Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 5:35 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 333
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4982 of 1110910/23/13 at 6:33pmpost #4983 of 1110910/24/13 at 3:22ampost #4984 of 1110910/24/13 at 11:25am
You're lucky. I ordered them in the C&J Brussels store and they don't have the dark brown calf ones in stock (only the black ones). So they'll have to come from the C&J factory. I guess it will take a month or so.post #4985 of 1110910/24/13 at 12:04pmpost #4986 of 1110910/24/13 at 3:58pmQuote:
The waxed nubuck and long, long vamp can result in some unsightly creasing with the dark brown Tetbury's, I think. See below (not mine)post #4987 of 1110910/24/13 at 6:08pmpost #4988 of 1110910/24/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
Here are my brown Tetburys (I happen to have worn them today; you can see a small scuff on the left big toe):
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I've had them for about 3-5 years and love them so much, I just bought a pair of black nubuck (I was torn between black and suede). They are my go-to business casual boots in rain and light snow. I don't think they're the waxed nubuck, but I forget the name C&J used. I do polish them with red periodically and also use Saphir's "mahagoni" colored cream to maintain the reddish tint. I think the red gives the color more depth (Several places actually look like wood grain).post #4989 of 1110910/26/13 at 3:15pmpost #4990 of 1110910/26/13 at 3:54pmpost #4991 of 1110910/26/13 at 8:25pmpost #4992 of 1110910/27/13 at 6:53am
As a relatively poor university student, my funds are quite limited. This means that I cannot spend a fortune on a pair of boots, but I think that it isn't something you can really save on.
Could somebody please inform me whether the price list below is valid for C&J retail stores in London? The model I am interested in is Chelsea 8 in Black wax calf.
CJpost #4993 of 1110910/27/13 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by cj456k2
Unfortunately, I do believe that things may have increased by ~5% since that list came out.post #4994 of 1110910/27/13 at 10:42amI bought a Chelsea 3 like 4 years ago at pediwear and the price was like 270 pounds, now its 370. Dont you agree that this price increase in C&J is a bit unusual, other brans seem to hold their prices for longer periods. Dont you think 370 pounds for C&J benchgrade is becoming a bit overpriced?
regardspost #4995 of 1110910/27/13 at 10:49am
Yes, indeed, I have to admit that as more time passes by, I've been getting these second thought about C&J. It seems that the bench grade models are 'a bit' overpriced compared to other manufacturers.
Therefore, can you please recommend me anything else besides Chelsea 8 by C&J? Most of the time I would wear them in a pretty casual manner. Not really intending to wear them with a suit or anything.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › POLO RALPH LAUREN Leather 1990 VINTAGE Suicide Skier Commemorative... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...