Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:43 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:35pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 292post #4367 of 138567/28/13 at 10:54amQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
Pics are appalling, sorry. My camera is packed away somewhere whilst renovating the house so relied on my mobile and poor lighting, hah!
Hopefully you've got a vague idea now though. Not sure I'd wear them often with denim if they were more polished (prefer the Islay or Snowdon for denim anyway) but I think they work nicely with chinos and a shirt for a business casual environment. Tattoos are optional.
Thanks it helps alot. When wearing them, you mostly dress them up right?post #4368 of 138567/28/13 at 11:41ampost #4369 of 138567/28/13 at 12:19pmpost #4370 of 138567/28/13 at 12:47pmpost #4371 of 138567/28/13 at 2:51pmpost #4372 of 138567/29/13 at 5:12pmpost #4373 of 138567/29/13 at 8:52pmpost #4374 of 138567/29/13 at 10:31pmpost #4375 of 138567/30/13 at 6:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Tuur
I do have a follow up question. Was their a lot of difference breaking in your Selbourne's as opposed to your Hallam's?
Before I buy my new pair of C&J I have to be sure about size. I bought my Edgware UK8 (true to size) and I have worn them 7-8 days by now. I don't have any fit-problems around the toes. They hurted a little bit at first but now I'm very comfortable in that zone.
At the heel they are not perfectly comfortable yet. I still expierence some heel slip, although it's not a big problem and it doesn't give me blisters. When I'm standing and move my foot as far upfront as I can there is just a little bit of room at the heel, I barely can squeeze a finger between the heel counter and the heel, so normally that fit should be perfect as well. Yet, when I'm wearing the shoes I have the impression that there is a lot of room there (heel slip).
I've read on the internet that the Edgware's are not easy to break in, probably as a result of the stiff leather that is used for these shoes. Would this indeed be the problem? Do you think the shoes are not completely broken in after 7-8 days? Maybe I have to size down (a half a size) on my next C&J? I have to size that when I walk in them the leather still makes that typical sound of stiff leather.
Here is a picture of my shoes. I think the creases are normal and don't give the impression that my shoes are too big nor too small..?
I'll write a little follow-up for those who are interested. Today I went to the Brussels C&J to buy a new pair of shoes, a half-size smaller then my Edgware's to avoid the heel-slippage on my Edgware's. I explained my problem to the store manager who took a good look at my feet and she was of the opinion that the heel slippage is caused by my rather small heels. She said I have strange feet; normal-broad at the toes and very small at the heels. She said I shouldn't size down as she expects it would cause problems at the toes (she was rather surprised I didn't have toe-issues with the current UK8 size) and it would probably not solve the heel problem. After that she felt at the shoes and said that that the heel counter is still very stiff. She expects that I will be fine in a month or so if I keep wearing them, softening the leather. She also advised to wait until then to buy a second pair of shoes.
She also said that C&J shoes should be rather comfortable immediately after purchase (somebody said the same thing here in reaction on my previous post) but that it is normal that the break-in period is much longer for somebody with very small heels.
I was very happy with her service and help. I'll be patient and wear them another month and half and reevaluate after that (I'll write another follow-up post too). Thanks for all of your kind comments and help!post #4376 of 138567/30/13 at 7:17ampost #4377 of 138567/30/13 at 7:28amQuote:Originally Posted by chipshot
For those who have both the Crockett & Jones Unlined Harvard Cordovan Penny and the Alden LHS Unlined Cordovan Penny. Do you use the Alden Van equivalent UK size on the Harvard? UK8E Harvard, US9D Alden. Thanks! I'd like to order the correct size coming out of the gate this time....
I have the harvard in dark brown shell...I am a US9D TTS....I took a UK8.5 and it was just dandy.post #4378 of 138567/30/13 at 8:06ampost #4379 of 138567/30/13 at 8:18ampost #4380 of 138567/30/13 at 8:23am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 19 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 58 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 5 minutes ago
- › Florsheim vs. Allen Edmond 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...