Normaly Im a UK 7 but I take a 6.5 for C&J shoes (well at least whatever last the Cliford and Waymouth are on.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 11/12/15 at 5:07pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 2:08 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:01 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 272post #4066 of 104756/4/13 at 8:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4067 of 104756/4/13 at 12:19pmpost #4068 of 104756/5/13 at 3:52amQuote:I typically wear a 9.5 US. I wear an 8.5E UK sizing for the Westbourne (348 last) and Islay (not sure which last). The Westbournes are a little snug but still fine. The Islays are spot-on.Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
I believe a C&J G width would be a BB Peal & Co. F width ( or EE width). Some C&J models have H width (EEE WIDTH).
I too struggled with the Peal Co. Shoes, specifically the perf. Captoe. The US 11E was a little too narrow, so I will have to go with a UK G width.
The same question arises for me, are C&Js a full size smaller from US to UK, or only half a size smaller? I believe the SA from the NY store mentioned it would be a full size difference, but I would appreciate more input as well.post #4069 of 104756/6/13 at 1:15ampost #4070 of 104756/6/13 at 1:20ampost #4071 of 104756/6/13 at 3:47amQuote:
The Islay fits TTS on my foot. If your in doubt I recommend purchasing your pair from someone who accepts returns.
There are plenty of less expensive boots out there, and I can't compare them to the Grenson because I don't own any Grensons. You can find plenty of boots out there for alot less that would probably work just fine. But I own a couple of other pairs of C&J shoes and I believe it is worth the little extra I pay for them.
Sure these are great boots and I have no qualms about wearing them out in the rain. Dainite soles may not be the best to wear on ice however.
Edited by dddrees - 6/6/13 at 4:15ampost #4072 of 104756/6/13 at 6:19ampost #4073 of 104756/6/13 at 6:19ampost #4074 of 104756/6/13 at 6:27ampost #4075 of 104756/6/13 at 6:28ampost #4076 of 104756/6/13 at 7:02am
The Tetbury can be purchased in nubuck or suedel. Not sure where you can get it but if you check out the Crockett and Jones website it is definitely an option.
Edited by dddrees - 6/6/13 at 7:16ampost #4077 of 104756/6/13 at 7:09ampost #4078 of 104756/6/13 at 7:10ampost #4079 of 104756/6/13 at 7:16ampost #4080 of 104756/6/13 at 7:25amThe sample sale is at C&J stores only, and they'll be receiving samples/subs from around the world. The sale is on June 12, but the inventory hasn't been advertised yet. Will likely receive that info over the next few days.
The manager told me that hand grades will sell for the price of bench grades.
They also ship internationally from the store.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Alfred Sargent for J.Crew Longwing Brogue Bluchers Size 9 UK /... 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories