Why blame the BoE? Hasn't the pound been rising relative to other currencies? So assuming they import calf from the EU, should prices be going down and/or staying the same?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/20/17 at 10:45pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 400post #5987 of 132222/27/14 at 11:14am
That's annoying. They went up something like 6% last year as well. Trouble is, at this rate C&J BG is getting awfully close price-wise to AS exclusive, which are better shoes. They'll have to up their game to avoid people jumping ship. It's a bit further away for the HG line, but if prices end up north of GBP500 then it's tough not to justify EG or G&G.post #5988 of 132222/27/14 at 11:31am
Thank you for all of the help everyone, really appreciate the input. I think I will try to order from C&J on Jermyn Street (sounds like sooner rather than later). As for sizing I attempted to contact the NY store but have yet to receive a reply, any advice as to which Jermyn Street store I contact for help with Skye 2 sizing and ordering?post #5989 of 132222/27/14 at 1:59pmpost #5990 of 132222/27/14 at 5:37pmpost #5991 of 132222/27/14 at 6:38pm
@lagsun - awesome pics thanks! looks like they have much more variety in terms of leather colors! I'd love to get there at some point to check it out...certainly different from the typical C&J store with shelves of brown and black and a few chestnut/burgundy.
@Cuttingboard - I highly recommend the Monkton. Great shoe...especially in chestnutpost #5992 of 132222/27/14 at 6:42pmQuote:
Did they have any special Parisienne makeups?post #5993 of 132222/27/14 at 8:23pmQuote:
Like PCK1 said, that really is a very different aesthetic than the London shops (or the NY location which looks he same). Such totally English shoes almost look out of place.
Did you check out the bespoke shop onsite?post #5994 of 132222/27/14 at 8:24pmpost #5995 of 132222/27/14 at 11:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by lagsun
Arrived in Paris today and one of my first stops was the C&J store on Raspail. Picked up a pair of Islays and sized down a whole size from my Alden Barrie US8D to UK 7E. Here is crappy hotel room iPad pic of the new boots Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Congrats on your new Islays and glad you made it out to the store!post #5996 of 132222/28/14 at 12:00ampost #5997 of 132222/28/14 at 1:24amQuote:
Very nice exposure ... but where is it?post #5998 of 132222/28/14 at 1:39amQuote:Originally Posted by PCK1
- awesome pics thanks! looks like they have much more variety in terms of leather colors! I'd love to get there at some point to check it out...certainly different from the typical C&J store with shelves of brown and black and a few chestnut/burgundy.
Not sure. I was a little delirious from my 11+ hour flight and was so focused on the Islays I didn't pay much attention to the other shoes.Quote:
This was a small shop and I didn't see anything else. They had winding stairs down to all the shoes. Was it there?Quote:
Thanks for the sizing advice. Another pair of Islay in the Bay Area soon.
33 Boulevard Raspail, Parispost #5999 of 132222/28/14 at 6:12ampost #6000 of 132222/28/14 at 6:27amQuote:
Its hard to find in Chestnut...I'd recommend getting started now if you want it for summer.
I got mine in NY because they just by chance had 1 pair...they normally do not stock it in chestnut.
It's a sharp shoe...and one of my favorite if not my favorite of C&J.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 49 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...