or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 382

post #5716 of 12828

^^  triple that.  I do want to give the Skye/Skye 2 a try at some point and I have no experience with the 335 last.  Thanks, Seven!

post #5717 of 12828

Hello everyone,

 

Selling a pair of Islays on ebay if anyone is interested:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crockett-Jones-Islay-Sz-UK-8E-Bronze-Oil-Nubuck-Bespoke-Almost-no-wear-/131106635691?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

 

Cheers

post #5718 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Can anyone speak to the differences in sizing/feel of the 325 vs. 335. For point of reference, the Coniston is on the 325 and the Skye 2 is on the 335. Thanks.

I wear the same in both. I know some people recommend sizing down a half with the 325 but this wouldn't work at all with me, even more so if I'm wearing chunky socks.

I would, however, say that the 335 is a closer fit, and this fits with the Skye not being quite as rustic as Coniston.
post #5719 of 12828
I saw these on the bay today and thought it worth reposting here since I've never seen a pic of this makeup before - an Islay in nubuck.

fyi: I'm not affiliated with the seller, but I will say that he has a reasonable buy it now price (it's a size UK 8E). Search ebay for islay nubuck and you'll find it.

post #5720 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBrummie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Can anyone speak to the differences in sizing/feel of the 325 vs. 335. For point of reference, the Coniston is on the 325 and the Skye 2 is on the 335. Thanks.

I wear the same in both. I know some people recommend sizing down a half with the 325 but this wouldn't work at all with me, even more so if I'm wearing chunky socks.

I would, however, say that the 335 is a closer fit, and this fits with the Skye not being quite as rustic as Coniston.

Thank you.
post #5721 of 12828

Tell me please, where in Italy (Florence and Rome) I could buy Crockett & Jones shoes?

post #5722 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by vital1981 View Post
 

Tell me please, where in Italy (Florence and Rome) I could buy Crockett & Jones shoes?

You can find dealers on the website of C&J:

 

http://www.crockettandjones.com/stockist

post #5723 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Can anyone speak to the differences in sizing/feel of the 325 vs. 335. For point of reference, the Coniston is on the 325 and the Skye 2 is on the 335. Thanks.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

^ Great question... I'd like to know as well..

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

^^  triple that.  I do want to give the Skye/Skye 2 a try at some point and I have no experience with the 335 last.  Thanks, Seven!

 

Personally (idiot's disclaimer : people's feet are different)

 

My TrueBalance / shell LWB Barrie size is US 8D

shell indy's fit well, a touch snug at first, but minimal stretch and they are now perfect

Conniston 325 UK 7.5E good comfortable fit.

Skye 2 (cordovan) 335 UK 7E good comfortable fit

Skye (non cordovan) 335 UK 7E was a little tight at the bottom of the tongue area,

would probably have stretched and been ok but iu would have been a little concerned.

 

so for me - discounting UK/US sizing just going by number (and for CJ UK E = Alden US D)

 

TB shell Indy or Barrie shell LWB - 1/2  = 325

TB shell Indy or Barrie shell LWB - 1  = 335 

tl;dr

 

would advise going half size down from 325 to 335 (especially for shell 335)

post #5724 of 12828

Just a little confused due to the 2 eyelets on the Tetburys. How do you guys have yours laced?

post #5725 of 12828
Are the C&J shoes for RL made to Handgrade standards?
post #5726 of 12828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post





Personally (idiot's disclaimer : people's feet are different)

My TrueBalance / shell LWB Barrie size is US 8D
shell indy's fit well, a touch snug at first, but minimal stretch and they are now perfect
Conniston 325 UK 7.5E good comfortable fit.
Skye 2 (cordovan) 335 UK 7E good comfortable fit
Skye (non cordovan) 335 UK 7E was a little tight at the bottom of the tongue area,
would probably have stretched and been ok but iu would have been a little concerned.

so for me - discounting UK/US sizing just going by number (and for CJ UK E = Alden US D)

TB shell Indy or Barrie shell LWB - 1/2  = 325
TB shell Indy or Barrie shell LWB - 1  = 335 
tl;dr

would advise going half size down from 325 to 335 (especially for shell 335)
Best post ever! We wear the same Alden size. Thanks!
post #5727 of 12828
navy leather and suede


post #5728 of 12828

Those are a great looking boot Monty! :fonz: I've been itching to add a blue suede to my spring/summer rotation

post #5729 of 12828
V noice Mr^^
post #5730 of 12828

My humble Crockett & Jones collection:

 

 

Grasmere, Westbourne, Grenville and Hallam.

 

And an action shot of Hallams from yesterday:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)