Member CandJONLINE I believe, try a PM...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:47 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 339post #5071 of 1110511/10/13 at 5:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5072 of 1110511/10/13 at 9:41pmpost #5073 of 1110511/11/13 at 12:17amQuote:
All depends on how often the boots are exposed to the elements, mate.
Most of my boots and shoes are designed for walking and they all tend to get waxed a couple of times a year with similar products, more if they need it.post #5074 of 1110511/11/13 at 6:21ampost #5075 of 1110511/11/13 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Isbister
Five or six years ago I bought two pairs of Grasmere shoes - one black, one tan. I'm very fond of country grain and like them a lot - the last suits me very well. Last week I bought another pair of black Grasmeres - the original pair are still in quite good order but had become quite scratched.
The new pair appear to be made from a rather different grade of leather - the pebble grain is somewhat more defined, which I like, but the leather seems rather stiffer, which I'm uncertain about. I'm quite sure the original Grasmeres were always softer, it's not a question of their having become softer with age.
I would be grateful if C&J's spokesman could comment on whether the sourcing of their leather could have changed in this time.
There is a big possibility that we could have changed supplier in that time, although it would only have been out of necessity, following a reduction in quality of the previous leather or lack of availability etc.
All the best,
CandJOnlinepost #5076 of 1110511/11/13 at 7:15ampost #5077 of 1110511/11/13 at 8:43ampost #5078 of 1110511/11/13 at 11:11ampost #5079 of 1110511/11/13 at 3:13pmQuote:
Be, why would you want your GF to be into premium footwear??? That could be distrastrous for her budget (maybe yours, too?)! Seriously, my wife usually looks for sales and buys nice enough looking shoes/boots but cheap ones. They inevitably disintegrate in a year or two. I'm not sure she's still "into" premium footwear but I'm still kinda worried.
In this case, she was waiting for me in the C&J store on Jermyn St while I was trying on boots and we were there for probably a couple of hours. She kept watching the C&J sales girls walking by and finally asked about the shoes/boots they were wearing. That was the end of that. She spent more than I did that day.
I have a feeling it was just because we were on vacation and she felt less reluctant to spend money. We'll have to see going forward. Why don't you try buying your GF a nice pair that you think she'd look good in?post #5080 of 1110511/11/13 at 3:15pmpost #5081 of 1110511/11/13 at 3:46pmQuote:
I'm going to probably be wearing them once a week. I don't plan on hiking in them or anything rugged, just commuting to and fro from work. They'll experience rain/snow/ice for sure. Do you think re-applying every 3 to 4 months should be sufficient?post #5082 of 1110511/11/13 at 4:22pmpost #5083 of 1110511/11/13 at 7:46pmpost #5084 of 1110511/11/13 at 8:05pmpost #5085 of 1110511/11/13 at 8:18pmQuote:
If you search, there was a recent discussion on other online retailers in the US. One is Ben Silver. I think you are right, though --- UK may end up being cheaper.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › Cigars 12 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 17 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...