order from that store again.post #6283 of 111163/17/14 at 7:01ampost #6284 of 111163/17/14 at 7:30ampost #6285 of 111163/17/14 at 7:32amQuote:
I said it before a long time ago but I'll say it one more time -- I went to the NY store and the salesman working the floor there was shockingly cold, rude, inattentive, and dismissive. I'm a polite, well-dressed (I like to think) guy in my 30s, so while I might be a bit younger than the typical customer there, I don't know that my appearance should have made me an automatic non-entity in the eyes of the salesman. Regardless, I was treated as completely unwelcome. F-. I do understand that others have had better experiences with better salespeople there.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 24 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Leica M8.2 Digital Rangefinder with Zeiss 50mm f/2 planar lens 2 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?