or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 404

post #6046 of 12786

To spray or not to spray? That is the question.

 

 

I am debating on using a Nano spray to protect the suede on these, any thoughts? Preferences?

 

Thanks,


DL-

post #6047 of 12786
SPRAY!! I was so glad that I used nano protector when someone spilled their ice coffee on my snuff color suede. I saw the liquid "bounce" right to the floor.... The spray will darken the shoe for the first ten minute and then return to its orginial color after it dries. Such a good product. Now I keep buying suede shoes because of this product!
post #6048 of 12786

+1 on the above. Sprayed them on my Alden suede chukkas and have been caught in heavy downpours in them and it does an awesome job.

post #6049 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLane View Post

To spray or not to spray? That is the question.






I am debating on using a Nano spray to protect the suede on these, any thoughts? Preferences?

Thanks,


DL-

sprayed every pair of suede footwear I own with this
post #6050 of 12786

Is the difference between BG and HG suede as noticeable as the between BG and HG calf?

post #6051 of 12786
Received my first C&J rcently. Dark brown Westfield. I'm struggling with the overall shape and elongated toe. I feel like I'm wearing pontoons.
post #6052 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

I have 3 pairs of Monkton's and each one fits differently, especially my dark grown golf grain which is much larger than the other two.

 

Having owned and currently owning many C&J's I have to say that the sizes can definitely very from shoe to shoe, even being on the same last.


Interesting.  I was trying on a bunch of C&Js this past weekend and it was interesting to me how every 348 last shoe in 9.5UK slotted straight on like the two I already own (Lowndes and Northcote) while the 341 last shoes felt consistently wrong in the same way every time.  Didn't feel like any variation to me.

 

The Northcote, being a boot, does feel a touch different but the Lowndes, Hallam, Highbury, Edgware all felt exactly the same to me despite differences in fastenings.

 

What I did learn though is I'm glad I didn't try to order any 341 last shoe without trying it on.  The 348 fits me extremely well in 9.5UK and 9UK is clearly too small to jam my foot into.  With the 341, even a 9UK is too big in the heel on my left foot and in the 9.5UK both feet are just flopping up and down at the heel. Quite surprising.  Couldn't tell just by looking at them that the differences in heel room were so large.

 

Anyway, the upshot is that my next C&J is a pair of Hallams with Dainite sole and I guess I'm stuck on the 348 last with C&J, at least with benchgrade.  I didn't try on any handgrades- for those who fit well into 348 last shoes, is there any handgrade last which fits similarly?

post #6053 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund K View Post

SPRAY!! I was so glad that I used nano protector when someone spilled their ice coffee on my snuff color suede. I saw the liquid "bounce" right to the floor.... The spray will darken the shoe for the first ten minute and then return to its orginial color after it dries. Such a good product. Now I keep buying suede shoes because of this product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcinitial View Post

+1 on the above. Sprayed them on my Alden suede chukkas and have been caught in heavy downpours in them and it does an awesome job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

sprayed every pair of suede footwear I own with this

How often do you guys re-apply or re-spray the suede shoes with this stuff?
post #6054 of 12786

Yes they work really well, see this one in action as well:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnCfkr6gdA4

post #6055 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUI99 View Post
 


Very nice colors.

post #6056 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post




How often do you guys re-apply or re-spray the suede shoes with this stuff?

Also, is Nano that much better than Saphir's Suede Protector spray? I always hit my suede shoes with Saphir's product.

post #6057 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
 

Also, is Nano that much better than Saphir's Suede Protector spray? I always hit my suede shoes with Saphir's product.

I asked the people at the Hanger Project about the differences. They said Saphir's version did not contain silicone in it. 

 

I've only ever used Saphir's suede protector and it works well after it is directly applied. But, after several wears it seems to wear off and needs to be applied more often in order to reap the benefits. I've been tempted to try Nano to see how it stacks up. 

post #6058 of 12786

 

First pair of Crockett & Jones, and my first pair of shell cordovan :)

post #6059 of 12786
^ very nice
post #6060 of 12786
Oh and Spray baby, spray!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)