Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 12:47 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 417
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6242 of 110873/13/14 at 7:53pmpost #6243 of 110873/13/14 at 11:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by B-Rogue
I have a pair of Northcotes which I have had for only a few months and they have been worn about 20 times so far in dry weather. They are stromwelted with Dainite rubber soles. However I noticed today that the right shoe at the front has developed a split, i.e. the rubber layer has separated from the other layer above it. Should this be happening? I didnt expect something like this to happen to £350+ shoes (which I may add have been treated with care). And is there anything I can use to glue it back together?
I would send a message to C&J first, I suppose they can offer some kind of support.post #6244 of 110873/14/14 at 6:01ampost #6245 of 110873/14/14 at 9:17ampost #6246 of 110873/14/14 at 9:21ampost #6247 of 110873/14/14 at 9:23ampost #6248 of 110873/14/14 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by othertravel
Cheap Lingfields in multiple sizes.
Was just going to post this, grabbed the 10.5's 1/2 hour ago. I've been looking for some Chelsea boots.post #6249 of 110873/14/14 at 10:22ampost #6250 of 110873/14/14 at 10:29amQuote:Originally Posted by othertravel
Cheap Lingfields in multiple sizes.
Whats the width like on the 348 last that the Lingfield is made from? The D width on Alden barrie's fit me perfectly and I tend to wear an E on the narrower lasts. The lingfields look pretty narrow....post #6251 of 110873/14/14 at 10:44amQuote:
The width is pretty much a "D". I wear 8.5D in AE and 7.5UK in the 348 last.
But if you have a high instep, I'm not sure it'll work for you. I have a low instep and it fits me perfectly. Anybody else want to chime in?post #6252 of 110873/14/14 at 10:56ampost #6253 of 110873/14/14 at 3:27pmpost #6254 of 110873/14/14 at 3:51pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...