Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:35pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 325post #4861 of 138379/27/13 at 5:50pmpost #4862 of 138379/27/13 at 6:00pmQuote:
They look as good here as the other place I saw them.
Sorry to hear about the one shoe being cut.
Have you contacted the vendor that sold them to you yet?post #4863 of 138379/28/13 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by The7Ups
This Brummie, navy just doesn't do it for me (btw I have handled the black scotch grain that C&J uses on Onslow and Grasmere and I don't like it either so perhaps I have a double negative bias here). Having said all that they have a nice distinct silhouette and look good on you.
Well, alea iacta est. Kind of. Placed the special order today and have six months to decide whether or not to keep the Conistons as long as they're not worn outside!
The key for me is whether or not the navy leather will fade or darken over time, and obviously taking what steps I can to push them in the former direction. If I keep them, of course...
As for the special order, well it's not actually that special but it's exactly what I wanted - a veldtschoen boot in rough-out to replace the storm-welted Arrans I already have. A proper field boot as opposed to a 'walk in the country' boot, and one that will look the dog's bollocks with denim. I've asked the shop to enquire of the factory to see if they can produce a pattern with a full bellows tongue, as opposed to the half bellows the Snowdon pattern has as standard.
Being on the Snowdon pattern and not the Arran means that it'll be unlined, which is fine. Should be with me by the end of November...post #4864 of 138379/28/13 at 8:26amLast comparison. Left to right. Marlow PTB last? Marlow Wingtip 325, C&J for BB boot 240, C&J Ashdown 341. 325 is straight lasted and very roomy in the toes. 240 is straight lasted as well but with a much more narrower toe box. 341 is curved lasted and narrow, good fit for my low volume thin feet. image.jpg 1268k .jpg filepost #4865 of 138379/28/13 at 8:32ampost #4866 of 138379/28/13 at 9:29amQuote:Chipshot, thanks for posting the pics of what I would consider a proper wardrobe of mens everyday footwear. I've got basically the same line-up except that my boots and my other PTB are Alden's. One could argue the point that all you need is a shoe in basic black to round out the rotation. For a black dress shoe I prefer calfskin over shell cordovan on a single leather sole. I think black calfskin compliments, and looks better, when worn with a quality wool suit (super 130's or above), and when wearing cashmeres and silks, as would be the case when the occasion requires formal dress. To me the shine one can get on calfskin looks softer and less glaring than shell. What do you think of a whoke-cut four eyelet shoe like the C&J Alex for basic black shoe, too dressy? Of the four C&J cordovan shoes you posted which do you wear most often?Originally Posted by chipshot
Last comparison. Left to right. Marlow PTB last? Marlow Wingtip 325, C&J for BB boot 240, C&J Ashdown 341. 325 is straight lasted and very roomy in the toes. 240 is straight lasted as well but with a much more narrower toe box. 341 is curved lasted and narrow, good fit for my low volume thin feet. image.jpg 1268k .jpg file
Edited by BeSpiffington - 9/28/13 at 6:36pmpost #4867 of 138379/28/13 at 11:13amQuote:Thanks Bespiff ... can't do it .. It would be like picking a favorite child .. They each have there place dear to me:-) lolOriginally Posted by BeSpiffington
Chipshot, thanks for posting the pics of what I would consider a proper wardrobe of mens everyday footwear. I've got basically the same line-up except that my boots and my other PTB are Alden's. I think all one would need is a shoe in basic black to round out the rotation. For a black dress shoe I prefer calfskin over shell cordovan on a single leather sole. To me black calfskin compliments, and looks better, when worn with a quality wool suit (super 130's or above), and when wearing cashmeres and silks, as would be the case when the occasion requires formal dress. To me the shine one can get on calfskin looks softer and less glaring than shell. What do you think of a whoke-cut four eyelet shoe like the C&J Alex for basic black shoe, too dressy? Of the four C&J cordovan shoes you posted which do you wear most often?
I wear my black shell LHS quite a bit. In fact .. I'd like to see a shell penny forum added as I do wear a ton of loafers in the summer.post #4868 of 138379/28/13 at 3:39pmpost #4869 of 138379/28/13 at 4:22pmpost #4870 of 138379/28/13 at 4:49pmpost #4871 of 138379/28/13 at 5:50pm
No, I did not bring it up to the CJ boutique. I did mention her shoes came missing the extra set of different shoe laces when I went in for some CJ trees & wax today... But it is ok. She loves them. And she saw the new Zena Navy boots they have in their new catalog...post #4872 of 138379/28/13 at 9:46pmpost #4873 of 138379/29/13 at 6:24ampost #4874 of 138379/29/13 at 7:02amC&J Whiskey Cordovan MTO examples from Japanese RAKUTEN:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #4875 of 138379/29/13 at 7:09amHello Gentlemen,
This being my first post on these forums I feel I must apologise that I did not manage to get through reading this whole thread so please forgive me if this question has already been covered.
I am on the verge of purchasing my first pair of C&J shoes, but I have a slight predicament in that I live in New Zealand and there is a noted lack of quality shoes here. I'm happy enough to order the C&Js online, but I am concerned about getting the right fit. I managed to find a local store that stocks Barker shoes and the 'Arnold' (69 last) fit me perfectly in size 9.5 G. I was hoping to buy the C&J 'Radstock' in black on the 341 last - do you think they would also fit as well in 9.5 G? Is the instep and arch comparable? I know this is a longshot and thanks in advance for any feedback.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 25 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 29 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 38 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 39 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 40 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 42 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 51 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...