completely agree. I think i would need to single out a pair of boots and not add polish or cream, or edge dressing. it would be hard to look at them for the duration of time needed for such a patina.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:28 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 244post #3646 of 111283/18/13 at 3:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3647 of 111283/18/13 at 3:54ampost #3648 of 111283/18/13 at 4:03amI think a pair of the original, country boot Galways would look absolutely fantastic with a patina like that. I'm not too fussy about caring for my grain derby boots beyond an occasional conditioning and even more occasional coat of cream polish precisely because I'm not convinced that grained boots look good at all when over-maintained...post #3649 of 111283/18/13 at 5:09am
Very nice - I managed to pick up a pair of Alex on the Handgrade spec from Cleverley some years back.
C&J's Alex are only made on the Benchgrade....
Overall, the Alex wholecut on the 348 last is probably the best looking of all other makers.post #3650 of 111283/18/13 at 5:12ampost #3651 of 111283/18/13 at 5:14ampost #3652 of 111283/18/13 at 8:21amQuote:
+1 I've had mine for about a year, and they still look pretty much like new. It's a great durable calfskin; I can't imagine what that boot must have been through. A little Venetian Shoe Cream could have gone a long way.post #3653 of 111283/18/13 at 8:38ampost #3654 of 111283/18/13 at 9:06ampost #3655 of 111283/18/13 at 9:32ampost #3656 of 111283/18/13 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #3657 of 111283/18/13 at 10:14amQuote:
Alden does cordovan better than most. They have more luster to them. I think my Rider boots are on pair with Aldens' cordovan. I'm waiting to see how St Crispins does it, I have a pair of theirs on order. I have the Crockett and Jones Lindrick and the Cordovan is nowhere as shiny as Alden, it's dryer. The Lindrick is the boot version of the Marlow. But the Lindrick is constructed better than an Alden boot.
Did you say both was an option?
I would get the Marlow at the Alden price first, and then I would get the Alden at the Alden price later.post #3658 of 111283/18/13 at 10:29ampost #3659 of 111283/18/13 at 12:19pmThread Starterpost #3660 of 111283/18/13 at 12:24pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina String Loafers Noix Suede Uetam Last 5.5 UK 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Galways, Brown Utah, Shearling, Size 8.5E UK, 64 Last 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?