Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 267
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3992 of 110715/6/13 at 12:56amQuote:
Use whatever colour you want, it doesn't really matter...I'd probably not use wax polish on the Northcote though if I had it, as you'll often just see it smear pretty quickly when used on waxy leather.post #3993 of 110715/6/13 at 5:29am
You don't need wax. You can get special cream made specifically for waxed leather. Try some Dasco Waxed Leather Cream which is available from Pediware in the UK. I use it on my C&J Northcote boots and my Hallam waxed leather shoes. Perfect. Waxed leather shoes are not meant to have a brilliant shine to them. So don't waste your time trying.
Edited by Logun788 - 5/6/13 at 5:48ampost #3994 of 110715/6/13 at 6:31ampost #3995 of 110715/7/13 at 2:02am
A small write up on the Goodyear Welted process we use to construct our shoes:
Coming soon - How to care for different types of leathers.
All the best,
Crockett & Jonespost #3996 of 110715/7/13 at 2:16ampost #3997 of 110715/7/13 at 8:38am
It is indeed a very nice last. I wasn't too sure before i purchased them. There are no C&J vendors near my neighbourhood where i could have tried them on first - so purchased them and hoped for the best. I am delighted with the last though. Its not as narrow or long as the 348/358 lasts. Its more like the 341 last, but with a slightly more rounded toe. Very comfortable.post #3998 of 110715/7/13 at 9:01ampost #3999 of 110715/8/13 at 9:33pmpost #4000 of 110715/9/13 at 4:16ampost #4001 of 110715/9/13 at 10:12ampost #4002 of 110715/10/13 at 9:29am
The final instalment of our "Voice of Workmanship" News has just been put on the website:
Have a great weekend.
Crockett & Jonespost #4003 of 110715/10/13 at 10:58ampost #4004 of 110715/13/13 at 12:06pmpost #4005 of 110715/13/13 at 12:41pm
Any suggestions on what C&J lasts fit wide feet well? My size is 7.5G. I'm looking for shoes for businesswear (I work in finance in NYC), so I'd want preferably black calf or a really dark brown. Also, I have a pretty decent instep. My office isn't far from the boutique on W 56th St, but I'd like to have an idea of what to look at before I go in case the sales associates are clueless.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feeback & Appreciation 50 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 55 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Best Hair Styling Products for Men? 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...