I've been told that it costs 60 pounds to change the leather sole of C&J shoes with dainite. Does it mean that I may wear the shoes till they need resoling and then ask C&J to chage the sole to a dainite one for this price? Or is this applicable to new shoes only? I have hallams and some 358s on leather and wanted to try to wear them as is but not sure if it is reasonable in our conditions. But if the future dainite resoling is an option I can try at least .
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:45 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 247post #3692 of 120233/21/13 at 3:49ampost #3693 of 120233/21/13 at 3:49ampost #3694 of 120233/21/13 at 4:19amQuote:Originally Posted by dddrees
I would give you the same advice here I gave you in your other thread:
I would advise you to take your time and make sure your making your money count. Start with the basics and make sure your covered. Don't limit yourself to one brand but make sure they are quality brands with a good value for your money. Crocket and Jones in my mind is a good value but there are others as well. Make sure you budget shoe care supplies such as the recomended cleaner\conditioner, brushes, cream, wax, and shoe trees. Make your investment count and do your research well in advance of any purchase.
Suede in my opinion wouldn't be a good second shoe.
Checkout threads like the follwoing:
Dddrees is spot on - Go for calf leather as your first calf...Suede can be high maintenaince
C&J's is a great call for your maiden voyage into quality, well made shoes on a selection of
sleek and stunning last.post #3695 of 120233/21/13 at 4:47amQuote:
Now from what I understand the Westbourne that your poseted are Chestnut "Burnished Calf". The Selbournes are Chestnut "Antique Calf".
Idoes someone have pics showing the difference in color between Chestnut Burnished and Antique? From what C&J told me...the Antique is darker than the Burnishedpost #3696 of 120233/21/13 at 5:34ampost #3697 of 120233/21/13 at 11:45am
I've always thought the Edgware to be a really beautiful shoe, but the version made for Grafford in
Burgundy cordovan is just incredible
sharing this for the non-swedes...post #3698 of 120233/21/13 at 12:12pmpost #3699 of 120233/21/13 at 1:04pmpost #3700 of 120233/21/13 at 10:49pmGood morning!Here I reflected to buy couple of good kroketovsky footwear for the spring-summer. But because of impossibility to measure to have to guess. I have a footwear from C&J and from Trickers. All couples can be carried and even it is necessary, but the ideal and isn't present. And it would be desirable. Maybe who will prompt. Especially a problem that if even there was an opportunity to measure most, questions would be not less. As it is frequent when I measure it seems everything well, and you will wear, and not comfortable footwear.Total: (all width E)C&J:341 oxford on Dainite at a rate of 7 - a heel and completeness as slippers, but fingers in a bunch also draw in around a little finger. Not in front and not sideways, and as though on a bevel. I wore in long, but all the same, around a bevel of a little finger draws in.I.e. most likely doesn't suffice are long and they rest against strongly being narrowed sock of footwear.341 oxford at a rate of 7.5 - sit normally, but the heel dangles. I.e. rather everything doesn't dangle that absolutely, but fidgets. And it is very easy. The little finger on a bevel all the same is slightly felt.341 derby at a rate of 7.5 - as well as oxford at a rate of 7.5 but if to put on a thick sock.337 oxford at a rate of 7 in general as poured in, but completeness around a heel and the foot middle slightly with a stock. Thus the little finger all the same draws in in front and sideways. Not so strongly as in 341 at a rate of 7.348 boots at a rate of 7.5 even on a thick sock dangle in a heel (decently), are free in the middle. And in a sock the most comfortable of all footwear. It seems, would take on the half-size less, almost for certain. But somehow doesn't fit in. Because 341 at a rate of 7 it is obviously small, 337 at a rate of 7 it is it seems good. According to the logic of 348 at a rate of 7 haven't to fit. Probably, but why then 348 at a rate of 7.5 so it is more. And even in comparison with derby on Dainite in the same size in a block 341?I thought that feet wide. So isn't present - quite average.- 26.6 cm length- 9.5 cm width- 23.0 cm volumeFor an example boots Trickers on very wide block (not to compare at all with 341 or 337) at a rate of 7 in a heel dangle, and the little finger all as isn't comfortable (sideways in front). Though at all fingers and completeness ahead don't clench it seems with a stock.Strange somehow.I thought to take Loafer-y in a block 341 or dover 2 in a block 348. But it is absolutely unclear.post #3701 of 120233/22/13 at 4:57amQuote:
I've taken on board on your advice and will most likely go with a dark brown calf leather first. But now to choose which one....audley or lonsdale in the dark brown antique calf???
Or even chestnut belgraves ???post #3702 of 120233/22/13 at 8:07ampost #3703 of 120233/22/13 at 8:18ampost #3704 of 120233/22/13 at 8:58am
Hello gentleman -
First time poster on the thread. After browsing thru all the fantastic pictures of the islay boot on the thread, now I really want one!
I have looked into pediwear and bodileys and was wondering if the thrifty shoppers here knew of any other options that are cheaper?
I also have a friend in London at the moment and that could be an option. Any suggestions on that route (which stores etc) would be welcomed.post #3705 of 120233/22/13 at 4:55pmQuote:
Absolutely not. Yes, they're remarkably similar and certainly overlap stylistically (as long as your pant leg is hiding your boot's calf as it should) but I use both regularly and for different reasons.
That said, I don't think the average observer notes the difference. Some probably think I'm wearing the same shoe until I cross my legs.
Whichever you're missing, get 'em. Then revisit the RL thread in 2 years to see how much more they cost and thank yourself for being smart enough now to pull the trigger.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Am I missing something about men's dress shoes? 35 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 9 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding