So C&J will do an MTO with a minimum order if we contact them directly? Or are you referring to a specific vendor?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:38 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 1:20 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 310post #4636 of 113979/11/13 at 4:51pmpost #4637 of 113979/11/13 at 5:27pmpost #4638 of 113979/12/13 at 7:25amQuote:
I came close to putting in a special order last year fora variation on a Snowdon boot.
The price quoted was £675, bearing in mind this was relative to last season's prices.
I placed the order, paid, and then word came back from the factory that there was an additional charge of fifty quid for veldtschoen construction. This put the cost within reach of a pair of Galways, so I cancelled the order and headed down to Jermyn Street and bought a pair...
Love C&J but they angled themselves out of a sale on that day.post #4639 of 113979/12/13 at 7:49ampost #4640 of 113979/12/13 at 8:31amMaybe this info has already been posted, but I was inquiring about a few of the models that C&J makes for Shipton & Heneage. S&H was kind enough to confirm they were C&J and share the last #s so I thought I'd pass the info on.
From their email:
"The lasts are as follows:-
I don't see 240 or 297 listed on C&Js site so they must be older lasts I suppose. The Fitzroy is on the 236 so I'm guessing Fitzroy = Connaught? The toe shape looks different on S&Hs site, I wouldn't have thought that was 236.
If you filter by Construction: Goodyear and Price: Descending I think that most (if not all) of the $385 shoes are C&J. The leather soled shoes definitely look like C&J and any of the shoes where you can see any of the inside printing it looks like C&J.
Does anyone know if these are made to benchgrade standards? If so they seem like a steal for $385! If not, what is less about the quality? The leather quality of the uppers? Other construction? The soles look the same to me. Anyone familiar with the 240 or 297 lasts?post #4641 of 113979/12/13 at 8:37ampost #4642 of 113979/12/13 at 8:45amI'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these Winchesters:
Any reason not to? $385 for C&J seems like a really good deal. If anyone has had a negative experience with Shiptons C&Js I'd love to hear.post #4643 of 113979/12/13 at 9:08ampost #4644 of 113979/12/13 at 9:21am
I ordered a pair of C&J Tetburys from the Edwards of Manchester sale on Sunday, they shipped on Monday, and DHL attempted deliver on Wednesday. When I ordered, they had black calf and dark brown suede, each in a range of sizes. Unless you want brown calfskin, you may want to cancel your order and order from EoM (check the thread in Menswear). At just over 400 USD, shipped, the price wasn't bad and I'll have them in about 4 days.post #4645 of 113979/12/13 at 9:23amQuote:
That was my initial reaction too, but those sure look like benchgrade soles. I currently have 9 pairs of C&Js so I might take a shot at those and see how they compare. If the uppers seems significantly below my other benchgrade calf shoes (Hallam, Westbourne, Lowndes) when they arrive I suppose I can always return them.
At that price they seem like a pretty good deal as long as they are superior to AE.post #4646 of 113979/12/13 at 9:45amQuote:Originally Posted by thinman
I ordered a pair of C&J Tetburys from the Edwards of Manchester sale on Sunday, they shipped on Monday, and DHL attempted deliver on Wednesday. When I ordered, they had black calf and dark brown suede, each in a range of sizes. Unless you want brown calfskin, you may want to cancel your order and order from EoM (check the thread in Menswear). At just over 400 USD, shipped, the price wasn't bad and I'll have them in about 4 days.
Actually placed my order through EoM but they were out of my size. They're still honoring the sale price though.
Skyfall has been huge for C&J. The NYC store told me that the Tets are constantly selling out. And credit to DC for not using Edward Green; I prefer to keep my shoe purchases at under $1k'post #4647 of 113979/12/13 at 9:55ampost #4648 of 113979/12/13 at 4:07pmsevenfoldtieguy: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Double-Monk-Straps/MH00194,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00194_Color=BRWN&contentpos=13&cgid=0522
Can anyone confirm the maker of these? If one of you has them, do they fit TTS? Thanks.
These are indeed C&J on the 341 last. Got them today via fedex. Nice shoe, nice last, great fit. Unfortunately, the suede is a much darker brown that that which is pictured. Will be returning them.post #4649 of 113979/12/13 at 4:09pmpost #4650 of 113979/13/13 at 1:53amQuote:
Hi othertravel, we do offer group MTO buys but it has to be organised through one of our shops.
What tends to happen is that one of our staff is asked repeatedly for a style in a colour way that we do not run or for a style that was discontinued a few years back. When the member of our retail team has 6-12 like-minded customers, asking for say Coniston in black grain, they phone them all back asking if they are still interested. If yes, they are able to place a single line of MTO orders (all the same spec, different sizes) and send to the factory.
The reason it is only offered through our shops is that you must pay for your shoes in advance and it tends to only work if you have had C&J's before or are able to go in for a fitting. The advantage being, that you pay retail and not special order pricing.
If you are interested in this, we would recommend contacting one of our shops, registering interest in your collective chosen style, once enough people have registered interest, the member of staff will be able to phone customers back to take payment thus enabling them to place an MTO order!
Crockett & Jones Online
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Alden for Unionmade Mason Chocolate Suede Indy Boots 10D Trubalance 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot PUT YOUR MONEY... 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Alden for Unionmade Stevenson Natural Chromexcel Indy Boots 10D... 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 12 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 14 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts