Normaly Im a UK 7 but I take a 6.5 for C&J shoes (well at least whatever last the Cliford and Waymouth are on.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/24/16 at 9:17pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:12 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 272post #4066 of 121456/4/13 at 8:51ampost #4067 of 121456/4/13 at 12:19pmpost #4068 of 121456/5/13 at 3:52amQuote:I typically wear a 9.5 US. I wear an 8.5E UK sizing for the Westbourne (348 last) and Islay (not sure which last). The Westbournes are a little snug but still fine. The Islays are spot-on.Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
I believe a C&J G width would be a BB Peal & Co. F width ( or EE width). Some C&J models have H width (EEE WIDTH).
I too struggled with the Peal Co. Shoes, specifically the perf. Captoe. The US 11E was a little too narrow, so I will have to go with a UK G width.
The same question arises for me, are C&Js a full size smaller from US to UK, or only half a size smaller? I believe the SA from the NY store mentioned it would be a full size difference, but I would appreciate more input as well.post #4069 of 121456/6/13 at 1:15ampost #4070 of 121456/6/13 at 1:20ampost #4071 of 121456/6/13 at 3:47amQuote:
The Islay fits TTS on my foot. If your in doubt I recommend purchasing your pair from someone who accepts returns.
There are plenty of less expensive boots out there, and I can't compare them to the Grenson because I don't own any Grensons. You can find plenty of boots out there for alot less that would probably work just fine. But I own a couple of other pairs of C&J shoes and I believe it is worth the little extra I pay for them.
Sure these are great boots and I have no qualms about wearing them out in the rain. Dainite soles may not be the best to wear on ice however.
Edited by dddrees - 6/6/13 at 4:15ampost #4072 of 121456/6/13 at 6:19ampost #4073 of 121456/6/13 at 6:19ampost #4074 of 121456/6/13 at 6:27ampost #4075 of 121456/6/13 at 6:28ampost #4076 of 121456/6/13 at 7:02am
The Tetbury can be purchased in nubuck or suedel. Not sure where you can get it but if you check out the Crockett and Jones website it is definitely an option.
Edited by dddrees - 6/6/13 at 7:16ampost #4077 of 121456/6/13 at 7:09ampost #4078 of 121456/6/13 at 7:10ampost #4079 of 121456/6/13 at 7:16ampost #4080 of 121456/6/13 at 7:25amThe sample sale is at C&J stores only, and they'll be receiving samples/subs from around the world. The sale is on June 12, but the inventory hasn't been advertised yet. Will likely receive that info over the next few days.
The manager told me that hand grades will sell for the price of bench grades.
They also ship internationally from the store.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 27 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Vass x Jeeves Mahogany English Grain Byron Boot GMTO - Until... 6 minutes ago
- › 44-46R jackets! Boglioli, BBBF, LBM, D&G 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...